AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Behaviour Panel asking Don about Candus.

Interviewer
Is there anything about Candus's story that makes you question the story?

Don
No, not the way it played out and
everything like that. I mean yeah you
always have questions and I'd ask myself and, with the way that it happened and her emotions and her state of mind.

Interviewer
What were the questions that you had?

Don
I mean I, I don't really have any, I mean, a question and I don't really have any questions, I mean.....

They had a lot to say on this part of the interview. I won't go into it all as it's extensive, the link is above and starts at the correct time.

It was definitely a hmmm moment for them (their own words).

They did say he deviated from his baseline and it raised a bunch of red flags for them, 4 in a row.

They also said they didn't want to push him because they knew he could just get up and leave at any point.

If Don, her husband, doesn't believe Candus' story, the question is - Why should I?

Obviously, this is just based on The Behaviour Panel's assessment being accurate.
Interviewer
Is there anything about Candus's story that makes you question the story?

Don
No.....

Then, Don does what Don always does. His thoughts speed ahead of his mouth and he thinks he has to explain/expound. We know that he has been very concerned and protective over Candus. Perhaps his rambling is about not wanting to speak for/about Candus? Marital privilege? Would a normal person disclose their SO's most intimate thoughts/feelings for consumption on a radically cruel Internet when they are at the lowest point in their life? I consider myself fairly normal and I would have to answer a resounding NO to that!!! Some things are just too personal/private/hurtful to talk about and is reserved only for one's most intimate, shared-experience partner that not a single other person could possibly understand. There are so many things that others have pried into. I don't want to know the inner mechanisms of their marriage/life. It just feels so invasive/voyeuristic. Let them have at least some privacy.
My thoughts.

“The boys a lot of times would leave this unlocked and wide open a bunch of times, and we’d get on them a lot and tell them ‘you can’t do that’ but we’d always find it open a bunch of times. We tried to control that but we couldn’t control that 100 percent of the time,” says Wells.

BBM

Passive blame.

Father of missing five-year-old Summer Wells shows trail where he believes his daughter went missing

How many kids do you have? I only have one, but my brothers have three each, one with three boys (all grown men with their own sons now) and one with a boy on either side of a girl all still in elementary school.

Here's what I know about a household that always has at least three kids in it:

Two will always gang up on the third, the teams will change, often hourly. If there are four the dynamics get weird and the teams might become permanent.

No matter how loud you shout, when the entire herd is on the move, they can't hear phrases like "shut the door, I'm not cooling the whole neighborhood" and "if you don't quit running in and out of here I'm going to lock you outside!"

Just shutting the door can require shouting, never mind trying to get them to lock a door! And God forbid they have friends over ... and then add in the dogs.

Your mileage my vary, but I also live in the South and in the summer months with multiple kids, it's bedlam. It's bedlam all year 'round, but especially in the summer months when they get up to all kinds of shenanigans.

I keep coming back to Leslie Erhart and what she said in her interview early on. "Supposedly" Summer was outside with her mom,and Grandma. Weird how the story keeps changing when hard questions are asked. Who,what,when,where. Then DW Makes it all about him,and blames everyone else for his actions. Where is Summer. Who? What? when? Where?

I keep coming back to Leslie Erhart and what she said in her interview early on. "Supposedly" Summer was outside with her mom,and Grandma. Weird how the story keeps changing when hard questions are asked. Who,what,when,where. Then DW Makes it all about him,and blames everyone else for his actions. Where is Summer. Who? What? when? Where?
Is there something I missed where the time-line changed? If you could point us to something that states this, it'd be much appreciated. I've never heard anything different than Summer was outside with her mom and grandma (as you stated), walked inside, went down to the basement and disappeared from there. If the story keeps changing, links to these changes would be very helpful (not Facebook chatter, Internet rumors or money-making Youtubers). Thanks in advance for providing that. I am open to any new information there is as long as it's factual and is said by either LE or the Wells. And any eye/ear witnesses (screams). All the hard questions to the Wells have undoubtedly been asked by LE many times and answered to their satisfaction or there'd be arrest(s).

Who: Summer, grandma, brothers. (Don was at work.) A child-snatcher or two
What: The yet-to-be-solved disappearance of a 5 year old
When: Sometime late afternoon to early evening on 06/15/2021
Where: At the Wells' property on the top of a hill in rural Tennessee
Why (I'm adding this one): That's the million dollar question that apparently LE hasn't been able to answer (yet).
Hope that helps!!!

Is there something I missed where the time-line changed? If you could point us to something that states this, it'd be much appreciated. I've never heard anything different than Summer was outside with her mom and grandma (as you stated), walked inside, went down to the basement and disappeared from there. If the story keeps changing, links to these changes would be very helpful (not Facebook chatter, Internet rumors or money-making Youtubers). Thanks in advance for providing that. I am open to any new information there is as long as it's factual and is said by either LE or the Wells. And any eye/ear witnesses (screams). All the hard questions to the Wells have undoubtedly been asked by LE many times and answered to their satisfaction or there'd be arrest(s).

Why (I'm adding this one): That's the million dollar question that apparently LE hasn't been able to answer (yet).
Hope that helps!!!
2 mins turned into a lot longer than two minutes. No proof of abduction per TBI. The scream per sheriff Lawson is questionable. Also if the red truck was reported right off, how is it that CW in her first interview didn't know anything about it,and said nothing about the scream? Sorry I have zero trust for an admitted SO victim blamer,or their spouse who sticks firmly by them. MOO

I agree with you that we have all witnessed some supposed "experts" in this very case being very wrong.

We have also seen internet bullies. Again, some of them have also been "experts" using their influence to bully and attack people.

It's very interesting how so many people really couldn't wait for the Behavior Panel to interview him and report their results. Then those results came out and they are ignored.
I'm not a fan of the BP or statement analysis or body language analysis or any of it.
I watched it because I was expecting they would bully him and undermine him and I watched the techniques they were purportedly using for deceit. I didn't find any of the above.

I thought his hesitation around questions about CW were as a result of him probably having asked himself that question over and over again. He probably nagged her to death is my speculation.. 'are you sure? did you check?, what did you see?
Not because he believes she had something to do with it but because it is human nature to question.
Don discovered facebook and hundreds of women, if not thousands asking to be his friend... Was he tempted to stray? Probably, I speculate.

I don't really have any insight into the relationship between them but these circumstances would turn any couple in a similar situation absolutely rabid, I'd imagine.

I could be dead wrong about this but I'm beginning to get the feeling that he does actually love her.

The trip away possibly brought them into a different reality and they seemed to share in the wonder of new experiences shared.
'seeing things I never saw before'

The reasons I reckon it might work is that he has demonstrated he can hold down a hard physical job for an extended period, not stuff one could do with a severe hangover. His boss supports him. He still has a job. That requires discipline and a skillset.
Now he may step into the role of protector to his wife and family.

There is hope.

Summer???

I'm not a fan of the BP or statement analysis or body language analysis or any of it.
I watched it because I was expecting they would bully him and undermine him and I watched the techniques they were purportedly using for deceit. I didn't find any of the above.

I thought his hesitation around questions about CW were as a result of him probably having asked himself that question over and over again. He probably nagged her to death is my speculation.. 'are you sure? did you check?, what did you see?
Not because he believes she had something to do with it but because it is human nature to question.
Don discovered facebook and hundreds of women, if not thousands asking to be his friend... Was he tempted to stray? Probably, I speculate.

I don't really have any insight into the relationship between them but these circumstances would turn any couple in a similar situation absolutely rabid, I'd imagine.

I could be dead wrong about this but I'm beginning to get the feeling that he does actually love her.

The trip away possibly brought them into a different reality and they seemed to share in the wonder of new experiences shared.
'seeing things I never saw before'

The reasons I reckon it might work is that he has demonstrated he can hold down a hard physical job for an extended period, not stuff one could do with a severe hangover. His boss supports him. He still has a job. That requires discipline and a skillset.
Now he may step into the role of protector to his wife and family.

There is hope.

Summer???
I don't have much confidence is statement analysis in general. It might provide some insights once in a while but it isn't reliable enough to be treated as evidence.

DW can be cleared easily because he was nowhere near the property at the time of Summer's disappearance. It's appalling how much time has been wasted talking about DW. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have much confidence is statement analysis in general. It might provide some insights once in a while but it isn't reliable enough to be treated as evidence.

DW can be cleared easily because he was nowhere near the property at the time of Summer's disappearance. It's appalling how much time has been wasted talking about DW. <modsnip>
I don’t understand why this is appalling. LE has not officially cleared anyone so we are waiting for confirmation. We know his story but none of us actually know where he was at the time of Summer’s disappearance. Heck, LE hasn’t even confirmed the time of the disappearance. I’m also not sure why it’s wasted time if it’s the choice made by DW to be the mouthpiece of this case. It seems logical to me that he is the one who gets discussed since he’s done many interviews. I would love to hear from CB but she isn’t talking. And yes, I do find that strange that the mother who last saw her daughter can’t find it inside herself to plead for her return or to keep her in the media. Sure, she can be battling her own demons but also be invested in finding her daughter. We also discussed the videos that had CB in them at length and I don’t feel that was time that was wasted. We only have what is available to us. So for all these people who never met Summer to spend their time trying in some small way to figure out what happened to her, does not seem like a waste. <modsnip>

Ignoring any part of what is presented seems unwise since there has been basically nothing confirmed and 0 updates from LE. People from all over want the best for this little girl and I think that’s important too. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hope that helps!!!
“Don was at work” ?? This has been confirmed? Link please

How many kids do you have? I only have one, but my brothers have three each, one with three boys (all grown men with their own sons now) and one with a boy on either side of a girl all still in elementary school.

Two will always gang up on the third, the teams will change, often hourly. If there are four the dynamics get weird and the teams might become permanent.

No matter how loud you shout, when the entire herd is on the move, they can't hear phrases like "shut the door, I'm not cooling the whole neighborhood" and "if you don't quit running in and out of here I'm going to lock you outside!"

Just shutting the door can require shouting, never mind trying to get them to lock a door! And God forbid they have friends over ... and then add in the dogs.

Your mileage my vary, but I also live in the South and in the summer months with multiple kids, it's bedlam. It's bedlam all year 'round, but especially in the summer months when they get up to all kinds of shenanigans.
Yes to the dynamics of 3kids. I have 3, adults now. And as adults it’s still 2 against 1. Now it’s just playful teasing, and it’s usually the youngest who gets the blunt of it.

“The boys a lot of times would leave this unlocked"

BBM

He could have left it there. But he doesn't. he goes on to say.

"and wide open a bunch of times, and we’d get on them a lot and tell them ‘you can’t do that’ but we’d always find it open a bunch of times. We tried to control that but we couldn’t control that 100 percent of the time,”

Why does he feel the need to ram this point home. It's like he is trying to convince us when he doesn't have to. It is a need to persuade when it is not needed and we only have his word to go on. That's if it was the boys who left it open as he doesn't actually say they did, but intimates at it. So he has no need to go on and on about it
If i remember correctly Candace said "noone can get in or out".

AMO

AFAIK Dr. Phil has interviewed them both. No clue when it's going to be aired though.

And remember Dr. Phil shows, like any, are edited to a T. Not to mention guests are directed to take on certain roles within the conversation. I stopped watching that show before it became a show. Its just entertainment with a lot of commercial breaks.

The statistics are pretty accurate, but on the negative side they tend to cause folks who don't take the time to dig into the facts to wag their finger at the parents on social media from the anonymity of a keyboard and internet connection. From the 460 thousand missing child cases each year in the US, something like 400 are most likely stranger abductions (allowing for some statistical variation).

Just my opinion, but that is average one child a day abducted by a stranger. Don't see how it's rare, a child a day? That makes me even more sick, I didn't realize it was that high, so chances are everyday a child could be abducted by a stranger. Oh my.

Just my opinion, but that is average one child a day abducted by a stranger. Don't see how it's rare, a child a day? That makes me even more sick, I didn't realize it was that high, so chances are everyday a child could be abducted by a stranger. Oh my.
There are approx. 340 million people in the US, so 400 per year is just over 0.0001% (i.e. one ten-thousandth of one percent). I think that fits the statistical definition of 'rare'. But it would be great if that number was even lower, especially since they are so difficult to solve!

There are approx. 340 million people in the US, so 400 per year is just over 0.0001% (i.e. one ten-thousandth of one percent). I think that fits the statistical definition of 'rare'. But it would be great if that number was even lower, especially since they are so difficult to solve!
It's so sad that the biggest danger to a child is someone close to them.

Exactly, parents and family relatives are way more likely to abduct a child. Here they give an estimation of 875.000 a year.

Mothers, female relatives are most likely to abduct children - The Journalist's Resource

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken