Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #80

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I am new here :). I saw something that the lawyer said in an interview with the New York Post, that made me think he is giving more away than he meant to:

Brian is not a Ted Bundy. He’s not a demon. Not a serial killer. I’m not sure that the narrative that’s been pushed — that Brian was a mean killer and Gabby was an angel — is entirely true.”"
Inside Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito's life with his parents

To me, that indicates that Bertolino (and the Laundries) all know what Brian's explanation for how Gabby died is and think it somehow lessens the gravity of what happened as regarding Brian's guilt. So are they going to do the right thing and share that information with the Pettito family?
BBM
when SB said that I wondered if he was claiming Brian was a loving killer? Honestly.

So many errors in this case.
If we find out that only a tooth or teeth were found at the Reserve will that be enough to believe he is deceased? Because if it's just one tooth or part of a tooth, not attached to a jawbone or skull...I will have so many new questions.
While I've wondered about the same thing, if I recall correctly, they found a partial skull. (I don't remember if they found other bones as well.)

JMO

I don't read the fine print of reward posters so I am not sure. I'd be pretty ticked off if I were some shady dude doing shady stuff and became aware of a suspect hiding somewhere, told the police and the the suspect died in a gun fight and I was told, nope sorry no reward for you. And now my career as a get away driver or 2nd story man was over because I snitched to the cops.

True. But I know in the past when there have been huge rewards in high-profile cases and it's been discussed in the media, it's always been stressed there are strict conditions to actually get the reward money. And it's JMO but I'd think in this day and age, it would be very risky to have "dead or alive" rewards. But I don't know what the conditions were here. Have any of the reward donors spoken up?

Hi guys, I am new here :). I saw something that the lawyer said in an interview with the New York Post, that made me think he is giving more away than he meant to:

Brian is not a Ted Bundy. He’s not a demon. Not a serial killer. I’m not sure that the narrative that’s been pushed — that Brian was a mean killer and Gabby was an angel — is entirely true.”"
Inside Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito's life with his parents

To me, that indicates that Bertolino (and the Laundries) all know what Brian's explanation for how Gabby died is and think it somehow lessens the gravity of what happened as regarding Brian's guilt. So are they going to do the right thing and share that information with the Pettito family?
That's possible, but maybe SB would just trying to dirty up Gabby on the theory that doing so would somehow reduce BL's (posthumous) guilt as well as the Laundries' responsibility for not being more forthcoming. If so, I think that's disgusting.

JMO

We know Brian's Mustang was ticketed by LE and picked up by his parents. Was his body found near the parking location or had he hiked a long distance? In flat areas like Florida, he could have walked a long distance in a few hours (I've hiked 13 miles myself over mountainous terrain). I'm just curious how far he'd gone from his car. It might give an idea of how long he was alive after he left the house. If he was found near the car, well, somebody blew that search.

His remains were found very close to the parking lot where the Mustang was when BL had it on the 13th. It was only after the reserve was re-opened and the water had receded that his remains were found within a hour of searching by his parent's and LE. IMO I don't believe he was alive for very long after arriving.

Tracking Brian? Then why did they just watch him leave in his Mustang and not follow him at a distance to determine what he was up to? They knew he was a POI and yet they allowed him to just drive off to who knows where without a tail! What if BL had Gabby somewhere else, not his parents house and was headed there? This complete failure in surveillance is just crazy.
I don't think BL was a POI at that time.

While I've wondered about the same thing, if I recall correctly, they found a partial skull. (I don't remember if they found other bones as well.)

JMO
I think that they found more bones later, but at the risk of getting blasted for a link, I'll just say that I recall JT telling that to a female who interviewed him briefly (she also asked about a weapon, which he skirted by saying that they found things which he was not at liberty to name). I believe it was an interview before the Entin interview, but it could be, that that was just the order in which I saw the interviews. JMO

He wasn't named as a POI on the 13th - I show this from the timeline:
Sept 13 - Parents now say this is the date BL left to go hiking
Sept 14 - Reporter Brian Entin reports there is no mustang in the driveway
(Tuesday)
Note placed on Mustang at the preserve: The note had requested the car be removed, but the family left the vehicle there until Thursday, hoping he’d return to it, Bertolino told the New York Post.
However, video appears to show the car parked on the Laundrie’s driveway Wednesday, according to a Crimeonline report.
Footage from NewsNationNow reporter Brian Entin appeared to show the Mustang convertible back in the driveway on Wednesday night.
Sept 14: BL family lawyer issues statement
Note: a vehicle left driveway at 6:04pm per reporter Brian Entin tweet
Sept 14 - BL purchases a cell phone at AT&T (noting, SB says the date was 9/4)
Sept 15: NorthPort police names BL as Person of Interest
Sept 15: Gabby's family issues another statement
Sep 15- Northport police chief asks BL lawyer to assist in finding Gabby
Sept 15- Mustang back at Laundries per live video report by Brian Entin
Sep 17 - FBI takes over search in WY (GTNP =Grand Teton National Park)
Sept 17- BL family asks police to come to their home
Sept 17- LE at BL home - he is declared missing by his parents as of Tuesday (9/14)
Parents admit driving the mustang back home after finding it at the preserve

---
If this is incorrect I would like to fix it- Thanks
Thanks, great job.

What I noticed immediately
Sep 17 - FBI takes over search in WY (GTNP =Grand Teton National Park)

I'm confused, was the FBI involved before the 17th for GPs disappearance? Was the NPS searching for GP and FBI working on her MPR filed on the 11th in NY?

I thought FBI was involved earlier than the 17th. SB days he spoke with FBI on 13/14 th, BL was missing.

I've followed from the beginning, and now I'm confused.
Moo..

The hotel where LE put up BL. Right near the piglet.
ETA: Not the piglet, but where the murdered couple were last seen. Not that it matters.
Moonflower? or are you thinking of Woody's Tavern?

Does Brian Laundrie’s family deserve privacy?

They appealed for privacy so that they could mourn the death of their son privately.
But it is by no means clear that they will get their wish.

In the United States and abroad, we know much more and have thought more deeply about the grief and needs of families of murder victims than of the families of people, like Brian Laundrie, who are suspected of committing murder. What do they need? What do we owe them?

However, if Laundrie’s family were to turn to the law for help in vindicating their desire to be let alone, they would find little solace. There is no doubt that in the eyes of the law that Brian Laundrie is a public figure.

In a line of cases involving libel claims brought against newspapers, the United States Supreme Court consistently has said that a person becomes a public figure when they take on roles of special prominence in society or, as in Laundrie’s case, attain “general fame or notoriety in the community.” Considering the near-24-hour coverage of Petito’s and then Laundrie’s disappearance and deaths, there’s little doubt that both of them have attained such status. Additionally, now that they are dead, they have even fewer legal rights to privacy than they did before.

These families are shamed, shunned, and stigmatized. They often suffer not only the psychological trauma associated with the criminality of their loved one — or, in Brian Laundrie’s case, the death of their child and the suspicion of his involvement in Gabby Petito’s death — but they are also unable to find a place in their community. Theirs is a social death.

In the words of the father of one murderer, “Strange thing to be the family of a killer. You carry a lifetime burden of shame for having done nothing wrong except being related to someone who did do something terribly wrong. There is little to no public sympathy for your plight….No one is interested in hearing that there was anything remotely good about a killer, so you soldier on in a private battle devoid of public sympathy. One quickly learns to accept that it goes with the territory.”

This is the territory that Brian Laundrie’s family now occupies. And, even if they succeed in securing their privacy, it is hard to foresee that they will find any peace.

Fascinating re libel law there.

Logical implication then is if, a newspaper wanted to invade privacy of Petito's that would be fine because Gabby is now also a..... ' public figure when they take on roles of special prominence in society or, as in Laundrie’s case, attain “general fame or notoriety in the community.'

seems strange to me

usually rewards are given for information leading to an arrest or capture. Its expected that LE would make the capture/arrest and not the person who provided the information. It was teh laundries who lead LE to the scene where BL was found. I think it would go against the intent of a reward to exclude family members since they would be most likely to know something to report to LE. But I don't really spend much time reading the fine print of reward notices.
The reward was for his capture meaning he had to be alive.

"..There is now a $200,000 reward from various sources for information leading to Brian Laundrie's capture.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77