CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Heidi Planck, 39, Reported Missing From Downey After Failing To Pick Up Son From School

The family of Heidi Planck said they last saw her 11 days ago on Oct. 17 in the 7800 block of Gardendale Street, according to LAPD.

Planck’s ex-husband said Planck left their son’s football game at halftime, adding that she seemed distracted. In a bizarre turn, three hours later, in Downtown LA, her dog was found on the 28th floor of an apartment building. Planck, her silver Range Rover, her purse, her personal phone and computer, were all gone.

Planck’s friends said the apartment building management has refused to allow them to look in the parking garage to see if possibly her SUV is parked there and won’t share building security tape with police unless they get a warrant.

Planck is white, 5-feet-3 inches tall and weighs about 120 pounds, with blond hair and blue eyes.

She was last seen wearing jeans and a gray sweater driving a 2017 gray Range Rover with a black-and-yellow California license plate of U840X0.

Culver-City-Mother-2.png

CA - Heidi Planck,39,left son’s game,dog found, Los Angeles,17 Oct 2021*MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE*No discussion

Last edited:
11 days ago. That seems like a lifetime to be missing with no leads.

Per the article, "Police Thursday were searching for a missing 39-year-old woman who was last seen in the Downey area." This is good news at least, but it's surprising that the family still hasn't been told whether her vehicle is in the parking garage where she lives.

Also per the article, referring to her son, “For him not to have heard from his mother for this long, something is seriously wrong,” Wayne said. It's nice to see that her son's dad is concerned about her, too.

But the dog being found without her is always worrisome.

Heidi Planck, 39, Reported Missing From Downey After Failing To Pick Up Son From School

How strange!

I wonder how long the police have to wait to get a warrant for the security tape. It has already been 12 days, and some security cameras record over the previous footage every two weeks. If they don't get a warrant within the next two days it might be too late. The apartment management won't let her friends look in the parking garage to see if her SUV is there, but what about the police -- I wonder if they also need a warrant to check a parking garage. It seems like something that should have been done immediately.

11 days ago. That seems like a lifetime to be missing with no leads.

Per the article, "Police Thursday were searching for a missing 39-year-old woman who was last seen in the Downey area." This is good news at least, but it's surprising that the family still hasn't been told whether her vehicle is in the parking garage where she lives.

Also per the article, referring to her son, “For him not to have heard from his mother for this long, something is seriously wrong,” Wayne said. It's nice to see that her son's dad is concerned about her, too.

But the dog being found without her is always worrisome.

Where do you see that it's her apartment building that they're trying to check for her SUV?

At least on the civil side, there’s a probably a duty to preserve by now. Not produce, but to preserve. I hope someone - friend, family, lawyer - put the complex on written notice of their duty to preserve. JMO - not a CA attorney.

This is kind of a strange story. It seems that if the media would quote the friend's information and tell them what apartment complex this is, SOMEONE who lives there would take an hour and a half to go through the parking garage looking for her car. A photo of the car, along with the license plate, is easy information to locate. Why don't they say what apartment complex so the residents can help out?

This is kind of a strange story. It seems that if the media would quote the friend's information and tell them what apartment complex this is, SOMEONE who lives there would take an hour and a half to go through the parking garage looking for her car. A photo of the car, along with the license plate, is easy information to locate. Why don't they say what apartment complex so the residents can help out?

The CBSLA video shows the apartment building from across the street. If anyone who lives there saw the news report they would recognize it. I'm sure if any of us lived there and saw it on the news we would be going through that garage instantly.

Well, that's 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

It's the Hope and Flower Condo Complex, 1201 W 12th St, where Heidi's dog was found on the 28th floor of the 40 story complex.

Anyone who lives there, or knows someone who lives there, should go walk around the parking garage.

Why is the complex stonewalling ? I’ve never heard of it this behavior - what if it was a child?
Well, it's an enormous complex. My guess is, they regularly get requests to see their security video. The question I have, is why is it so hard for LAPD to get a search warrant for this? Are we missing something?

Well, it's an enormous complex. My guess is, they regularly get requests to see their security video. The question I have, is why is it so hard for LAPD to get a search warrant for this? Are we missing something?
it may already have been taped over after all this time. Why won't they let anyone look in there? What if she's dead inside the SUV?

Bizarre.

I immediately get Prisma Reyes vibes.

Why was her dog roaming around on the 28th floor? And why is the building manager being so very shady?

ETA: Just googled it. Looks like a very fancy complex. Hmm.

I can understand the building not showing the security tapes without a warrant out of privacy for the residents. But to not allow her friends to walk around the parking garage? Come on. The least they can do is offer to have one of their personnel walk around the parking garage, if they won't allow her friends to do so themselves.

Well, that's 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

It's the Hope and Flower Condo Complex, 1201 W 12th St, where Heidi's dog was found on the 28th floor of the 40 story complex.

Anyone who lives there, or knows someone who lives there, should go walk around the parking garage.
We appreciate you taking one for the team, LauraAnne! I agree the management should let people look for her car.

Great work, @LauraAnne! I just read some reviews of the complex. Residents have a choice of assigned or valet parking. Most of the staff get rave reviews except the security guy. I have a feeling that if anyone was walking around the garage, or driving through all levels of the garage, he would put a stop to it....especially if anyone was snooping around the valet area. There must be a guest parking area in the garage, but IMO it doesn't seem likely that security would allow a car to be parked there for nearly 2 weeks. I suppose that it goes without saying that the police would have checked to see if the car was towed.

Great work, @LauraAnne! I just read some reviews of the complex. Residents have a choice of assigned or valet parking. Most of the staff get rave reviews except the security guy. I have a feeling that if anyone was walking around the garage, or driving through all levels of the garage, he would put a stop to it....especially if anyone was snooping around the valet area. There must be a guest parking area in the garage, but IMO it doesn't seem likely that security would allow a car to be parked there for nearly 2 weeks. I suppose that it goes without saying that the police would have checked to see if the car was towed.
BBM -
I would hope so - it seems that this place was visited by her - because her dog was there. I'm looking for MSM to see if LE has attempted to search the parking garage since the family/friends seem to have been denied?
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member