Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
While this thread was being edited, I ran across a little info I did not know from 3 weeks back. It's hard to understand exactly what this means:

"FBI agents returned to Laundry’s house on Thursday, spending time in the house and in a camper laundromat, and his parents went on a trip a few days before he went missing."
Gabby Petito Update: The FBI brought home an item that was used to "help canines" in search of Brian Laundry. - Florida News Times

Not sure if the journalist meant to say the FBI searched the camper (which we all saw on TV) OR if the FBI went to Port DeSoto Campground and searched the laundry there. I'm 100% certain that tiny pickup bed camper does not contain any kind of laundry facility. At most it may have a sink or porta potty type toilet. This is a good example of why journalists need to check their work and make sure it says whatever they meant to say because as it is, it's very confusing.

This is their explanation from the article:

“ North Port Police believe Brian Laundrie looks very much like his mother, Roberta. Josh Taylor is the public information officer for the North Port Police Department. “They’re kind of built similarly,” said Taylor.”

They could not tell a 55-yr. old woman from her athletic (lean) 23yr old son. They need some glasses at the NPPD. They do not look alike nor do they walk the same. IMO this is a very weak excuse for losing a POI suspect!
Someone please do a Google image search for RL!
From EVERY photo I have seen, she ALWAYS wears the same type of top.
Similar to a maternity shirt, it's wider on the bottom than the top and not the type one would tuck in. Floral prints etc...
It doesn't matter if you add a ball cap in.
20 ish men do not wear that type of shirt!
Maybe that day she drove the car home she wore a t-shirt. I dunno.
This taps out my areyoukiddingme meter with the entire situation.
I feel like we are being punked!
How pathetic can it get.
I'm blaming no one in particular and everyone at the same time!
MOO

Brian Laundrie Mistaken for Mom, Not Watched Carefully, Police Admit

Here is why the police said they knew where Brian was when it turned out they didn't.

During a recent interview with WINK News in Florida, North Port Police Public Information Officer Josh Taylor said the department watched Laundrie leave his home on September 13 and then believed he returned home in his Ford Mustang on September 15.

However, the North Port Police Department later learned that the person in the vehicle was Brian's mother, Roberta Laundrie.

"I believe it was it was his mom who was wearing a baseball cap," Taylor told the local news station. "They had returned from the park with that Mustang. So who does that? Right? Like, if you think your son's missing since Tuesday, you're going to bring his car back to the home.

So it didn't make sense that anyone would do that if he wasn't there. So the individual getting out with a baseball cap we thought was Brian."

"They're kind of built similarly," Taylor added in regard to Brian and his mother.

A day after officials with the North Port Police Department believed Laundrie returned home, they held a press conference where Chief Todd Garrison said that "All I'm going to say is we know where Brian Laundrie is at," believing that he was still at his home in North Port.

While Bertolino previously told the FBI that Laundrie did not return home from his hike, an official missing persons report was not filed with the North Port Police Department until Friday, September 17.

"When the family reported him on Friday. That was certainly news to us that they had not seen him," Taylor said. "We thought that we'd seen Brian initially come back into that home on that Wednesday...No case is perfect
The more he opens his mouth, the more he reminds me of SB.

Similar to a maternity shirt, it's wider on the bottom than the top and not the type one would tuck in. Floral prints etc...
How pathetic can it get.
MOO
She is also shorter, wider and broader than her son. LOL jmo

What? That's a stretch.
North Port Police believe Brian Laundrie looks very much like his mother, Roberta. Josh Taylor is the public information officer for the North Port Police Department. “They’re kind of built similarly,” said Taylor.
Are they similarly built? Or are we looking at I good decoy to throw a law enforcement off?

Okay... But in my personal opinion she was shorter and stouter the Brian. They don't look anything alike.

Last edited:
I would agree except perhaps the NPPD shouldn't have been so adamant they thought Brian was home? By their own admission they were watching the house for those 2 days

Didn’t Brian Entin report that there were also cameras placed to watch the house?

Do you have a link or pic. for that? I've heard it mentioned but not actually seen it for myself.
That's the item that was mentioned in some of the earlier articles. I believe they said something like a long, black object & it struck me as an odd description- like what, it's a pipe, or some random undetermined object?

Gabby Petito + Brian Laundrie

Like everyone else I do not know what happened. I guess and I speculate on the same facts that are readily available to everyone else. I could jump on the band wagon and just accept BL murdered GP.

In fact my common sense tells me they had a flipping great big argument, a war of words and one thing led to another anger led to uncontrollable rage and led to the death Of Gabby Petito in the first instance. My Personal Opinion

What I don’t understand are the actions of BL post GP it really doesn’t make sense.

Forgetting the hitchhiking escapades on the 29th August and whatever he was trying to achieve one assumes trying to evade wrong doings.

Why an earth would he get in his fiancés van , use funds attributed to her, drive 24 + hours home. He sure as hell wasn’t trying to evade anything. I would go almost as far to say he or the van was attempting to be seen.

I could go off into conspiracy theory land but I will refrain.

The fact remains someone murdered Gabby used Gabbies access to finances, Someone drove Gabby’s van to North Port.

No one not even North Port Police spoke to BL, except Mr Bertolino They thought they knew where he was but guess what he vanished from under their nose.

Only 5 weeks later for rucksack, dry bag and human remains to be found of BL by his Father.

I really don’t buy any of it.

I am saddened that two young people started an adventure together and they both ended up dead for what ever reason.

As for the people that may be outside the Laundries house. FFS Go home. Enough is enough. None of us know what happened.

Here is why the police said they knew where Brian was when it turned out they didn't.

During a recent interview with WINK News in Florida, North Port Police Public Information Officer Josh Taylor said the department watched Laundrie leave his home on September 13 and then believed he returned home in his Ford Mustang on September 15.

However, the North Port Police Department later learned that the person in the vehicle was Brian's mother, Roberta Laundrie.

"I believe it was it was his mom who was wearing a baseball cap," Taylor told the local news station. "They had returned from the park with that Mustang. So who does that? Right? Like, if you think your son's missing since Tuesday, you're going to bring his car back to the home.

So it didn't make sense that anyone would do that if he wasn't there. So the individual getting out with a baseball cap we thought was Brian."

"They're kind of built similarly," Taylor added in regard to Brian and his mother.

A day after officials with the North Port Police Department believed Laundrie returned home, they held a press conference where Chief Todd Garrison said that "All I'm going to say is we know where Brian Laundrie is at," believing that he was still at his home in North Port.

While Bertolino previously told the FBI that Laundrie did not return home from his hike, an official missing persons report was not filed with the North Port Police Department until Friday, September 17.

"When the family reported him on Friday. That was certainly news to us that they had not seen him," Taylor said. "We thought that we'd seen Brian initially come back into that home on that Wednesday...No case is perfect

With all due respect to JT, I disagree. Roberta is NOT built like Brian at all. If that's the case, I think LE thought he was there and it was just the parents the entire time, not Brian. I'm starting to believe BL left earlier than Sept. 13th now.

That's a trip. Never have I seen an image of RL with her long billowing floral tops & mother's figure and thought, "Looks like a young man." Maybe the cargo shorts, but look a little closer, sheesh. That's unfortunate. If they'd tailed him to the park prob would've found him days in.

I do not think that Roberta and BL are built alike.
NPPD made a costly assumption.
JT says they thought it was BL because wtte - Who brings home the car their missing son drove away in?
Well, now we know.
The Ls did that, apparently because there was a warning ticket on the car that it would be towed away if not removed.

This case just gets weirder and weirder!
jmho

What I don't understand is:
2 people would have left in the house (CL and RL) in their van to search for the mustang in Carlton reserve...
They find the mustang. One of them returns home in the van and the other in the mustang....
2 people go, 2 people come. How could they have missed that ?
Even if they mistook RL for BL which is extremely weird to me, the math doesn't add up.

How pathetic can it get.
MOO

Roberta has a mom pear-shaped body, (no judgment) but not a young male body.

I know there's a lot of people who believe GP died on Aug 27, but now that we know cause of death was strangulation, the idea that BL hiked up to Colter Bay with a tarp to "clean up" just doesn't seem to fit logically anymore. What would BL (a guy who admitted to LE that he regularly tracked dirt into the van) have been so intent upon "cleaning up" if there wasn't blood or gunpowder residue involved? And why--if he just freaked out and took off on foot--would he bring the tarp along? And why hang around the area (with the van just yards from GP's body) for two more days? I know folks on here have said that they think the hitchhiking stories were to establish alibis, but if anything, those stories helped narrow down exactly where the van--and GP's remains--were located. He also didn't bother to try to establish any alibis during the trip back or once he arrived in FL, so his reversal from chatty guy who talks about his gf to going completely silent obviously came sometime after being dropped off in Spread Creek on the 29th.

I still think the date that makes more sense is Aug 29 -- that after he gets back from hiking/hitchhiking that GP confronts him about deserting her (possibly without a phone or keys) for the day when she was supposed to be meeting up with a friend. He kills her, he freaks out, shoves everything in the van, and doesn't stop driving until he gets home.

MOO
In my experience, living near a lake with woods where homeless people camp out, they use a tarp to shelter behind. It is raised at an angle and supported by trees or sticks. Not in the usual v shape. It angles from the ground upward towards the sky. Not to lay on. It really does tend to blend in with the surroundings.
I have seen a few squatting in the woods that use this method.
MOO

I'm glad they are able to admit that mistake but... Wow.
I wouldn't say their builds are similar at all. Not to mention the clothing RL has worn in photos we've seen compared to BL.

What a hot mess.

Now, if they thought the Dad was Brian I could see that, hat, sunglasses, face mask, tee, jeans/shorts yes. Not Roberta.

Last edited:
Is anyone buying this? Did they really NOT pay attention?
Baldhead, slim build, a beard vs a mom, with hair and no beard.
I doubt she dressed up as him, and shaved her head.
What's happening here?
I don’t understand the point in saying these things by NPPD-it sounds worse than they just missed it. This case seems to be littered with instances of people who should better know when it’s better off to keep your mouth shut but just don’t seem to be able to. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member