Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn’t disagree more. Good parents do not shield their children from the natural consequences of their choices/behaviors. Doing so is how we end up with serial predators who have never been held accountable for anything they’ve done because their parents are always cleaning up their messes. I would bet dollars to donuts that this is not BL’s first mess, just his biggest one. Same is true in the Murdaugh case, or both father and son.

This is a 23 year old man we're talking about here, not some child in his formative years. And we are not talking a night or two in jail here, either, to teach this young man a lesson.

Besides which, I wasn't saying it was good or bad, just that most parents would do it. I've seen it constantly. Most parents think their kids can do no wrong.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Part of the problem is that LE is often reluctant to get involved in an adult MP case immediately. Being a missing adult is not a crime, the other problem was jurisdiction, Gabby had been living in Florida but did not disappear from there. She was no longer a resident NY and while her Mom thought that she had last been in Grand Teton, her family couldn't say for sure where she was went she went missing.

This is why I'm so interested in Van Life, itinerant lifestyles, peripatetic groups and individuals, homeless persons and so on (as these situations relate to our legal system).

We have an unprecedented number of people with no real home address, and that makes establishing them as missing persons so much harder. In the end, parents are usually able to get LE to pay attention to their college-age "children" who go missing - but otherwise, it's really hard to find someone. A friend of mine is missing, except not reported in the system. She has been, off and on, a kind of vagabond...

Hi, I have reviewed this MIP acronym and I honestly think in my own opinion, that this means one of 2 things. One, it could mean “Missing Identified Person” or the other would be “Medical Information Provided”. Why? I studied the report, which is not actually the official missing report. It is an Incident Report. A missing person report is very very extensive. I think this incident report was the initial responding officer’s to the call from Laundrie family that they wanted to report him missing. MIP was entered under offense but was not really an offense as I don’t think or know that there was anyone on premises that was a “minor in possession”. Maybe someone else has a link to his actual missing person report? Not just the incident report from a responding officer.
I have not seen the actual MPR but @imstilla.grandma has the ‘call summary simple’ in the basement. It is not the actual MPR. it does have a little more info, but does not include the ‘MIP offense’
Don’t know if I’ve handled the basement reference appropriately, it’s my first time. But there’s no currently sensitive info there, afaik.
No link, so moo?

Hi, I have reviewed this MIP acronym and I honestly think in my own opinion, that this means one of 2 things. One, it could mean “Missing Identified Person” or the other would be “Medical Information Provided”. Why? I studied the report, which is not actually the official missing report. It is an Incident Report. A missing person report is very very extensive. I think this incident report was the initial responding officer’s to the call from Laundrie family that they wanted to report him missing. MIP was entered under offense but was not really an offense as I don’t think or know that there was anyone on premises that was a “minor in possession”. Maybe someone else has a link to his actual missing person report? Not just the incident report from a responding officer.
If you are correct, ‘medical info provided’ could be a dna sample. Moo

Last edited:
I couldn’t disagree more. Good parents do not shield their children from the natural consequences of their choices/behaviors. Doing so is how we end up with serial predators who have never been held accountable for anything they’ve done because their parents are always cleaning up their messes. I would bet dollars to donuts that this is not BL’s first mess, just his biggest one. Same is true in the Murdaugh case, or both father and son.
I couldn’t agree with you more!

bbm

I don't think the Ls called LE to file a the missing person's report because SB said that it was filed when the FBI and NPPD LE were already at the house on Sept 17th.

SB: [~ 24:00] At 6:15, the FBI came to the Laundrie residence on the 17th. They came inside. We had discussions. I was here in New York and on Facetime with them. We agreed that the best course of action, and the formal procedural course of action, would be to file a missing person’s report so that Brian could be located officially, so that they could put the resources into locating him. Somewhere along the line, perhaps someone from the Laundrie family household, and it wasn’t Chris and Roberta, must have got the paperwork, called it in, got some kind of case number. Whatever they did, I don’t know. But, that’s how it played out.

I have not seen the actual MPR but @imstilla.grandma has the ‘call summary simple’ in the basement. It is not the actual MPR. it does have a little more info, but does not include the ‘MIP offense’
Don’t know if I’ve handled the basement reference appropriately, it’s my first time. But there’s no currently sensitive info there, afaik.
No link, so moo?

Thank you. @imstilla.grandma? Do you happen to have the “call summary simple” handy? As I don’t seem to know where the basement is here…

I just discovered that MIP in Florida can also stand for the following:

Misdemeanor Intervention Program

I find this quite interesting. I am trying to find an approved link and am having trouble uploading a PDF. There are pages of information about it by law firms in Florida. It's a program offered to first time offenders. This is what I can link right now.

"I need details regarding the Misdemeanor Intervention Program in Tampa, FL. - Legal Answers - Avvo" https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/i-need-details-regarding-the-misdemeanor-intervent-1418749.html

Attachments

• HCSO-MIP-Application.pdf
    134.9 KB · Views: 4
To me, this isn't a legal issue. It's a moral one. The judicial system under our constitution is designed to protect people from deprivation of liberty without due process. It's intended to protect the innocent and prevent the government from unlawful takings, of your property, freedom, life. But because imperfect humans are limited by their imperfection to creating an imperfect system that protects the guilty along with the innocent. But that is NOT the intention. And this isn't even about whether he's guilty.

It's about morality and human decency. I'm not willing to limit moral obligations to legal obligations. Of course one is free to be immoral. That is your right. But there are always limits on rights. They can be voluntary or imposed by law. The Laundries refused to voluntarily accept any limit at all on those rights. I find that immoral under these circumstances.

I have felt this way from the beginning and time and information have only intensified that opinion. In large part because I think the lawyer's handling of this matter was reckless and that someone better equipped may have been in a better position to possibly save Brian's life. In this situation, in patient mental health care could have been pretty easily obtained. The Laundries & attorney obviously knew this was a serious matter and seem to have known Brian was in great distress.

So lots of rights got exercised by family members based on the lawyers advice and now Brian is dead. Rights will not save you from the mental consequences of your actions, only the legal ones.
bbm

Morality is such a sticky wicket. What one person considers to be moral is purely their opinion of what right behavior is. Nobody has to live according to anyone else's standards of morality, particularly not the L parents, or their attorney, for that matter. So, rather than say that "one is free to be immoral," it would be more correct to say that people are free to live according to their own standards of morality/right & wrong as long as they don't break the laws of the land.

bbm

I don't think the Ls called LE to file a the missing person's report because SB said that it was filed when the FBI and NPPD LE were already at the house on Sept 17th.

SB: [~ 24:00] At 6:15, the FBI came to the Laundrie residence on the 17th. They came inside. We had discussions. I was here in New York and on Facetime with them. We agreed that the best course of action, and the formal procedural course of action, would be to file a missing person’s report so that Brian could be located officially, so that they could put the resources into locating him. Somewhere along the line, perhaps someone from the Laundrie family household, and it wasn’t Chris and Roberta, must have got the paperwork, called it in, got some kind of case number. Whatever they did, I don’t know. But, that’s how it played out.
In the police incident report it states that LE filed a missing person report on Brian, not SB or the Laundries.
Brian Laundrie manhunt: Dozens of police calls to Florida home after Gabby Petito was last seen

Last edited:
This is a 23 year old man we're talking about here, not some child in his formative years. And we are not talking a night or two in jail here, either, to teach this young man a lesson.

Besides which, I wasn't saying it was good or bad, just that most parents would do it. I've seen it constantly. Most parents think their kids can do no wrong.

<modsnip>
I think a parent would.want to get their son all the help they can!

In Florida, MIP stands for "mentally ill person".
MIP Mentally Ill Person
https://www.codb.us/DocumentCenter/View/16539/nova-wood-incident?bidId=

In Florida, MIP stands for "mentally ill person".
MIP Mentally Ill Person
https://www.codb.us/DocumentCenter/View/16539/nova-wood-incident?bidId=
Thank you, but I think and could be wrong, a missing person who is mentally ill would be filed as MEP - Missing Endangered Person. JMO

Google search. “
The person is believed to be in danger because of age, health, mental or physical disability, environment, weather conditions, or in the company of a potentially dangerous person of some other factor that may expose the person to possible harm or injury.”

I think that in the report you're referencing, MIP in this instance stands for MIssing Person. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow