Match! TX - Dallas, BlkFem, 13-18, UP14047 found nude at Trinity River Levy, June 89 - Triquika Shorts

I wasn't saying that someone for sure cares or cared at some point. I was just saying that making such statements might be incredibly hurtful for those who did, if what we see of it now doesn't make it justice.

I'd love to hear from someone who lived in Dallas at late '80s and early '90s and who may know why cases of Black missing girls and young women were so neglected. And they were, cause in my research for anything about Triquika I found few articles about the public, mostly Black communities expressing their fear, distrust, disappointment and frustration with the fact that there is so many missing ones there (at that time) but cases seem to go nowhere. Yet... no names were mentioned, just that there were many of them.
Where they all found at some point? Or are they still missing, just still not added to any database?

I tried to find some names, but not having the slightest idea where to look I didn't found much. I just... I don't know how Triquika's family situation looked like but it seem very unlikely that close ones of all the missing simply didn't care about them yet many were outraged. People, communities who don't care are usually pretty consistent with it and they are not outraged by the fact that those who they don't care about aren't gettin much attention.

Maybe those who should care for her were neglecting her, hurting her, never caring for her, this is possible. But it's also possible that they were somehow victims too.

Maybe Triquika 's family was on drugs, poor and in and out of prison. And because of those reasons law enforcement, just did not give a damn. Either way the girl's life and death is sad. I hope that she has found peace, and someone who cares in her after life.

I still don't know how things were in Dallas at '89 but can't stop thinking about Triquika.
Is it possible that she was unidentified for so many years just because her time of death/disappearance was few hours off and whoever knew both, about her disappearance and murdered girl's body found just dismissed this possibility that this may be the same person, going under assumption that UID was murdered before Triquika was last seen?

I still don't know how things were in Dallas at '89 but can't stop thinking about Triquika.
Is it possible that she was unidentified for so many years just because her time of death/disappearance was few hours off and whoever knew both, about her disappearance and murdered girl's body found just dismissed this possibility that this may be the same person, going under assumption that UID was murdered before Triquika was last seen?
The thread implies a missing persons report wasn't filed until 2015, which would make more sense. I'm trying to find more info but can't find her on the Dallas Co cold case websites.

The thread implies a missing persons report wasn't filed until 2015, which would make more sense. I'm trying to find more info but can't find her on the Dallas Co cold case websites.
It doesn't really make sense for me and I'd appreciate some explanation on why and how it happened that it took them years to connect the disappearance with UID homicide victim.

Of course, that works as a great excuse for investigators from '89. If they had no clue that Triquika is missing then - sure, no wonder that they haven't got any matches then and for sometime after. But additional six to seven years (no idea how long it took to collect some DNA samples and have the testing done) sounds absolutely crazy in XXI century, with computers, databases and no jurisdictional issues to overcome.

I'd want to believe that any system in place works in a way that goes from the least effort required to get possible matches to the more time and effort consuming actions.
What takes less effort than to compare approx. time of disappearance and compare it to the UID from the area found around that time that kinda fit the description? Shouldn't it be the first thing to check? Shouldn't it take less than 7 years?
Definitely something to be said about race here, if this girl was white, there'd be a lot more attention on it.
Well, it's hard to count on getting anybody's attention if there is nothing to spike it. It's not like people care so deeply about some random white missing or murdered girl if they know nothing about her (unless she's really pretty). But as they're exposed to the coverage, getting a chance to learn more about her story - then they are getting interested. With not-white missing people, especially with those older cases, there is often no story to learn, no article to read so people are kinda contidioned, taught to not care much, not give it much attention.

There is also no news about the investigation. Is that for the sake of integrity of the investigation or not much is going on there?
Even IF so, how it could bring any harm to release at least an official statement about the case or an article with plea to public - that if anyone was in the area then, knew Triquika, heard anything or has any possibly relevant information related to this crime, should get in touch with officer X and phone number?

Yes, it's over 30 years and chances are slim, but much higher with that than with nothing. Is this even investigated?
She was found nude, at the crime scene, with murder weapon there, and at the time where hardly any criminal had DNA evidence in mind.
It doesn't make any sense for me. Literally any. Even if they somehow have literally nothing, and some unfortunate circumstances are responsible for so many years of her being UID, any plea to public, release some (hovewer vague) statement about the investigation would only work in LE's favour and make it look like they care and are worth trusting.

Yet, there is nothing. Still nothing. So what? Racism by default or covering up for local serial killer cop?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back