Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, this is the US. You have to legally change your license.
Well Brian and Gabby dont.own a home. They were staying with his.mom.and dad! she really did t have.to.change her license at all!
Imo
She still.would.be able.to.call.NY her residence!
I think she got the fla.license because hers had expired and she had.to !
Just a thought

The white shorts while "roughing it" always puzzled me. Gabby frequently mentioned dirty feet and keeping the van clean. How did she manage to always look so clean and neat, wearing white shorts in a rugged environment? I didn't get the impression that they were always near comfort facilities when they were camping.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Thank you! Lonnnnng time lurker (like pre-Haleigh Cummings era), short-time member, and getting accustomed to quote/reply format.

I thought they we're extending their journey!
Didn't get very far. That was stated by Brian's Lawyer in trying to explain the necessity of Brian flying back to FLA. (to obtain some items from storage). jmo

if i remember correctly, SB put out a statement early on that ended with something to the affect of, ....the laundries wish to remain in the background now. as though they saw brians problem as something outside of the household even though brian had been there since the 1st of the month. but since that statement mom and dad tried hard to be in the background. even if that part of the land was underwater it looked to be mostly clean ground. an 8 foot flat bottom fish boat would have worked in that area. seems like dad would have known that. i'd like to know if that spot dad found the bag was marked on any map(s) dad may have given to LE to aid in the search earlier on. MOO.

if i remember correctly, SB put out a statement early on that ended with something to the affect of, ....the laundries wish to remain in the background now. as though they saw brians problem as something outside of the household even though brian had been there since the 1st of the month. but since that statement mom and dad tried hard to be in the background. even if that part of the land was underwater it looked to be mostly clean ground. an 8 foot flat bottom fish boat would have worked in that area. seems like dad would have known that. i'd like to know if that spot dad found the bag was marked on any map(s) dad may have given to LE to aid in the search earlier on. MOO.
SB said that L's were fully cooperating with the search for B. We do not know if any maps were drawn by CL or RL for use in the search. jmo

Did I miss something? The Northport police are saying that BL was likely already dead by suicide when they were looking for him. Has there been a final autopsy report? I feel like I missed a whole day or something.

That's what the Northport police chief was saying again today, but no autopsy report yet. It's probably true, but they have been pushing that scenario ever since the police mistook BL's mom for BL during surveillance.

This story was 6 days ago.
Brian Laundrie Was Likely Dead When Cops Confused His Mother for Him During Surveillance: Police
Today's story
Brian Laundrie 'Probably' Died by Suicide Before Search for Him Began, Fla. Sheriff Says

I suppose MIP on the redacted report could mean Minor in Possession of Alcohol. But I find it incredible a missing person report would contain information about a charge that could have happened nearly 6 years earlier and had to have happened no more recently than about 3 years earlier. I'm just not seeing the relevance.

While the name of the charge makes absolutely no sense (18-20-year olds aren't generally minors in the US) if BL had been convicted of that, why hasn't it shown up on his criminal record? We all know reporters must have run that and MIP is not a juvenile crime that could be under seal. And if he was charged but not convicted, then it really shouldn't be popping up on routine LE paperwork. Finally, when BL was 18-19, he lived in NY, not FL. Makes it even odder to see a NY charge on an incident report from FL LE (but not specified as NY if it actually was.)

Also though, if the NPPD thought both BL and GP had moved to NY, why were they able to take a report on BL? As I've said in other posts I don't really believe they had moved but if it's the position of tbe Police Dept that they had... Were they acting because BL had been seen in FL?
JMO

BL lived in the North Port house in Florida in 2017 as per the real estate listing seen in this article. The house was purchased in 2015. So, he may have been there when he was 17 and certainly 18/19. If there had been a MIP charge it makes sense it would potentially be on the missing persons report under offences. I do not know that this is the case, but it could be.

All in my opinion.

"Inside Brian Laundrie's bedroom as Gabby Petito's homicide confirmed" Brian Laundrie’s bedroom: Inside the home of America’s most wanted man

BL lived in the North Port house in Florida in 2017 as per the real estate listing seen in this article. The house was purchased in 2015. So, he may have been there when he was 17 and certainly 18/19. If there had been a MIP charge it makes sense it would potentially be on the missing persons report under offences. I do not know that this is the case, but it could be.

All in my opinion.

"Inside Brian Laundrie's bedroom as Gabby Petito's homicide confirmed" Brian Laundrie’s bedroom: Inside the home of America’s most wanted man

According to this article BL worked at a garden center in NY in 2017 & 2018. He would have turned 20 in Nov 2017. He would have been in NY, not FL.

Brian Laundrie’s former co-worker remembers him as ‘chameleon’ and ‘weirdo’ who sometimes lost temper

According to this article, BL graduated from high school in NY in 2016. In June 2016 he would have been 18. So I don't think he was in FL in 2015 when he was 17.

Gabby Petito & Brian Laundrie yearbook pics revealed after meeting at school

I'm pretty sure the article you linked claiming to show a picture of Brian's teenage bedroom has been debunked. In 2017 when the house was put on the market he would have been in NY. I believe those may be pictures taken when a tenant lived there.

Regardless, it makes no sense to list a charge on a missing person report that is

1. Irrelevant to going missing

2. No more recent than about 3 years old

3. Possibly a dropped charge since no reporter ever found evidence of it. We certainly would have heard about it if a reporter had found any previous criminal charges.

I actually think MIP means something else on that form.
JMO

interesting, as apparently the L's were actively not cooperating with the search for G
I wonder if that was because they had no idea where BL left Gabby and he left before they had the chance to question him once they knew she was missing. OR maybe BL lied to them about where Gabby was -such as "She left with another guy." or something like that. If you have no information, it is hard to provide information.

All in my opinion.

In case he did get a MIP in Florida:
"Florida MIP Laws
A first-offense MIP charge in Florida is considered a second-degree misdemeanor. It comes with a fine of $500, up to 60 days in jail and a driver's license suspension of six months to one year."
Underage Drinking: Minor in Possession Charges | The Recovery Village

This should assist - from this article: Brian Laundrie 'Probably' Died by Suicide Before Search for Him Began, Fla. Sheriff Says

'he was right out there where we thought he was.'

All in my opinion.

I am not sure whether this is correct. Brian would still have been in high school in New York then, yes? I didn't think he moved to Florida until 2019?

Thank you. Disappointing.

I was looking around for it and came across these photos I hadn’t seen before. I don’t know how LE said nothing of GPs was at the house.
Gabby Petito: North Port Police, FBI search home of Brian Laundrie

I noticed the pics of Gabby’s van … with the right back door open. It doesn’t seem to have the ladder on it. I thought there was a ladder on the right side of the back door that the Bethune’s captured in their video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni