Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #80

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, anything's possible. For all I know, BL may have been hiding under water w/a reed in his mouth & was run over by a swamp buggy. I hope the Forensic Anthropologist can figure it out. IMOO

I think if it was an animal predator, an expert can probably find tooth marks that are distinctive and the way it fractured might indicate the size of the animal's jaw, IMO.

BL seemed to have more than a passing interest in things on the dark side. It’s interesting to reflect back on the cryptic messages he shared on Pinterest before Gabby’s death was declared a homicide.

A folder titled Things To Burn Off is filled with pictures of tattoos and cynical quotes. One tattoo read: 'Do not attempt resuscitation (DNAR)' in red ink surrounding a picture of a man performing CPR with a red 'X' through it. It also said, 'Doctor, I want to die dignifiedly'.

There was also an image of a woman with a tattoo across her back saying: 'I'm the hero of this story. I don't need to be saved.' The obscure quote leaves a lot to the imagination, including queries about whether he was trying to send a message.

A post titled The Opposite Of Lost, said: 'Don't try to find me. I have finally escaped my 'master's' wicked clutches' under an image of purple and pink clouds.

In a folder he called 'My Heart' he re-posted a photo of a pillow embroidered with the quote 'sorry for what I said while we were trying to park the camper'.

A post includes a line from the movie Fight Club that said: 'It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.'

Artwork designed by Sacha Strange read: 'She'll never find a sweet man like me. Let her go, let her go, God bless her, wherever she may be.'

But how prophetic is this:

View attachment 319206

Gabby Petito's stepfather creates stone cross memorial at exact site where daughter's body was found | Daily Mail Online
I don't want to minimize the potential of some hidden meaning behind his posts. However, if my "interests" and social media/browser history came under scrutiny....OMG. I'd be in major trouble. :eek:

My own mother would say I have far more than a passing interest in things that are dark to most people. Doesn't make me anything but curious. JMO

Could someone please give me a rundown. I have been busy working and sleeping not following. Did the parents know where he was? Do they know how BL died?

Hmmm I missed that. Good info. Strange, can't imagine a parent not trying to go directly to the others regardless. Especially when right there. Could have went with the police imo.
MOO
Not sure what you mean by “right there” as Joe Petito lived 150 +/- miles from the L’s. It is at least a 3+ hour drive on a good day.

I think if it was an animal predator, an expert can probably find tooth marks that are distinctive and the way it fractured might indicate the size of the animal's jaw, IMO.
I hope the anthropologists have a good explanation...I'm sooooo curious to learn the results! Trouble is, if it was an animal, we will never know if he died before the animal got him or not. jmo

I'm also curious about this. Has there ever been an official alternate theory of her death? Did they think Brian knew something but wasn't the killer? Why not charge him or at least say he is a suspect? They never even cautioned people that he may be dangerous after he went missing.
No "official" theory that I know of. Was always odd to me that he was never called a suspect in Gabby's murder and no mention of him ever being dangerous to others

I know a guy who lives the "van life." He is usually parked outside a restaurant that I frequent. Since he's essentially homeless, he sits at the restaurant bar all day using their wi-fi. He'll order a Coke, but mostly drink out of his own "water" bottle. The owners don't mind him, but there is a manager that can't stand the idea of working two jobs to support his family, while this guy hangs out all day. When the manager is working, he lets van guy finish his Coke and then tells him to get lost. The same thing could have happened at MP. A staff member could have been having a bad day and just wasn't in the mood for a couple of nomads using the place as their own personal living room. It's probably more and more common, as an increasing number of people are living in vans.

I think you are confusing the Utah Moonflower co-op visit (which was supposedly six hours of hanging out and using the wifi) with the Jackson Merry Piglets visit which was the focus of the post you replied to -- we don't know the source of BL's anger nor GP's tears, nor whether they were using the wifi, but there is no suggestion they hung out at MP for a long period, and in fact many posters have commented how crowded/busy the place usually is, making it even less likely they stayed any longer than a normal meal's length of time.

MOO

Police say Brian Laundrie likely died two days after Gabby Petito went missing

A spokesman for the North Port police said that there was a “very good possibility” that Brian Laundrie was dead two days after Gabby Petito was reported missing.

Anthropologist examining Brian Laundrie’s remains may have results by end of November

Steven Bertolino, the attorney representing the Laundrie family, said that the results of a forensic anthropologist's examination of Brian Laundrie's remains are expected by the end of November.

Yeah, be very rare for animal predator (aside from poisonous snake or other poisonous creature) to cause death without leaving tooth marks in the bone. That's why they sent the bones to the forensic anthropologist.

Animal predators go for the neck (obviously) and therefore, there should be tooth marks or crush marks on the neck/skull if an alligator or panther had shown up.

OTOH, if there's no evidence on the bones except the hyoid bone/nearby cartilage or bone...it's indeterminate ... the anthropologist can't say one way or another.

I am prepared for that. I don't think it's important how BL died - and I don't think there will ever be another POI or suspect...

Police say Brian Laundrie likely died two days after Gabby Petito went missing

A spokesman for the North Port police said that there was a “very good possibility” that Brian Laundrie was dead two days after Gabby Petito was reported missing.

Anthropologist examining Brian Laundrie’s remains may have results by end of November

Steven Bertolino, the attorney representing the Laundrie family, said that the results of a forensic anthropologist's examination of Brian Laundrie's remains are expected by the end of November.
Well, that's interesting. According to this article BL went missing on the 12th rather than the 13th. Still doesn't explain why his family didn't report him missing to NPPD to begin with.

I know a guy who lives the "van life." He is usually parked outside a restaurant that I frequent. Since he's essentially homeless, he sits at the restaurant bar all day using their wi-fi. He'll order a Coke, but mostly drink out of his own "water" bottle. The owners don't mind him, but there is a manager that can't stand the idea of working two jobs to support his family, while this guy hangs out all day. When the manager is working, he lets van guy finish his Coke and then tells him to get lost. The same thing could have happened at MP. A staff member could have been having a bad day and just wasn't in the mood for a couple of nomads using the place as their own personal living room. It's probably more and more common, as an increasing number of people are living in vans.

I don't think that most people claiming to be "Van Life" are anything like what you're describing - but yes, people who want to claim cultural membership can do so.

Your acquaintance is not quintessential (or diagnostic) Van Life. Google Alex Honnold - he is the guru (perhaps cult leader) of Van Life.

It is still possible that the people at MP were annoyed because these Van Life folks were taking up table space - we've had people get annoyed with us in similar circumstances when we were...not...Van Life, just older Americans.

I hope the anthropologists have a good explanation...I'm sooooo curious to learn the results! Trouble is, if it was an animal, we will never know if he died before the animal got him or not. jmo
I haven't been in an anthropology class for many years but I think they can determine in some cases whether an animal(s) killed a person as opposed to just picking at remains they came across based on the location of the bones and how damaged they are (what's left of them to find). Certain animals leave behind traits in the way they eat and what they'd try to eat to begin with, like whether they'd try to attack and eat a live human. I think we'd be underestimating the abilities of the investigators if we thought they'd never be able to tell if Brian was alive or not when an animal was involved, or whether it did attack his remains versus the living Brian.

Well, that's interesting. According to this article BL went missing on the 12th rather than the 13th. Still doesn't explain why his family didn't report him missing to NPPD to begin with.

N0. Need way more than that to re-establish date - given that all manner of sources have said/determined otherwise (includin Websleuthers).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member