Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
She would have had to remove her head and place it on a completely different body type. There's nothing she could do in less than a month to alter her body to look like BL's. IMO.

BL was recognised as RL just because of the baseball cap because the person monitoring it did not expect to see a woman with a baseball cap on.

Was it at night?

I agree with your assessment here. The "incident" at MP's doesn't seem memorable enough for staff to recall (that we are aware of). A "rage" incident would have more than likely been somewhat memorable to someone. JMO
In an earlier post I linked a quote from a witness at MP. I asked the mod to make sure the source I used is acceptable (ABC affiliate). The witness stated that Brian was "screaming" at restaurant staff. The witness was another diner at the restaurant (not an employee), so the incident was clearly not unnoticed.

Instagrammer details explosive argument between Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie at Wyoming restaurant

I thought it was same day?
You're right--and within the hour. That's interesting that they had such different impressions.

Miranda Baker: "“We were going south out of the park when he said he was camping north. He had told us that he and Gabby were not camping on a regulated camp site… they were camping out in the middle of nowhere out in the Snake River. He said he had hiked for days out in the Snake River… he said all he had was a tarp to sleep on.” She said he “looked clean and didn’t smell bad.”

BL was recognised as RL just because of the baseball cap because the person monitoring it did not expect to see a woman with a baseball cap on.

Was it at night?

I would doubt it was at night but I don't know.
If they saw her in the mustang wearing a ballcap, had they watched for a few more minutes they would have seen her exit the vehicle and saw that it definitely wasn't BL.
The mustang was always parked in the driveway when it was at the home. I have never seen the L's exit or enter the garage. Therefore, when she exited the mustang she would have been in full view of anyone watching the house. Even at night (it wouldn't have been pitch black with other houses and streetlights nearby) it would have been obvious to anyone that the person wasn't BL. IMO.

Could his mother have tried to make herself look like Brian, so LE would think he was back home? Even with just a baseball cap on, it's obvious she's not Brian. Maybe a hoodie pulled up? But not just a baseball cap.

RL has hair that's plenty long enough enough to stick out of all sides of a baseball cap. She has a pear-shaped body. She is not tall and lean. She wears flowy tops, bright colors, and capri pants, not even remotely clothed like BL ever was. She would have to be draped from top to bottom in baggy clothes to look anything like her son.
It would be more likely that they might mistake CL for BL, not RL. Those cops have some explaining to do. Their story does not make sense. I think they also need to explain why they maybe left Gabby's water bottle behind in the park, and opened it up to the public so soon after finding a few pieces of BL there, not actually finishing the job of looking for things that may have belonged to them.

JMO

In an earlier post I linked a quote from a witness at MP. I asked the mod to make sure the source I used is acceptable (ABC affiliate). The witness stated that Brian was "screaming" at restaurant staff. The witness was another diner at the restaurant (not an employee), so the incident was clearly not unnoticed.

Instagrammer details explosive argument between Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie at Wyoming restaurant
Fair enough. I still think if the incident were so heated that more people would have remembered. And maybe they did, we just haven't heard from them for whatever reason.

ETA: also, "screaming" seems subjective to me in this instance.

I had no idea this was such a common thing that happens to women. Someone else here was choked too. Maybe more than one person here. I'm glad you survived it.

I agree, I think BL went into another state of mind in order to be able to do what he did. Some horrible darkness must have been living in his mind and growing larger every day those last 2-3 weeks of Gabby's life.
So common it's scary...
I agree that Brian's emotion (anger, rage) caused him to escalate his actions from coercive control tactics to physical abuse.
Edit: my own opinion MOO

Last edited:
Well, that would be part of taking the van. Or, it would fit into the part where he DID find her body and would have subsequently taken the cards to pay his way home.

We don't know if she kept her cards in a wallet or a purse, but I would suspect she didn't carry a purse while hiking, so they easily could have been kept in the van.
BL may already have had the card in his wallet routinely. He had lots of pockets, that based on her usual attire Gabby did not have. It may simply have been more expedient for BL to routinely carry the card/cash. He already had them. As opposed to taking them after the fact. jmo

Or he was high - fresh after killing - just another take (moo). Like he enjoyed it…

Walking into town “high” from it. Hate to say it but BL did end up walking to and being picked up outside a laundromat/shower in town.

Could have showered off purposely…

I had said yesterday we don’t know of any serious personality disorders with BL. Without discussing that (not allowed)

GP was strangled with bare hands …

Pretty intense.

Gabby Petito Update: Victim Was Strangled With Bare Hands, Coroner Confirms As Experts Raise Laundrie's Potential 'Partner Abuse' Red Flags

A person who gets "high" from killing doesn't strike me as they type of person who'd kill themselves before they were even indicted for the killing. jmo

RL has hair that's plenty long enough enough to stick out of all sides of a baseball cap. She has a pear-shaped body. She is not tall and lean. She wears flowy tops, bright colors, and capri pants, not even remotely clothed like BL ever was. She would have to be draped from top to bottom in baggy clothes to look anything like her son.
It would be more likely that they might mistake CL for BL, not RL. Those cops have some explaining to do. Their story does not make sense. I think they also need to explain why they maybe left Gabby's water bottle behind in the park, and opened it up to the public so soon after finding a few pieces of BL there, not actually finishing the job of looking for things that may have belonged to them.

JMO
Although I have no idea if RL was wearing it that day, she also wears that compression sleeve on her arm. MOO

Thanks for this link!

I do think it’s very possible that the FBI asked the restaurant & any witnesses not to say anything further publicly, & that could be why we have heard no specifics re: what he was saying specifically/what this was about overall.

I personally feel that the absence of specifics at this point is not evidence that this wasn’t a significant event re: his emotional affect.

Hopefully time will tell. JMO

Last edited:
You're right--and within the hour. That's interesting that they had such different impressions.

Miranda Baker: "“We were going south out of the park when he said he was camping north. He had told us that he and Gabby were not camping on a regulated camp site… they were camping out in the middle of nowhere out in the Snake River. He said he had hiked for days out in the Snake River… he said all he had was a tarp to sleep on.” She said he “looked clean and didn’t smell bad.”

the account that norma jean jalovec (the second person who gave BL a ride) gave to people magazine doesn't mention anything about him smelling bad...i don't know where that supposedly came from...

Another Woman Claims She Had Strange Encounter with Hitchhiking Brian Laundrie: Report

I would doubt it was at night but I don't know.
If they saw her in the mustang wearing a ballcap, had they watched for a few more minutes they would have seen her exit the vehicle and saw that it definitely wasn't BL.
The mustang was always parked in the driveway when it was at the home. I have never seen the L's exit or enter the garage. Therefore, when she exited the mustang she would have been in full view of anyone watching the house. Even at night (it wouldn't have been pitch black with other houses and streetlights nearby) it would have been obvious to anyone that the person wasn't BL. IMO.

Also you'll see in all the media clips, there are lights mounted on the outside of the garage that were always on when they were broadcasting so I'm guessing they had dusk to dawn sensors on them and were always on at night.

edited for spelling

Thanks for this link!

I do think it’s very possible that the FBI asked the restaurant & any witnesses not to say anything further publicly, & that could be why we have heard no specifics re: what he was saying specifically/what this was about overall.

I personally feel that the absence of specifics at this point is not evidence that this wasn’t a significant event re: his emotional affect.

Hopefully time will tell. JMO
It could have been very important had this gone to trial as it is possibly the last time GP is seen and also gives evidence of BL state of mind that day.
Edit- FBI could have more recent sightings unknown to the public

Last edited:
Most business owners/managers discourage staff from calling the police. They do NOT want incident reports at their establishment. Too many you can lose your liquor license. At least in WA State they will remove your license if too many calls are made. Not sure if WY is as uptight.
Hi X_files
Thank you for your post it makes perfect sense!

It would be have been very important had this gone to trial as it is the last time GP is seen and also gives evidence of BL state of mind that day.
Yes absolutely, I agree 100%.

It’s really sad to think this was the last (semantic edit *known*) time anyone else saw her alive. Crying.

RIP Gabby.

jmo

Last edited:
I waited tables for almost ten years. I have never (EVER) seen an angry/upset customer come back into the restaurant for more arguing four times. I would have been terrified that he was going to come back in with a weapon. It is just not at all normal "disappointed/annoyed customer" behavior. I've seen a lot of upset, and some out-of-control customers, but in situations where there is no alcohol involved, his behavior was plenty crazy for me to feel confident in applying the word "rage". Just because someone doesn't act like people who are hospitalized with mental illness does not mean that what he was displaying wasn't rage. It absolutely was rage.
Hi Skigirl!
Great post Skigirl I Love that you are an expert in Neuroscience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123