Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that's a little sad to me (sad as in :(, not sad as in disgraceful) is that if the NPPD had been watching the Ls as carefully as they've said they were (JT / cameras), they would have seen when BL left, when ChL went to search for him that day and came back, when ChL and RL went to search for him, and when ChL and RL went to pick up the Mustang (and RL drove it back), they might have found BL sooner. Maybe not, because that area was under water, but maybe they would have focused on those specific areas under water more closely if they saw that's where ChL kept going back to. MOO

When Brian first left his home, I remember that it was just a couple of days after any of us had come to know about the case. It sounds insane that Roberta could be mistaken for Brian, because they look nothing alike. This was when they were just setting up surveillance, Gabby had not been found, and we really didn’t know for sure what had happened. I am wondering if the police were just mildly watching the Laundries, at that point, there was no body, Gabby’s mom had filed the report just days earlier, and I don’t believe Brian was a POI at that time. Well then the mustang comes back, maybe they didn’t have a good view, because I don’t believe the media was set up as much as it was shortly after. Police see someone wearing a hat, mustang is back, well so is Brian. At that point, who would have thought his parents went and picked up the mustang when Brian was off on a hike. Knowing what we know now, different story, but back then the car coming back, someone on a cap, could have just thought Brian was back, because most parents would not just go and pick up a car at random when their kid is on a hike. Now supposedly, Steve had reported Brian missing that Monday night, as having not returned from the hike, which as far as I know has only been confirmed by Steve, so the car showing up, someone walking into the house, back then, could have been believable. Here we are a month and a half later and know so much more, and have seen the Laundries many more times, that would not happen again.

BL has lookalikes everywhere. I see him every night reporting the news here in Australia. I don't think people were having their 5 minutes of fame. Just that BL generally speaking looked like so many people. People report in order to assist.

I got a catalog from a major retailer today- sports clothing- and one of the males in it looks just like BL, IMO. He looked like a lot of people- medium sized, brown hair, brown eyes, facial hair. What was distinctive about his appearance- eye or ear shape, you would need a long close even-lighted view of his face to really see. IMO.

I got a catalog from a major retailer today- sports clothing- and one of the males in it looks just like BL, IMO. He looked like a lot of people- medium sized, brown hair, brown eyes, facial hair. What was distinctive about his appearance- eye or ear shape, you would need a long close even-lighted view of his face to really see. IMO.

Thus all the sightings.

Every Recent Reported Sighting of Brian Laundrie
9/29/2021

Appalachian Trail
Fort De Soto Park, Florida
Alabama
Okaloosa County, Florida
Canada
North Port, Florida
Montana

Last edited:
I believe Brian killed Gabby on the 27th. The key reason for this is that there are several witnesses who saw Brian and Brian only at the van from the 27th to the 29th. If Gabby was alive somebody would have seen her. Also, the 27th was the day of big arguments after lunch at a restaurant. So we know Brian was already worked up on that day.

does anyone know if GP's Merry Piglets meal could have been detected in her GI tract, or would the decomp have made that impossible? if it was detectable, that would narrow TOD. (sorry that this is a crude Q but ...)

I know there's a lot of people who believe GP died on Aug 27, but now that we know cause of death was strangulation, the idea that BL hiked up to Colter Bay with a tarp to "clean up" just doesn't seem to fit logically anymore. What would BL (a guy who admitted to LE that he regularly tracked dirt into the van) have been so intent upon "cleaning up" if there wasn't blood or gunpowder residue involved? And why--if he just freaked out and took off on foot--would he bring the tarp along? And why hang around the area (with the van just yards from GP's body) for two more days? I know folks on here have said that they think the hitchhiking stories were to establish alibis, but if anything, those stories helped narrow down exactly where the van--and GP's remains--were located. He also didn't bother to try to establish any alibis during the trip back or once he arrived in FL, so his reversal from chatty guy who talks about his gf to going completely silent obviously came sometime after being dropped off in Spread Creek on the 29th.

I still think the date that makes more sense is Aug 29 -- that after he gets back from hiking/hitchhiking that GP confronts him about deserting her (possibly without a phone or keys) for the day when she was supposed to be meeting up with a friend. He kills her, he freaks out, shoves everything in the van, and doesn't stop driving until he gets home.

MOO
I think he killed her on the 27th, and left her body out by the creek (not really buried...). He then went "camping" alone, and hitchhiked with a few people, making sure to tell them he'd been alone, and that he had a fiancee. I think he figured that during his absence, Gabby's body would be discovered by others camping/hiking in the area. And he could say, I wasn't here! Oh no! I never should've left her alone for this awful thing to happen to her in my absence! And I have witnesses to prove that I wasn't here! But when he returned to the van to find that Gabby's body HADN'T yet been discovered, he abandoned that plan and fled home in her van instead. He might've even gone over to check on her body, and been traumatized by the state he found her in. Either way, I think this is when he abandoned any attempt at alibi-building, instead fleeing home.

When Brian first left his home, I remember that it was just a couple of days after any of us had come to know about the case. It sounds insane that Roberta could be mistaken for Brian, because they look nothing alike. This was when they were just setting up surveillance, Gabby had not been found, and we really didn’t know for sure what had happened. I am wondering if the police were just mildly watching the Laundries, at that point, there was no body, Gabby’s mom had filed the report just days earlier, and I don’t believe Brian was a POI at that time. Well then the mustang comes back, maybe they didn’t have a good view, because I don’t believe the media was set up as much as it was shortly after. Police see someone wearing a hat, mustang is back, well so is Brian. At that point, who would have thought his parents went and picked up the mustang when Brian was off on a hike. Knowing what we know now, different story, but back then the car coming back, someone on a cap, could have just thought Brian was back, because most parents would not just go and pick up a car at random when their kid is on a hike. Now supposedly, Steve had reported Brian missing that Monday night, as having not returned from the hike, which as far as I know has only been confirmed by Steve, so the car showing up, someone walking into the house, back then, could have been believable. Here we are a month and a half later and know so much more, and have seen the Laundries many more times, that would not happen again.

At the point BL went for his hike, LE had been to the Laundrie house looking for Gabby and been handed the attorney's card. They knew that Gabby was missing and the vehicle which belonged to her ( I hope that the NPPD at least knew it belonged to her) was sitting in their driveway. So the NPPD officer took the lawyers card. At that point, knowing there was a missing young woman, I would think the officer would have called SB and asked if Gabby was inside the Laundrie house and when SB said no, I would think they would have gotten a warrant to arrest BL for car theft. Unless the NPPD didn't know it was her vehicle.

This is the most logical explanation in my opinion. We tend to forget we have the benefit of hindsight regarding a lot of aspects of the case. Thanks for posting!

I think he killed her on the 27th, and left her body out by the creek (not really buried...). He then went "camping" alone, and hitchhiked with a few people, making sure to tell them he'd been alone, and that he had a fiancee. I think he figured that during his absence, Gabby's body would be discovered by others camping/hiking in the area. And he could say, I wasn't here! Oh no! I never should've left her alone for this awful thing to happen to her in my absence! And I have witnesses to prove that I wasn't here! But when he returned to the van to find that Gabby's body HADN'T yet been discovered, he abandoned that plan and fled home in her van instead. He might've even gone over to check on her body, and been traumatized by the state he found her in. Either way, I think this is when he abandoned any attempt at alibi-building, instead fleeing home.

Wow. Sounds like he was setting himself up with an alibi.

If she was in the car then I can see why LE might mistake her for BL, especially wearing a baseball cap. If the windows were rolled up it would have been even more difficult.

The camera was in the driveway of the house opposite the Laundries. NPPD knew that two people had left and only two came back. What did they think happened to the other person who left? Did they think RL was dumped at the park???

1+1=2
1+1 does not equal 3

Simple mathematics would have verified what they observed and logic would have told them something didn't make sense.

SB must have been freaking out as well. He may have wondered if LE had picked BL up but had not contacted SB yet which is illegal if BL had asked for his attorney.
I'd freak out too if my client was in the wind and I saw a statement from LE confidently stating they knew exactly where he was. I'd draw the conclusion he was in custody somewhere and either had not asked for me or was deliberately being kept from me. This explains the filing of an official report on Friday. It was to get everybody on the same dang page. imo

Interesting, I gather his, Brian's, surmised the situation. I don't know anything but was released. It is a sad thing in however is had been

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling