Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Soliloguy!
I concur with the date of the 27th.
The day it came out about the Merry Piglet rage.
I knew that had to be that day.(my opinion)

I want to know why no one in that restaurant could not even dial 911.
He was in a rage and Gabby apologized to them. Definitely setting the rage machine off even more.
I haven't read anywhere that Brian was in a rage fit at the restaurant. Maybe I missed it? The witness said he was acting "aggressive" (not sure what that means), but wasn't screaming at the waitress. If he was in a rage, I feel that we would have heard more witness stories than one person who noticed the encounter, and said that her husband saw it--only because she pointed it out to him. And she has no idea what it was about? I would consider a rage fit to be one that everyone heard and was unwillingly aware of the subject matter. IMO.

The problem with all this is one goes unconscious in less than 30 seconds once being strangled unless just the airway is crushed which can be a bit longer but it still is much shorter than the amount of time the killer was strangling her. Think 3-5 minutes of intense pressure, victim can stroke or be seizing, lose bladder and bowel control, it's horrible - sorry if this is too graphic but it was no accident if it was manual strangulation... MOO

I hate to drag personal experience into this, but I have been choked a couple of times. I did not go unconscious in 30 seconds, either time. One time, I thought I WAS actually going to die, and I still never lost consciousness. It all depends on which structures are being affected, and whether the hyoid bone is broken or not. Outside of those experiences, I'm certainly not an expert, so I can't go any farther than to say that I expect strangulation deaths may happen in a number of ways. Someone who is angry enough to strangle someone else may have no real concept of time and may do more damage than they realized in different time frames.

Well, that would be part of taking the van. Or, it would fit into the part where he DID find her body and would have subsequently taken the cards to pay his way home.

We don't know if she kept her cards in a wallet or a purse, but I would suspect she didn't carry a purse while hiking, so they easily could have been kept in the van.
Pretty sure BL knew where GP kept her cards after traveling together.

Interesting theory but not buying it. Especially the part where a decent human leaves another human (a loved one) after he DID find her body, takes her cards and flees. MOHO

Can you cite one single source that shows that Brian was "in a rage." Everything I read says he was quietly "aggressive" with the staff, but almost no one who was there can say what it is he was saying. He wasn't loud. He didn't knock anything over. He didn't yell. He didn't use profanity. - according to known MSM reports.

Are we using the word "rage" these days to mean "person was unhappy with some aspect of service"? Talked quietly and intensely and repeatedly about whatever it was? Not "rage" to me. I respectfully disagree with your opinion that there was "rage" at Merry Piglets (and yes, I've seen rage - I work in jails and mental hospitals, as well as at a public institution - where we see rage rarely but I have seen it; but mostly I see it in other settings). I've travelled a lot, I work in mental health, I think people use the word differently. Brian sounds like he was very irritated but he didn't overturn tables (which I've seen) or even a glass of water (very angry behavior - but not rage).

At least, not rage in the DSM sense of rage - it might seem like rage to you, but it didn't seem like rage to the staff (or they would have called for help because actual rage is such a strong reaction that restraint or LE is needed).

I waited tables for almost ten years. I have never (EVER) seen an angry/upset customer come back into the restaurant for more arguing four times. I would have been terrified that he was going to come back in with a weapon. It is just not at all normal "disappointed/annoyed customer" behavior. I've seen a lot of upset, and some out-of-control customers, but in situations where there is no alcohol involved, his behavior was plenty crazy for me to feel confident in applying the word "rage". Just because someone doesn't act like people who are hospitalized with mental illness does not mean that what he was displaying wasn't rage. It absolutely was rage.

Pretty sure BL knew where GP kept her cards after traveling together.

Interesting theory but not buying it. Especially the part where a decent human leaves another human (a loved one) after he DID find her body, takes her cards and flees. MOHO

I just want to make clear that I am not AT ALL suggesting a decent human had anything to do with killing GP. It is likely BL killed her. And, even in my scenario a "decent human" doesn't strangle someone to begin with, let alone leave them lying (unconscious or dead) to go for a hike.

All I am suggesting is that the scenario I'm laying out makes some of the weird bits make more sense, if there is any sense to be had in any of these cases, TBH.

I just want to make clear that I am not AT ALL suggesting a decent human had anything to do with killing GP. It is likely BL killed her. And, even in my scenario a "decent human" doesn't strangle someone to begin with, let alone leave them lying (unconscious or dead) to go for a hike.

All I am suggesting is that the scenario I'm laying out makes some of the weird bits make more sense, if there is any sense to be had in any of these cases, TBH.
The thing is, people often act irrationally when they're panicked. It's more plausible to realize Brian was in a state of panic, and that's why his actions don't make much sense.

The thing is, people often act irrationally when they're panicked. It's more plausible to realize Brian was in a state of panic, and that's why his actions don't make much sense.

Absolutely, and that's exactly what hasn't fit for me from the beginning. He seemingly lays out a perfect alibi FIRST and then seems to become panicked DAYS LATER and throws it all away by taking the van back to Florida.

If he didn't realize he had killed her, then his actions after the "fight" make sense in the context of his prior behavior, and his actions once he returns to the campsite make sense in the context of the panicked murderer.

I hate to drag personal experience into this, but I have been choked a couple of times. I did not go unconscious in 30 seconds, either time. One time, I thought I WAS actually going to die, and I still never lost consciousness. It all depends on which structures are being affected, and whether the hyoid bone is broken or not. Outside of those experiences, I'm certainly not an expert, so I can't go any farther than to say that I expect strangulation deaths may happen in a number of ways. Someone who is angry enough to strangle someone else may have no real concept of time and may do more damage than they realized in different time frames.

I am glad you are alive.
ditto, it is absolutely terrifying because the person in my case, claims to NOT have had any awareness or control over their body ie. blackout. Not from booze but rage. :(

Personally I believe she was killed sometime in the early hours of August 28th. And then BL went on his little hike with his tarp to try to figure out what to do and get some alibis. If by clean up you mean he went to take a shower? I don't think he did that. The second woman who picked up him up and took him back to the campground said he smelled, as in he was stinky. So he probably hadn't just taken a shower.

Woman who picked up hitchhiking Brian Laundrie says he start acting oddly when they got close to his van

"Norma Jean Jalovec, 52, told People that although Mr Laundrie “was scruffy when he got in the car and he smelled”, she found “nothing extraordinary about him” until they approached the van he and Gabby Petito had lived in during their cross-country trip."

If that is what you meant by cleaning up.
That's interesting because the couple that picked him up outside Jackson commented that for someone who had been camping he didnt smell bad at all. How many days difference are those 2 sightings?

Absolutely, and that's exactly what hasn't fit for me from the beginning. He seemingly lays out a perfect alibi FIRST and then seems to become panicked DAYS LATER and throws it all away by taking the van back to Florida.

If he didn't realize he had killed her, then his actions after the "fight" make sense in the context of his prior behavior, and his actions once he returns to the campsite make sense in the context of the panicked murderer.
Or perhaps he wasn't laying out a perfect alibi.

Q
I waited tables for almost ten years. I have never (EVER) seen an angry/upset customer come back into the restaurant for more arguing four times. I would have been terrified that he was going to come back in with a weapon. It is just not at all normal "disappointed/annoyed customer" behavior. I've seen a lot of upset, and some out-of-control customers, but in situations where there is no alcohol involved, his behavior was plenty crazy for me to feel confident in applying the word "rage". Just because someone doesn't act like people who are hospitalized with mental illness does not mean that what he was displaying wasn't rage. It absolutely was rage.
I don't think.it was.rage!

Well, that would be part of taking the van. Or, it would fit into the part where he DID find her body and would have subsequently taken the cards to pay his way home.

We don't know if she kept her cards in a wallet or a purse, but I would suspect she didn't carry a purse while hiking, so they easily could have been kept in the van.

Or in his wallet. Which is what I normally do when I go somewhere without my bag.

I agree. If someone will act like that in front of strangers, their behavior in private must be truly terrifying. When a person can no longer keep their anger in check in public, they are approaching extremely dangerous territory. GP's life was in danger when she left the restaurant and no one tried to save her. :(

That's interesting because the couple that picked him up outside Jackson commented that for someone who had been camping he didnt smell bad at all. How many days difference are those 2 sightings?

according to the timeline thread, both hitchhiking incidents took place on august 29th between 5:30pm and 6:30pm...

Sorry you experienced that, really horrible. Yes, if the choke is not compressing the arteries completely, consciousness will remain longer but the victim will eventually pass out if the airway is completely obstructed. Then the oxygen deprivation must be continued, in either manner, for several minutes to cause death.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member