Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #80

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot understand why the media is still hassling them. This is so wrong.

Probably because they haven’t said a single thing so far about their future DIL <modsnip - opinion stated as fact> They’ve pretty much acted like nothing serious was happening for a long time.

The Petito family didn’t get to grieve in peace. I don’t understand why anyone expects or thinks the Laundries will or should be left alone simply because BL was found. Too many unanswered questions IMO that the public wants answers too.

Last edited by a moderator:
In a tweet put out by the Denver FBI dated 9/16, they were involved in the search for Gabby, so that set the timeline to back to 9/16 for FBI involvement.

My understanding from JTs interview (on last thread)

Gabby's missing person report issued by Suffolk County, NY - FBI - New York was assisting. Then LE in North Port assisted by FBI Tampa ran the MP checks. An earlier interview with JT stated that they (NPPD) were only assisting til Tuesday evening. I take it that FBI (either Tampa or NY or both) were the lead and NPPD were just kicking their heels til the Friday with Brian's MP was filed with them. In the meantime, FBI - Denver were running the Wyoming team with assist from local LE.

Too many cooks.......

Yes! This happens within the U.S. more than people realize, even when a crime does not take place on federal land.

In the U.S. if a body/remains are found on the border of two cities there are multiple LE agencies who could be involved in the case.
Either city could take the case. Then in my part of the midwest, cities are also located within a county. In the midwest, the counties are ran by Sheriffs. Therefore the sheriffs could become involved. If any impropriety concerns arise regarding the handling of the case by LE, the state highway patrol (state troopers) become involved.
That's way too many cooks! IMO
I assume that is why (at least in my state) Major Case Squads, ran exclusively by detectives, exist to handle homicides and missing person cases.
I have a family member retired from the Major Case Squad but have no idea how they handle the logistics of the city, county, state responsibilities of cases.

I imagine the same problem comes up in the cases of serial killers who kill in multiple states. It sounds like a logistical nightmare. IMO.

I don't understand how NPPD could have been the leading agency until September 17, when BL's missing person's report was filed with them.

In a tweet put out by the Denver FBI dated 9/16, they were involved in the search for Gabby, so that set the timeline to back to 9/16 for FBI involvement.
and then they took it over the 17th in WY? that's the way I read it. I wonder if NPPD then contacted FBI Tampa? I would have to go back to the media thread to see -

I really enjoyed her interview with SB and this as well. She is exactly right (as well as the person she had one) regarding privilege. Whatever conversations he had with the three of them are not privileged. And laying spousal privilege on top of attorney/client privilege is not determined law. SB has taken a huge risk. It could be to the detriment of the Laundries (who then can go after him) but potentially good for the Petitos. It may mean they found out more information about what happened to Gabby.

It was good to hear that attorney mark o mara on the privilege issue. He said wtte easy answer is no & that what bertolino was trying to claim –the answer is yes but it is tricky and dangerous because it's unsettled law.

But this next part I didn't understand - what the attorney had to say about the conversations which SB were claiming were privileged between 1-10 Sept = consigliere ( I haven't got a clue as to legal nuances around consigliere role)

It's around 25 mins into the show here

Probably because they haven’t said a single thing so far about their future DIL who was murdered by their own son. They’ve pretty much acted like nothing serious was happening for a long time.

The Petito family didn’t get to grieve in peace. I don’t understand why anyone expects or thinks the Laundries will or should be left alone simply because BL was found. Too many unanswered questions IMO that the public wants answers too.
BUT - they (the L's) don't have to do anything. They are not POI's in any case. They were not in Wyoming. Who is saying they have the answers?
This is distasteful and I think the media are only doing this to raise revenue, not to get answers.

I really enjoyed her interview with SB and this as well. She is exactly right (as well as the person she had one) regarding privilege. Whatever conversations he had with the three of them are not privileged. And laying spousal privilege on top of attorney/client privilege is not determined law. SB has taken a huge risk. It could be to the detriment of the Laundries (who then can go after him) but potentially good for the Petitos. It may mean they found out more information about what happened to Gabby.

What is the risk? Just because it is not privileged doesn't mean he has to disclose. Furthermore, SB also said he had conversations with each of them privately, so those would be privileged.

In any case, SB said (in the Banfield interview) he and the Laundries spent 2.5 hours providing information regarding Brian to the FBI. In my view anything the Laundries knew the FBI knows. I do not believe Brian told his parents or his lawyer anything about the murder.

It was good to hear that attorney mark o mara on the privilege issue. He said wtte easy answer is no & that what bertolino was trying to claim –the answer is yes but it is tricky and dangerous because it's unsettled law.

But this next part I didn't understand - what the attorney had to say about the conversations which SB were claiming were privileged between 1-10 Sept = consigliere ( I haven't got a clue as to legal nuances around consigliere role)

It's around 25 mins into the show here
well now I need to listen to this - googled "consigliere" -
con·si·glie·re
/ˌkônsēˈlyerā,ˈkänsēˌlyerā/

Learn to pronounce

noun
noun: consigliere; plural noun: consiglieri
an adviser, especially to a crime boss.

---
why would he use that term? And why even mention Sept 1-10 unless BL told his parents what happened to Gabby during this time frame ?? it's quite unbelievable if true.
JMO

With regard to the mother being confused for BL,
I'm wondering if it was because they saw the red truck and mustang both return at the same time.

I can see RL driving the mustang back home from the Carlton reserve along with the dad in a convoy. If it was fairly dark at the time, and the camera only got a fleeting look at the person inside the mustang is it was being parked in the driveway, maybe they assumed that the baseball capped person in the car at that time was BL.

Perhaps both the red truck and white camper shell blocked a good view of the people exiting the cars and entering the residence. And thus faulty assumptions were made.

He actually says that FBI- NY was assisting Suffolk County and it was SC who raised the MP report. So, yes, FBI involved as early as the 10/11th.
I'm not sure when the FBI were first called in. It would appear that they were assisting when LE went to the Laundrie home on 9/17, but I don't believe we saw them there before that. My guess, given the statement put out by the Denver FBI office on 9/16, that the FBI became involved at that time.

Probably because they haven’t said a single thing so far about their future DIL who was murdered by their own son. They’ve pretty much acted like nothing serious was happening for a long time.

yes but do you want to upend your own jud system & core principles? eg right to remain silent for son & force parents to make comments on his behalf? Genuine question

Posted to her media thread September 13....

North Port Police Department

The North Port Police Department is actively assisting in this case in conjunction with the Suffolk County Police Department where she was reported missing.
"The Suffolk County Police Department is investigating the disappearance of a Blue Point woman who went missing while traveling.
Gabrielle Petito was reported missing to the Suffolk County Police Department by her family on September 11 at approximately 6:55 p.m. According to family, they were last in contact with her during the last week of August. Prior to the last communication, Petito is believed to have been in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.
Petito and a companion were traveling in a white 2012 Ford Transit van with Florida license plate QFTG03. The van she was traveling in has been recovered.
Petito, 22, is white, approximately 5 feet 5 inches tall and 110 pounds. She has blonde hair and blue eyes, and several tattoos, including one on her finger and one on her forearm that reads “let it be.”
Detectives are asking anyone with information on Petito’s disappearance to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS. All calls can remain anonymous."
We currently have no definitive information that a crime took place here in North Port. With that said, the circumstances are odd. The vehicle she was traveling in was located here in North Port. So, we are actively gathering local details and any evidence to assist in finding needed answers.
In addition The FBI Tampa Field Office is assisting with this investigation. You can also call 1-800 CALL FBI or submit your tip to: tips.fbi.gov.
I'm not sure when the FBI were first called in. It would appear that they were assisting when LE went to the Laundrie home on 9/17, but I don't believe we saw them there before that. My guess, given the statement put out by the Denver FBI office on 9/16, that the FBI became involved at that time.

and then they took it over the 17th in WY? that's the way I read it. I wonder if NPPD then contacted FBI Tampa? I would have to go back to the media thread to see -
I found JT's recent interview quite helpful for the timelines of who was assisting who. It was only watching this that I realised FBY NY were involved (unless of course, JT does not know either!).

I’m sure I read that the FBI were involved in processing the van as early as sept 12 th. I no longer have a link. So moo.

Actually it very much depends. My understanding is that he talked with Bl and Cl individually and then all 3 together? As long as he did not repeat the advice he gave CL and BL to each other and RL, then each conversation and the convo between the 3 of them is privileged. The convo with all 3 - could have just been ' do not talk to anybody'.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member