Found Deceased MI - Brendan Santo 18, visitor, Michigan State University campus, East Lansing, 29 Oct 2021

Unless new information surfaces that he was not bothering to attend classes, or he had a recent awful breakup, or some other indication that he'd wander off into the abyss on purpose, this case seems a little hopeless. There doesn't seem to be any indication that he was anything but a happy successful college freshman enjoying time with friends.
There was a case similar to this a couple years ago at my ex's brother's school with one of his residents - Sean Baek. I am just hoping for a better outcome for Brendan.

Unless new information surfaces that he was not bothering to attend classes, or he had a recent awful breakup, or some other indication that he'd wander off into the abyss on purpose, this case seems a little hopeless. There doesn't seem to be any indication that he was anything but a happy successful college freshman enjoying time with friends.
He wasn’t in college. He is still in high school.

Sadly, I feel that there will not be a good outcome to this situation. Missing since last Friday with no indication that he left MSU campus. Rochester Hills and Rochester Community Schools lost another teen just recently. Stoney Creek High School senior hit by car dies (clickondetroit.com)

A recent break-up or not doing well in school has been on my mind, as well. He did go to a female-only dorm, apparently -- maybe he got bad news from his girlfriend, or he gave her bad news? I remember breaking up with my HS boyfriend after I met and started dating a guy at the university I was attending. Break-ups like that, especially in the freshman year, are very common.

And the nights are getting cold up there -- if he somehow hurt himself (fallen and went unconscious, or was heavy under the influence of alcohol -- no evidence of that -- or fallen into the river, then we're looking at very bad news. SMH.
Positive thoughts for him, his family, and those who are looking for him.

Last edited:
Tip line created to help find missing 18-year-old – WILX
<snipped>
The Michigan State University Police Department has set up a toll-free tip line and email address for the missing person case involving a teen who was visiting MSU over the weekend.

If you have information on the whereabouts of Brendan Santo, call 844-99-MSUPD (67873) or email tips@police.msu.edu.

It certainly looks like MSU is doing everything that a college could do to help find this young man -- impressive. SMH.
Assuming hospitals have been checked... He could have been found injured and was taken to a hospital but somehow he had no ID -- robbed and hurt, perhaps. That's standard procedure, and probably one of the first things done, I assume. Just worrying -- the mom gene rears its head, as many of us are experiencing on this, I'm sure...

Thanks for the thread, @minneolo. What a cute guy! Was he at a party or dorm with friends and wandered off & got lost? Are there any rough neighborhoods near MSU? I would assume that the neighborhoods have the typical eateries, shops, and areas of housing for MSU professionals, etc., other families, and student apts, etc., like most college campuses.
Anyone out there familiar with MSU area?
This is close to home and I have friends who are friends of his Aunt.
I am hoping she or a family member can join here and become verified.

We had our big Rivalry football game this weekend at MSU football stadium --it is our biggest game of the season so the campus was swarming with students, friends, family, etc along with others enjoying the festivities of the big game for Saturday.

I am keeping eyes and ears open thru family and friends for updates/

Praying he is found safe and soon !!!

A recent break-up or not doing well in school has been on my mind, as well. He did go to a female-only dorm, apparently -- maybe he got bad news from his girlfriend, or he gave her bad news? I remember breaking up with my HS boyfriend after I met and started dating a guy at the university I was attending. Break-ups like that, especially in the freshman year, are very common.

And the nights are getting cold up there -- if he somehow hurt himself (fallen and went unconscious, or was heavy under the influence of alcohol -- no evidence of that -- or fallen into the river, then we're looking at very bad news. SMH.
Positive thoughts for him, his family, and those who are looking for him.
I saw in an article that the friend he was with was going elsewhere or something like that, and he didn't want to stay. Unsure what that could mean in this case but thought it was worth mentioning again.

This is close to home and I have friends who are friends of his Aunt.
I am hoping she or a family member can join here and become verified.

We had our big Rivalry football game this weekend at MSU football stadium --it is our biggest game of the season so the campus was swarming with students, friends, family, etc along with others enjoying the festivities of the big game for Saturday.

I am keeping eyes and ears open thru family and friends for updates/

Praying he is found safe and soon !!!
His aunt is clearly very worried. Seems this is out of character for Brendan. Would be great if we could get a verified insider on here to give us more information about him. He's been missing too long :(.

So far today, I am not aware of any local (metro Detroit) updates on the case. Missing since Friday and still not located. Not looking good, but let's hope and pray that BS is alive and safe.
The good news is that the case has seemed to get a lot of traction on TikTok... we are talking hundreds of thousands of people know Brendan is missing and are keeping an eye out. The TikTok that I saw from a woman with the initials HT talking about the case has now gotten over 375k views and 75k likes/shares.

Last edited:
I'm also in RH and have been following this case closely. My son just graduated from MSU last December and I know the campus quite well. It would be difficult to accidentally end up in the river.
Thanks for sharing.
From the video I've seen it appears to be heavy and thick vegetation along the river banks. I was wondering if there were any areas where students could sit / hang out by the river or paths that run along the river where people hike, etc?

Thank you @minneolo for starting this thread.
This is close to home and I've been seeing friends and others posts all over FB and popped in here to try to start a thread but you are already on it !!!

My pleasure. I don’t personally know the Santo family, but we have a number of common connections which led me to start the thread. Really hoping for Brendan’s safe return.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grammy 4
Back