Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you know why NPPD didn't say ' file it in wyoming'( or other state that she was last known to be in, from her records) re your post which I was replying to?

This must have been a nightmare for Nicole. So she chose to file it in the state that GP had departed from, rather than LE in one of the states along the trip?

I don’t know for a fact that NPPD/someone else didn’t say that. It’s possible she had to beg Long Island LE to take the report.

i still have doubts about how brian met his death but one speculative tangent is he did leave to go to park. he got a few days in before the big rains and the massive search. i figure he was up in a tree somewhere. so his last days, assuming he did not immediately kill himself, however many there were left, were as a contained fugitive. those several days with all the copters flying around. probably people calling your name at times. all in a water logged swamp jungle. i suspect brian thought going to the park would be a good escape. he prolly thought it would not be a large and sustained search. if so, brian thought wrong on both accounts and the conclusion of his life was brian's own hell on earth. MOO.
Honestly, I don't think Brian *thought* at all. During any of this. He just reacted in the current moment.

Late to the party, but the supposed water bottle doesn't look like something that been floating out in the swamp for a month getting slimy and weathered. All of the markings are still perfectly clear .

It's not up to us to determine, that but for LE/FBI. You'd be shocked how some things don't look weathered but are. We cannot see inside the bottle from a photo.

Agreed. Great question. Most breakups do NOT require retaining an attorney. Unless, BL has a history of needing an attorney for every breakup something is a miss. They knew.
I’ve always thought that he told them a twisted version of the Moab stop. Like the cops filed a restraining order even though Gabby told them she started it and so she told him to go home and not to contact her in any way while she worked it out. He might’ve told them not to answer any of the calls because he didn’t know what Gabby had told them. They may have contacted SB about defending him in a possible DV charge. SB then probably advised them not to speak to anyone and to hand them his card if they came around, thinking he was just dealing with a possible DV charge.

No that wouldn't make sense as you stated it.

What would make more sense IMO is if BL regularly abused GP and perhaps GP documented it as she documented their trips. Or BL was paranoid that she could have documented it. So after the Moab stop, his parents may have wanted him to come home and regroup and speak to a friend of their family's who is an attorney and ask him if BL could be looking at any future legal action. If BL was forthright and named multiple occasions of violence between them, the attorney could have told BL he might have a legal issue. If they would rely on a family friend who is a real estate attorney to handle their son's fraud case and POI in a homicide case, it is not beyond the pale that they would ask that attorney about possible relationship violence and legal ramifications of said violence. IMO.

I just wish someone his attorney, parents, or sister would have advised him to stay home, and not fly back since they were now not getting along and violence was escalating, and perhaps they did but he didn't do not heed their advice, we'll never know unless someone decides to give an interview.
I do think August 12th is a key date and the flight back to Florida was important to things escalating when he returned.

i still have doubts about how brian met his death but one speculative tangent is he did leave to go to park. he got a few days in before the big rains and the massive search. i figure he was up in a tree somewhere. so his last days, assuming he did not immediately kill himself, however many there were left, were as a contained fugitive. those several days with all the copters flying around. probably people calling your name at times. all in a water logged swamp jungle. i suspect brian thought going to the park would be a good escape. he prolly thought it would not be a large and sustained search. if so, brian thought wrong on both accounts and the conclusion of his life was brian's own hell on earth. MOO.
He could also be one of the many people who simply meet with a mishap and die all the time in national parks, swamps, recreation and wilderness areas. Wouldn't that be something? jmo

I have seen posts even here, that claim Brian was a serial killer who just didn't have enough time to kill additional girls. Or that the bodies of his past victims have not been found yet. And that the murder was planned for months. Those voices are magnified across the internet. And extreme, negative voices are the ones most often heard and repeated. He has been described as evil, a monster, etc.

Though I do think Brian killed Gabby, I'm not personally comfortable with such labels. I don't know Brian. I don't know what happened. Gabby loved him. His family loved him. He was remorseful enough that he (most likely) took his own life. Surely there was more to Brian than just being a cold killer.

SBs statement about Gabby was ill advised. And nothing excuses her death. But I do understand the frustration of having a loved one vilified and Gabby portrayed as an angel. Extreme viewpoints are rarely true.
<modsnip>
I understand SB's frustration, but shading the victim, his client's victim, is irresponsible and hurtful.
Gabby's faults pale in comparison to BL's.
For starters, Gabby never killed anyone.
jmho

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they have luggage with them when they left? I thought just a back pack. Maybe they already had planned to get away for a bit? Weren’t there some cartons already packed up? Iirc they went to mail some packages, but it was the day before they went to the reserve.
I had hoped they mailed some of GP things to the Ps.

Could they have possibly mailed their own things to a preplanned get away location??
And then went to the reserve???

just like everything else with this case, the timeline is crazy…., that would be nuts right?

They were seen putting boxes in their truck the night before they left.

Great question! I think they reopened it too soon. They should have kept it closed to continue searching.
When the Laundrie's agreed to search they could have specifically told them: DO NOT TOUCH anything or supplied gloves.
Agreed.
Even LE wasn't wearing gloves when they collected the evidence.
Is there a good explanation for that?

I’ve always thought that he told them a twisted version of the Moab stop. Like the cops filed a restraining order even though Gabby told them she started it and so she told him to go home and not to contact her in any way while she worked it out. He might’ve told them not to answer any of the calls because he didn’t know what Gabby had told them. They may have contacted SB about defending him in a possible DV charge. SB then probably advised them not to speak to anyone and to hand them his card if they came around, thinking he was just dealing with a possible DV charge.
This is the point I keep winding up at. Until we know for sure (if we ever do) what BL told his parents, any number of scenarios is possible. I try not to get married to any of them until we know this very, very important piece of information. jmo

We don't know that BL ever knew he was being searched for.

"He said something like he wasn't sure the description of Brian as an evil serial killer and Gabby as an angel, was entirely accurate"

SB is certainly implying Gabby "was no angel". A distinction without a difference.
Well, I think she was probably much like anyone else, a human being. Being described as an angel would be pretty difficult to live up to. Imo

Agreed.
Even LE wasn't wearing gloves when they collected the evidence.
Is there a good explanation for that?
Unless you think someone murdered BL, what would it matter. If they were articles of Gabby's, they would have BL's DNA on them regardless due to their relationship. Even if the L family DNA or fingerprints showed up on the items, it would reveal nothing since he was living in the L family house.

No one is perfect. I for one am glad this won’t go to trial. A criminal lawyer would absolutely try to trash Gabby, and anyone else they could in order to mount a defense. Every detail would be brought forth about both Gabby and Brian. Autopsy, toxicology, SM, Texts, What they both were involved in, friends, etc. Possibly details that would haunt all the parents involved upon hearing such things.
Sometimes it better not to know, or not to hear it all.
Better to move forward now and try to focus on how to prevent such tragedies from occurring.
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member