Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #80

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Was it six hours?? I didn't know, or have forgotten, that! And he had the nerve to fuss them out about whatever?? I would have slinked out of there like a bug...
Heaven only knows what he did to poor little Gabby when they got back to camp -- or maybe he pulled off the road en route and strangled her then?
SMH
I don't think it was 6 hours at MP's maybe 6 hours at Moonflower...but we don't know if she was even inside Moonflower. Maybe just parked outside, or on a bench, as someone suggested. jmo

====================================
putnam6 said:
I had thought it was established it was about 1/3rd of the lower left jaw.... searching for link now...
====================================

I hadn’t seen any specifics but I very well could have missed it. Would love to read from the link when you find it. Jmo

So would I -- if it can be found in this mass of threads... :)
From what I've recently read due to this case, one-third of a jaw should be sufficient to prove a match.

Last edited:
Was she crying before Brian got into a fight with the staff or after?

I could actually see them having an argument and the staff asking if everything was okay… making Brian blow up for real. At which point Gabby is very embarrassed and Brian obviously had problems with controlling his emotions so he continued to fight.

And not in response to you but just generally speaking -
I wouldn’t put blame on Gabby. I don’t think she sat there for hours because of the wifi. For all we know maybe they just went in to get some food. Gabby, for all we know, could’ve been completely “normal” and Brian still blew up. I mean… this was a controlling, abusive guy. Many things can trigger someone like that and it’s very possible that it had nothing to do with Gabby at all.

However her apologising to staff and not taking his side, that’s something he would’ve had a problem with later on.

MOO
It doesn't seem that GP & BL were arguing at the table, at least nothing that would draw attention. The witness at the table next to them (1-2 ft away) stated on her video that she and her companion took no notice of them at all until someone came and <witness interpretation> asked them to leave. It was then that BL starting making a scene at the hostess stand, which DID draw the witness's attention. Up until then, nothing was happening according to the witness. jmo

I don't think it was 6 hours at MP's maybe 6 hours at Moonflower...but we don't know if she was even inside Moonflower. Maybe just parked outside, or on a bench, as someone suggested. jmo
To further your point, in the second officer’s body cam footage, where you can hear what she was saying to him a lot more clearly than in the first, she mentioned that part of the reason she didn’t want to leave the van was that her laptop was in it and had unsaved work. From that I think it is at least possible that she was sitting in the van and was able to pick up a nearby signal. Especially given that she also said she was straitening up the van and apologizing to him for being “mean” when the argument started. MOO.

Why should they invest more time and money searching as long as they have enough to identify the remains?
I don't think they should. Brian chose that as his last resting place. I would try to get a permit to scatter his ashes in the same area.

I doubt the Merry Piglets incident was over WiFi. Or at least I don’t think that it was more likely to be about WiFi more than anything else. People take issue with all sorts of small things in restaurants. My best guess is that BL complained about something on the guest check, and the server declined to remove the charge.

Most people wouldn’t feel comfortable overstaying at a table in a restaurant that frantically busy at the height of the lunch rush. Some might, but Gabby struck me as a people pleaser and not someone who would have wanted to anger staff. Remember that her job just prior to moving to FL was at a restaurant called Smoke on the Water in Wilmington, NC. She would have been sympathetic to the staff and not wanted to appear as a difficult customer. MOO.

I agree.

And even if the issue was over wifi, I can't see it being a crisis for GP because, per the link @Mishmish posted a page or so ago, there are dozens of other places in Jackson offering free wifi. Including the library, which probably is happy to have people hang out for longer periods.

At the same time, if BL was at hair-trigger level with his temper, he could have been set off by almost anything.

MOO

You make a good point about FL, especially considering that their business appears to have been something requiring/for local clients (I'm going by the juicer servicing business, which would mean having people go on site for repairs/maintenance, so in that case, very much local relationships and in-person presence).

(Me, I have a list 50+ places around the world long where I would/plan to go live for short periods - most places you can stay at least 90 days without a local employer, and my work is such I can work from anywhere with good wifi. :))

You're speaking my language. :D

I agree.

And even if the issue was over wifi, I can't see it being a crisis for GP because, per the link @Mishmish posted a page or so ago, there are dozens of other places in Jackson offering free wifi. Including the library, which probably is happy to have people hang out for longer periods.

At the same time, if BL was at hair-trigger level with his temper, he could have been set off by almost anything.

MOO
In the real world, anyone can be pushed to lash out. But from what I have read about BL he had a very slow fuse.
For example.
Friends of Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito speak publicly about their relationship: 'They seem to be pretty in love'

Usually people that leave their loved ones dead in the wilderness show a history of violence to the point where everyone knows he did it.

This popped into my head earlier. Was this discussed here? Guessing it was and I missed it. Why did Gabby say she was from California when they were pulled over? I believe she was born on Long Island in Suffolk County, NY, lived in NC along the coast for awhile and then moved to FL with BL. Was she actually born in CA so that's an accurate statement?
Gabby Petito & Brian Laundrie Utah Bodycam Footage Transcript Before Disappearance

Officer Robbins: (18:00)
ITO. You guys both live in Florida, right? That’s where you guys come from?

Gabby Petito: (
18:03)
My license says Florida right now, but I’m from California.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing this. Very enlightening about BL's anger issues. Makes me wonder how often this young couple had these very public blowouts. Embarrassing and frightening for restaurant patrons.

An observation might be that her opinion might be influenced by what happened days later.

Could simply be a fall, an alligator bite, a bullet to the head, or the skull itself falling and hitting a rock. So much we'll never know.
I guess if it was crushed by an ATV, all the shards would have been near each other, so I have to think it was from a gunshot and portions of the head were carried off by animals. Gross. But the whole story is gross. jmo

I agree.

MOO

I know a guy who lives the "van life." He is usually parked outside a restaurant that I frequent. Since he's essentially homeless, he sits at the restaurant bar all day using their wi-fi. He'll order a Coke, but mostly drink out of his own "water" bottle. The owners don't mind him, but there is a manager that can't stand the idea of working two jobs to support his family, while this guy hangs out all day. When the manager is working, he lets van guy finish his Coke and then tells him to get lost. The same thing could have happened at MP. A staff member could have been having a bad day and just wasn't in the mood for a couple of nomads using the place as their own personal living room. It's probably more and more common, as an increasing number of people are living in vans.

An observation might be that her opinion might be influenced by what happened days later.

Everyone's hindsight is 20/20, and I'm sure that the young woman based at least some of her remarks on what she knew eventually happened. That said, speaking in general terms, I think restaurant patrons who witness something like this might feel embarrassed for the couple and frightened for themselves and/or employees of the dining establishment.

While not in a restaurant, DH and I had an encounter at a service desk in Macy's a few years ago. Our transaction was very quick - an exchange for a different size. While we were at the service desk, a couple were ranting as they looked for someone to assist them. They shouted at us and said something like, "She'll help you, but she wouldn't help us!" We had no idea what they were talking about, but there had apparently been an incident earlier involving these people and the sales person. On our way out of the store, I saw a sales representative in an adjacent department and told her that the sales associate in the other department might need some help or that security should be called. It was scary!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members