Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
odd
dunno what to make of this part - “As it turns out, the FBI was also under the impression that Brian had come home"
I'd better to go see if I can track down the interview on Youtube ( site not avail to European nations)
Very odd, agree with other posters that SB presented the not at home from hike on Monday info not as a concerning issue, said in passing. I like BE’s question to him, why when LE made statements on Wed/Thurs they knew where BL was, he did not correct them or call and find out where his client is? MOO

Those aren't 911 incident reports. The verbiage LE uses is "Call Summary". That doesn't mean actual 911 calls, or calls at all. "Call" is LE terminology for all police contact or responses to a location for any reason. jmo

Was looking at that this weekend -- many of them were "officer initiated." There were some that were prompted via "phone" -- but it wasn't necessarily a 911 calls. And some were prompted by email.

ETA: link to call reports produced by NPPD in response to a FOIA request - https://cdn.muckrock.com/foia_files/2021/10/14/4343_Wabasso_9_1_to_10_8_Redacted.pdf

Last edited:
Those aren't 911 incident reports. The verbiage LE uses is "Call Summary". That doesn't mean actual 911 calls, or calls at all. "Call" is LE terminology for all police contact or responses to a location for any reason. jmo
Thank you for the explanation!! so the contact came from police initiating or from a request from the house? I appreciate your help.

Here is part of the article which has the 46 pages of reports.
FIRST ON FOX: There were at least 46 police calls or response requests related to the North Port, Florida, home of now-fugitive Brian Laundrie between Sept. 10-27, according to police records obtained by Fox News Digital.

North Port Police Department provided Fox News Digital with 46 pages of records related to police calls with an incident location of the Laundries’ home – the home where Laundrie resides with his parents, and where he lived with his fiancée, Gabby Petito, before her mother ultimately reported her missing. At times, police officers also initiated the calls themselves.

North Port police would not provide logs for calls made before the afternoon of Sept. 10, the day before Petito’s mother reported her missing, and the records were partially redacted. The department also only provided records through Sept. 27, instead of through the requested date of Sept. 29.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Dozens of police calls to Florida home after Gabby Petito was last seen | Fox News

He didn't exactly say "Gabby was no angel." He said something like he wasn't sure the description of Brian as an evil serial killer and Gabby as an angel, was entirely accurate.

They were just normal young adults, who fought and argued too much and probably never should have been together.

I wish Gabby had been able to get out sooner. I wonder if she had finally told him she wanted to separate. Maybe she really did have plans to move back to NY. I think the threat of leaving would have been enough to set Brian off. Imo

"He said something like he wasn't sure the description of Brian as an evil serial killer and Gabby as an angel, was entirely accurate"

SB is certainly implying Gabby "was no angel". A distinction without a difference.

I'm curious...
Does anyone recall reading or hearing if Gabby had her Apple watch on when she was found?
Does anyone recall reading or hearing what kind of Apple watch she had?
Was it the kind that monitored pulse, heart rate, oxygen, miles walked etc.?
Was it the type that could record audio via a 3rd party app?

I keep wondering if by some chance her watch, if she was wearing it, could play a significant role in narrowing down or zeroing in on her time of death given the right circumstances.

Was there any cellular data networks in the area that her watch could connect to?

It was a remote area and BL did tell his hitch hike drivers that his fiancé was working on her van life social media blog. If there's any truth to her working on her blog while at Spread Creek before she died, that would also mean it may have been possible for her watch to connect....

Personally, I think his camping alone-hitch hiking story to the folks giving him rides was, with bits of past truth sprinkled in, bs for cover purposes. I think Gabby was deceased when he was hitch hiking.

I don't even want to think about a third-party app that would enable audio recordings on her watch.
I just can't go there. :(

Photo link: Brian's Instagram
Login • Instagram

None of the Instagram posts from the time of the road trip show her wearing a watch of any sort, nor does the Moab police video. She may just not have been wearing it when photographed, but I think it is likely she didn't wear an apple watch during this trip. IMO

I think this case shows how LE needs training in DV abuse cases, and use this as a what NOT to do. (I'm not anti-LE, in fact, I'm pro-LE/FBI. I have family members in NYC LE/FBI) I just think LE needs more training in recognizing signs of DV.
Some states are currently pursuing policy changes in which a social worker accompanies LE to DV calls. LE training is always good, but LE can't possibly be expected to be legal experts and social workers at the same time. I personally think such initiatives should be supported and funded as prevention programs. imo

"He said something like he wasn't sure the description of Brian as an evil serial killer and Gabby as an angel, was entirely accurate"

SB is certainly implying Gabby "was no angel". A distinction without a difference.

yes, agreed.

His desire is to muddy up Gabby’s reputation, and in so doing, he’s showing us clearly that in his mind he’s still defending his client, even unto death.

there is no reason that SB says this, without his desire being to convey a snide ‘ it’s possible Gabby provoked any negative behaviors on the part of Brian’.

I literally can’t think of any interpretation other than ‘you people are foolishly assuming Gabby had no part in Brian’s reactions towards her,’; which considering the outcome, can only be victim blaming.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that's because that is the guise NY used to take the report. NY fudged a bit and used NY as Gabby's current address (even though she hadn't lived there in quite some time) and listed FL as Gabby's previous address.

"Gabby Petito’s mother Nichole Schmidt called the North Port Police Department on Sept. 10, hoping to file a missing person report, according to a department spokesperson. North Port police told the family they had to file the report in her last known location was, not in North Port, because of department policy and Florida law."

fba-a3rwqauk-wo-jpeg.316818

Gabby Petito investigation timeline

do you know why NPPD didn't say ' file it in wyoming'( or other state that she was last known to be in, from her records) re your post which I was replying to?

This must have been a nightmare for Nicole. So she chose to file it in the state that GP had departed from, rather than LE in one of the states along the trip?

That's really not fair. NPPD followed the laws of FL. Missing persons must be reported missing to LE in the area they went missing. In this case, the person went missing in WY. Under FL law the report had to be filed in WY. FL only takes missing persons reports for people who went missing in FL. imo

Thank you for the explanation!! so the contact came from police initiating or from a request from the house? I appreciate your help.

Here is part of the article which has the 46 pages of reports.
FIRST ON FOX: There were at least 46 police calls or response requests related to the North Port, Florida, home of now-fugitive Brian Laundrie between Sept. 10-27, according to police records obtained by Fox News Digital.

North Port Police Department provided Fox News Digital with 46 pages of records related to police calls with an incident location of the Laundries’ home – the home where Laundrie resides with his parents, and where he lived with his fiancée, Gabby Petito, before her mother ultimately reported her missing. At times, police officers also initiated the calls themselves.

North Port police would not provide logs for calls made before the afternoon of Sept. 10, the day before Petito’s mother reported her missing, and the records were partially redacted. The department also only provided records through Sept. 27, instead of through the requested date of Sept. 29.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Dozens of police calls to Florida home after Gabby Petito was last seen | Fox News
Yes, "calls" can be initiated from anywhere. Phone calls, officer patrols, requests from other agencies, follow-ups to a location, etc. The "Call Summary" is an official record of all these activities tied to a certain location. jmo

If Mr. Bertolino stretches the term "household member" to signal "someone, not necessarily someone living in the household" could he have been referring to himself as the person who initiated the missing person report to the FBI? (Sorry if this has been put forward, I can't keep up!)

Thank you, I was under the impression LE was not at the house in response to a 911 call to report missing person. They went there to see if he was home and the MP report resulted from learning BL was not there and had not been seen since Monday.

If Mr. Bertolino stretches the term "household member" to signal "someone, not necessarily someone living in the household" could he have been referring to himself as the person who initiated the missing person report to the FBI? (Sorry if this has been put forward, I can't keep up!)
No, absolutely not. He seemed rather annoyed that the MPR was filed at all, and the person who initiated it.

do you know why NPPD didn't say ' file it in wyoming'( or other state that she was last known to be in, from her records) re your post which I was replying to?

This must have been a nightmare for Nicole. So she chose to file it in the state that GP had departed from, rather than LE in one of the states along the trip?
Yes, this must have been maddening for NS. FL tells her to file a report to the location Gabby went missing. How was NS supposed to know where Gabby went missing? Isn't that what the police are for? I think Suffolk County found a way to work around the system. Since Gabby was in Suffolk County when NS last physically saw her, they filed the report at that location. imo

Autopsy of Brian Laundrie's remains came back inconclusive, attorney says (nbcnews.com)

“No manner or cause of death was determined, and the remains were sent to an anthropologist for further evaluation,” family attorney Steven Bertolino said.

so WFLANow are doing a livestream on that topic
https://twitter.com/WFLAJB/status/1452655668045955075

LIVE AT 1:00 ET: I'll be joined on our Monday #WFLANow stream by
@WFLAJosh
to discuss the "inconclusive" #BrianLaundrie autopsy results & latest #GabbyPetito developments. We'll discuss your #HeyJB comments on
@WFLA
's site/app, FB & YouTube

hopefully they'll both read-up before they opine on this show

I am very curious about how much of Brian's remains have been found? I wonder if we will ever know more details.
I think we will know eventually, once the autopsy and death certificate are completed. FL is pretty liberal with their release of information. But maybe not. It can be touchy surrounding records related to suicides - if this is indeed determined to be suicide. imo

i still have doubts about how brian met his death but one speculative tangent is he did leave to go to park. he got a few days in before the big rains and the massive search. i figure he was up in a tree somewhere. so his last days, assuming he did not immediately kill himself, however many there were left, were as a contained fugitive. those several days with all the copters flying around. probably people calling your name at times. all in a water logged swamp jungle. i suspect brian thought going to the park would be a good escape. he prolly thought it would not be a large and sustained search. if so, brian thought wrong on both accounts and the conclusion of his life was brian's own hell on earth. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks