Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also wonder what the Daybell "children" think about Chad's excommunication, assuming it has already happened. In Church v Chad, whose side would they be on?

The excommunication discussion made me remember that I did a search last year on one of Chad’s children and found a forum where she was defending him and another woman author, (Rowe I think) against people accusing them of heresy or whatever the equivalent is in LDS. This had to do with his books and a debate over NDE I think.
So I think excommunication was on his
mind for some time. Maybe it played a role in the formation of their fringe cult. Maybe his offspring had more involvement than we realized. OMO.
I apologize for the vagueness, but I didn’t realize any significance at the time. Maybe someone recognizes what I read?

So... still no next court date for Chad or Lori? @montegrl ? TIA!

and
citrouille0.gif
everyone!

Hi @Niner, No Dates listed yet! Will try to keep an eye on it!

The excommunication discussion made me remember that I did a search last year on one of Chad’s children and found a forum where she was defending him and another woman author, (Rowe I think) against people accusing them of heresy or whatever the equivalent is in LDS. This had to do with his books and a debate over NDE I think.
mind for some time. Maybe it played a role in the formation of their fringe cult. Maybe his offspring had more involvement than we realized. OMO.
I apologize for the vagueness, but I didn’t realize any significance at the time. Maybe someone recognizes what I read?

If I understand correctly, NDEs and the LDS faith have a long and friendly association. That aspect of the Chadster’s message (whether written or oral) wouldn’t necessarily ruffle Church feathers, would it?

If I understand correctly, NDEs and the LDS faith have a long and friendly association. That aspect of the Chadster’s message (whether written or oral) wouldn’t necessarily ruffle Church feathers, would it?

Yes, LDS and NDEs do have a connection....... but with social evolution, the Church's analysis of such has changed to "clarify" for followers...

I had researched this a while back... not posted because we do have a general warning not to delve into the Church.

HOwever, I believe with these excommunication letters in msm, some of Chad's very teaching are as much a POI as he is! imo, that is.

Melanie Gibbs testimony refers to particular saints/apostles in the Mormon Bible, that claimed NDE.

"Nigh unto Death": NDE Research and the Book of Mormon on JSTOR

Embraced by the Church? Betty Eadie, Near-Death Experiences, and Mormonism on JSTOR

One Dangerous Problem with Near-Death Experiences and What Role They Should Play in Faith

I likely misremembered what the issue was, it had to do with whatever his books were about, something fringe and controversial to the prepper faction of LDS (I’m sorry I know this hasn’t been a very helpful post!)

1. Is Keith Morrison with Dateline having to work overtime to keep up with all of these bombshells? Please don't retire yet Keith.

2. Do Daybell children still believe their Dad was framed for the murders of JJ and Tylee after all of the sordid details have been revealed since their televised interview?

SBM. Chad publicly distanced himself from his friend JR who was excommunicated. Lori spent a lot of time at the temple. In her texts she claimed that she received revelations there. Excommunication would revoke their temple access. IMO they were trying to avoid it.

Message from Chad posted on the AVOW forum in early 2020 (BBM):

“Thanks for the update. The issue is that people are linking me to Julie’s (Rowe) beliefs, which I studied but rejected. Lori and I have been absolutely silent for three months. I am constrained by my lawyers from saying more until the legal mess is complete, but be assured I will be back. Hopefully, the subscribers will be there when I can fully return to GRI and tell my experiences. I appreciate your support. Chad.”

A look at the religious circle surrounding Chad and Lori Daybell - East Idaho News

Snipped for focus
SBM. Chad publicly distanced himself from his friend JR who was excommunicated. Lori spent a lot of time at the temple. In her texts she claimed that she received revelations there. Excommunication would revoke their temple access. IMO they were trying to avoid it.

Good recall! Yes, it did seem both Chad and Lori were eager to retain full status in the Church.

As far as the potential jury, anyone here that is LDS surprised Chad was excommunicated? I'm not sure it would be any great shock. JMO

No. I am surprised that it took as long as it did. CD has been pretty vocal about his beliefs.

I do feel badly for his children, especially in Rexburg, which is more LDS and conservative than Salt Lake City, more like Provo.

Also to consider....... LOri did call the Church lawyers.... Would she have done that if she had been excommincated......

Probably not. But, they did not help her instead they reported her phone call. If they were "her church" they most likely would have kept everything confidential, Imo.. just looking for context clues :rolleyes:

If there was actual incest happening between LV and Alex, will that come as a huge shock to Chad, or not? I should think it very well might, if he is wrenched back into the real world. Would it even make him realize that his Goddess has feet of clay? And then he might do everything he can to pin it all on her.

If he suspected it, it might strengthen his resolve to get rid of old Alex.

Hey all, Took a break form posting. I'm sure someone has posted this by now, But IMO if LVD has reached out to LDS for assistance and she is there at the Mental Health Facility to receive treatment to help restore her competency. Then doesn't the fact that she reached out to LDS show proof that she understands/ is aware of what her circumstances are and that by doing so she is trying to assist with her defense. Sound pretty competent to me. IMO , it sounds like she is thinking that by having a state court appointed Attorney she is thinking she might not have the best representation. If that doesn't scream that she is trying to assist with her defense,( rather it was suggested to her by someone else or not) I don't know what does. Mission accomplished Let the proceedings begin!

What could the LDS Church even do for her? This is a criminal case, what is she asking for exactly?

IMO, she was asking the LDS to help by providing $$ for her legal defense, which is kind of laughable. IMO LDS is probably looking at her as an embarrassment rather than a representative of their beliefs and practice's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288