Found Deceased SC - Adam Clark Harvey, 23, last seen near Mt Carmel Rd, Abbeville, 11 Sep 2021 *Reward*

“Watson said deputies have had two calls from people reporting hearing cries for help from the woods in the area, but when officers arrived they couldn’t hear it anymore.”

<snipped and BBM>

This is so heartbreaking. Two different people reported that? It's details like that that always make me wish I was a trained searcher - in my daydreams I would head to that location ASAP one more time and go over it with a fine tooth comb, including looking up in the trees (in case Adam climbed up and couldn't get down), and checking any and all water sources.

I used google maps to "drive" down Mt Carmel Rd, and there are just so many places to search. I wonder if a rescue like TXEQ (Texas EquuSearch) could help in this case? It might be worth contacting them anyway.

I saw one local had mentioned Texas EquuSearch, but not sure if they have been contacted. I read in the Abbeville SC Community FB page that the locals have scoured the area where Adam went missing.

I just have a feeling that it’s so easy to go missing in a rural area and not be found for months. Too many stories on Websleuths of someone being found in an area that has been searched several times

I see the newest missing poster has additional information about Adam.
Adam is autistic and has not taken his necessary medication.

I hope he is found safe and soon.

Attachments

• F12D759A-426F-42B6-979E-D9792D148EC1.jpeg
    F12D759A-426F-42B6-979E-D9792D148EC1.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 12
The news reports state that he was at his grandmothers home in Abbeville, SC. He became upset about something and she asked him to go out to her fenced yard to “cool off”, and that’s when he disappeared. There was a reported sighting of Adam walking on one of the nearby rural roads, but I’m not sure of the name of the neighbor who reported this info.
Adam’s mother and grandmother have stated this is a close knit community where the neighbors all know one another.
I think there are links to the media reports in the thread above.
My worries are that the area is very rural.

Thanksgiving has passed and Adam Harvey was not home to celebrate with his family.
On September 11, 2021 Adam was at his grandmothers home and had an autistic “meltdown”. He went outside into her fenced yard to calm down and disappeared.
The grandmothers home is down the street from his home with his mother. It’s a close knit neighborhood where most people know one another.
Searches with dogs and drones were done soon after he disappeared. Friends and neighbors searched this rural area with ATVs.
I hope Adam is found and comes home safe and soon. There is a $1000 reward for information leading to his whereabouts.

Attachments

• 9D4D45D6-5B6D-49C2-95F4-3CFB926FE1E1.jpeg
    9D4D45D6-5B6D-49C2-95F4-3CFB926FE1E1.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 4
I had to google the article, but I remember a few years ago that a local navy veteran was successful in locating the remains of a missing elderly man with dementia who walked away from his home. I recall the previous searches by professionals with dogs had come up fruitless. I wonder if he could help find Adam.

Navy veteran found SC man's body when bloodhounds, rescuers couldn't

I read on Rachael Harvey’s FB and the Abbeville SC Community FB that there will be a search for Adam Harvey this Saturday December 4, 2021.
Rachael, Adam’s Mom, is asking for volunteers. Hoping they find some clue to Adam’s location.

I just caught up on this. Two of my young adult children have autism - one is higher functioning. I can’t imagine the pain and fear of both Adam and his mom.

It seems lately I’ve been reading about several young people with autism missing. I’m just so sad for them and their families.

Found deceased.

According to the Sheriff’s Office, deputies from Abbeville County and McCormick County responded to Old Charleston Road in McCormick County after human remains were found.

Deputies say squirrel hunters found the remains on a piece of property off the roadway, which is 2.9 miles from where Harvey was last seen. It is also 1.7 miles from his home.

Officials performed an autopsy on February 14. They found no blunt force trauma to his remains, but the cause of death remains unknown.

Deputies locate remains of Adam Harvey

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back