Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be willing to bet that vehicles that belonged to Brian were insured through his parents' insurance policy. Whether or not they were insuring the van seems to me like it might be a good indicator of whether they regarded the van as "his" or not.

I've snooped BL's background and as far as I can tell, he owned no vehicles. Ever. And had never signed a rental contract of any kind, either.

if the van wasn't towed until the 14th, where was it? it wasn't in the driveway or in front of the house in any local or national video from the laundrie home that has been posted here...there has been video posted here from 9/13 on...specifically, video from 9/13 has been posted here to show that the mustang was not at the residence at that point in time...the van was not there either...moo

It was in the Laundrie driveway. They towed it late in the night of the 13th or early am the 14th

Neighbor: Van linked to missing 22-year-old removed from fiancé’s Florida home
Gabby Petito case: Van linked to missing 22-year-old removed from fiancé’s Florida home (wesh.com)

My real question is "Why was a Halloween greeting posted on August 24th?" Maybe "Happy Fall, Y'all" that early....but the reference to Halloween is so odd to me!

It's a thing for young women to be really into "spooky season" and start posting about it very early. The timing of the post doesn't strike me as weird as a 20-something-year-old woman.

Judging from what we can see of the hands and hair, I think that was Gabby in the photo. Very peculiar photo, though. I've never seen that happen with a digital camera, and you would think that someone who's as careful about their online posts as she seemed to have been wouldn't have let that one slip in.
It looks like the blurring photo copy effect you usually see on either side of a photo when a portrait style photo is shown on a normal screen. If you look at the bottom of that pic, the little strip is a high definition version of the bottom of the blurry pic. So its some sort of photo effect placed over the original pic.

Last edited:
if the van wasn't towed until the 14th, where was it? it wasn't in the driveway or in front of the house in any local or national video from the laundrie home that has been posted here...there has been video posted here from 9/13 on...specifically, video from 9/13 has been posted here to show that the mustang was not at the residence at that point in time...the van was not there either...moo
Because it was towed around 11pm on the 11th. On the 14th, a search warrant was issued for the hard drive which was in the van, already having been impounded. This is according to what the neighbor K. Graves told WFLA..... That it was late at night on that weekend. The( 11th was Saturday, the 14th was Tuesday.) As always, JUST MY OPINION.

It was located at the Laundrie home the night of Sept 11. It was towed from there on Sept 14

Sept. 14
Laundrie issues a statement through a lawyer saying a search for Petito is underway in Wyoming. The statement says the Laundrie family is “remaining in the background” of the investigation.

Petito’s family also issue a statement accusing Laundrie of refusing to tell them where he last saw his girlfriend.

The van is towed away from Laundrie’s home by police.

Brian Laundrie timeline: The search for Gabby Petitio's boyfriend (nypost.com)
Boyfriend returned home 10 days before Gabby Petito was reported missing, police say

this is the actual tweet from NPPD stating the van was recovered on the 11th...i knew i wasn't crazy! well, at least not about this...

https://twitter.com/NorthPortPolice/status/1438164409503735810
Everything was even more murky than it is now. Gabby was officially declared missing around 7ish the night of the 11th. SB claims that he was retained around 11:30 pm, the 11th....the fact that the van had been impounded must have been when Laundries knew for sure that Brian was not the owner of the van. There were no pics of it being towed because it was late and the press hadn't quite jumped on the story yet, so were not there to witness it, and protesters hadn't inserted themselves on the L's property yet. By the morning of the 12th everybody and their brother knew that Gabby was missing. The L's had retained SB as their "family" lawyer, to include Brian. (poor Cassie was on her own). JMO

Good Morning WS Buds!
Has the anthropologist weighed in on the cause of death relating to the bone bits found in the game preserve?
If its 2 holes to the back of the skull, I'll explode.

You just made me Laff Out Loud!! Whew! Couldn't help it! Damm!
Still smiling...

I do wonder if his death was a mishap or on purpose. I'm not thinking murder by a 2nd person. Maybe he had a sudden, and probably brief IMO, surge of guilt and paranoia as well, and took care of things WRT justice, sooner than later.
I do wonder what each of his parents think happened. I'm guessing they knew him fairly well...
I absolutely do not think he told them anything about what he did to her. I just don't see him doing it -- something like -- "When I got back, she was gone! I looked everywhere. I think she started hanging out with a couple we met, so I figured she was okay."

That would be logical to travel as you described, but nothing about this whole thing is rooted in logic. It's a short distance and there are a number of ways (including Gabby's own van) she might have traveled from SLC to Ogden before 8/24.

My real question is "Why was a Halloween greeting posted on August 24th?" Maybe "Happy Fall, Y'all" that early....but the reference to Halloween is so odd to me!

August 24th does seem a tad early though I recall seeing Halloween posts appearing in my feed from multiple accounts in early September.
I felt that was early at the time but because I'd seen many similar posts, all about Halloween decor, drinks, clothes, make up looks - 'Halloween inspired' everything I didn't find Gabby's post that odd.
I think this is how it is on social media, pushing everything earlier and earlier.

Much like with TV and radio advertising, you find promotion of holidays broadcast earlier each year. Even before Halloween we had Christmas ads in our faces and once New Years is over, you'll no doubt find the 'Easter bunny' appearing. IMO

I've snooped BL's background and as far as I can tell, he owned no vehicles. Ever. And had never signed a rental contract of any kind, either.
When you say no rental contract of any kind, do you mean for a vehicle or a home or anything? Like, a rental contract for a storage unit or locker? That's why I believe that the storage locker that he was supposedly emptying was not a commercial rental, but was probably the storage locker in the condo that he and Gabby lived in, however briefly, which was owned by his parents and sold in July...meaning that G&B's stuff needed to be removed from it because of new ownership. The money "saved" was money that would have had to be spent in the future if they had to rent a locker...but L's said he could move their stuff to their house to solve that problem. So, where is Gabby's stuff NOW? jmo

If I were the Laundries I would sue my lawyer for incompetent representation. It was a conflict of interest to represent the parents <modsnip>
The lawyer went on a media tour and, IMO, completely trashed their reputation, and indicated their son was guilty of the murder. E.g. that they could not “recall” when he was last seen, or what emotional state he was in - he gave multiple conflicting statements to reporters on his “media tour”.

That man was in w-ay-ay-ay over his head, IMO. The bright lights awed him so that he grew into the Great Solicitor. He couldn't keep his mouth shut, IMO. I do wonder how the Laundries' relationship with him is going now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I'm hopeful - teeth were present, good repository for DNA, often centuries later. Also, there are some super fancy techniques that university anthropologists have in the best labs that can allow some reconstruction of DNA from other body parts.
I am most curious to see if all the pieces they found end up having the same DNA or if some parts come back inconclusive.

Who is the person wearing the hat and holding the phone in the last photo of the series? I believe it's the 7th photo.
It's Gabby.
If you look close you can see the vine tattoo on her finger. It also looks like that picture was inside Jenny Lake Lodge.
Gabby and BL were in GTNP area on 8-25 already so it is possible that she added that picture in with the rest.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member