Crimes Solved from DNA Testing from Genealogy testing

kat-999

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they have the have tested the DNA from JonBenet case with the new Technologyt that caught the Gold State Killer? I’ve been watching Dr. OZ and the woman who invented this testing. They test the DNA from relatives that have submitted there DNA for genealogy and it’s amazing.

Does anyone know if they have the have tested the DNA from JonBenet case with the new Technologyt that caught the Gold State Killer? I’ve been watching Dr. OZ and the woman who invented this testing. They test the DNA from relatives that have submitted there DNA for genealogy and it’s amazing.

kat-999,
The dna sample that BPD have is an admixture of different foreign dna.

Any Ramsey part is easily attributed, whereas the foreign parts apparently do not meet particular testing standards.

Bottom line is that the dna sample is degraded somewhat, so doing a relational cross-reference search similar to the Gold State Killer might not be feasible?

Whoever has the money is welcome to do an electronic copy of the sample dna and use this to search relational databases for a match, it might even be free?

Dear Kat 99, and UKGuy, There was additional DnA testing ‘recently’ performed and referred to in the 2017 Daily Camera article below. The documentary ‘DnA in doubt’ from 2016 speculated the testing should look at male DNA so as to confirm that indeed the DNA samples were mixtures of DNA profiles rather than one unique person. The article says that multiple items were tested and that the police were pleased with the results. My personal communications with Charlie Brennan (author of both above doco and article) indicated that there has been no new news and unlikely to be. Not sure if anyone can check to see if the CODIS profile has been recently deemed invalid and withdrawn. Presumably this would happen if results were affirmative. Interested if anyone has more current information. Boulder DA: New round of Ramsey DNA tests completed, more could follow – Boulder Daily Camera

Dear Kat 99, and UKGuy, There was additional DnA testing ‘recently’ performed and referred to in the 2017 Daily Camera article below. The documentary ‘DnA in doubt’ from 2016 speculated the testing should look at male DNA so as to confirm that indeed the DNA samples were mixtures of DNA profiles rather than one unique person. The article says that multiple items were tested and that the police were pleased with the results. My personal communications with Charlie Brennan (author of both above doco and article) indicated that there has been no new news and unlikely to be. Not sure if anyone can check to see if the CODIS profile has been recently deemed invalid and withdrawn. Presumably this would happen if results were affirmative. Interested if anyone has more current information. Boulder DA: New round of Ramsey DNA tests completed, more could follow – Boulder Daily Camera

Interested novice,
Thanks for your post. Wonder why Charlie Brennan thinks there will be no new news, does this mean he knows further testing has been vetoed?

Its quite likely further dna testing of JonBenet's clothing might implicate the Ramseys. Not all the previous test results were made public, so there is definitely more to come, even if it is negative.

The dna testing might not result in a smoking gun verdict, as ramsey dna is to be expected to be found on JonBenet, precisely where is the unaswered question?

Will there be no further testing because they think the case is unsolvable or because they do not want to reveal potential dna links to the Ramsey's?

Interested novice,
Thanks for your post. Wonder why Charlie Brennan thinks there will be no new news, does this mean he knows further testing has been vetoed?

Its quite likely further dna testing of JonBenet's clothing might implicate the Ramseys. Not all the previous test results were made public, so there is definitely more to come, even if it is negative.

The dna testing might not result in a smoking gun verdict, as ramsey dna is to be expected to be found on JonBenet, precisely where is the unaswered question?

Will there be no further testing because they think the case is unsolvable or because they do not want to reveal potential dna links to the Ramsey's?

I will touch base with him again and report back. I agree that it is unlikely to be a smoking gun but I wondered if it might once and for all confirm that it’s a mixture and render the DNA CODIS profile null and void. Reading between the lines if the police were happy with the results it has helped progress the case in some way. Interestingly I have heard Jonbenet’s half brother on TV this year complain that he is unaware of any contemporary testing being done. Joining the dots it is clear that the results are not being communicated with the Ramsey’s quite possibly for the reasons you suggest namely familial DnA links.

I will touch base with him again and report back. I agree that it is unlikely to be a smoking gun but I wondered if it might once and for all confirm that it’s a mixture and render the DNA CODIS profile null and void. Reading between the lines if the police were happy with the results it has helped progress the case in some way. Interestingly I have heard Jonbenet’s half brother on TV this year complain that he is unaware of any contemporary testing being done. Joining the dots it is clear that the results are not being communicated with the Ramsey’s quite possibly for the reasons you suggest namely familial DnA links.

Interested novice,
I agree that it is unlikely to be a smoking gun but I wondered if it might once and for all confirm that it’s a mixture and render the DNA CODIS profile null and void.
The dna sample is not a complete profile, its only in CODIS under a false prospectus, alike Alex Hunter failing to file the True Bills.

Interestingly I have heard Jonbenet’s half brother on TV this year complain that he is unaware of any contemporary testing being done.
What would he know, does he have a hotline to the cold case review?

Anyway is he not now part of the Beyond The Grave catch the intruder campaign started by Lou Smit and followed up be his family, friends and JAR on the back of public Donations in an attempt to match the CODIS dna?

here is case where a Serial Killer in the UK was caught exactly by the dna matching method you originally asked about.

TRIGGER WARNING - Not For The Faint Hearted !

KILLER'S MORGUE HORROR
'Bedsit killer' had sex with EIGHTY dead bodies it can be revealed as he admits two murders in 1987 | Daily Mail Online

Warped killer abused more than 100 bodies in a mortuary in a calculated pattern over 30 years... | Daily Mail Online

David Fuller: Kent Police sets up helpline in anticipation of calls | Daily Mail Online

Takeaway from the above case is that some people kill as they desire sex with a dead body.

Interested novice,

The dna sample is not a complete profile, its only in CODIS under a false prospectus, alike Alex Hunter failing to file the True Bills.

What would he know, does he have a hotline to the cold case review?

Anyway is he not now part of the Beyond The Grave catch the intruder campaign started by Lou Smit and followed up be his family, friends and JAR on the back of public Donations in an attempt to match the CODIS dna?

here is case where a Serial Killer in the UK was caught exactly by the dna matching method you originally asked about.

TRIGGER WARNING - Not For The Faint Hearted !

KILLER'S MORGUE HORROR
'Bedsit killer' had sex with EIGHTY dead bodies it can be revealed as he admits two murders in 1987 | Daily Mail Online

Warped killer abused more than 100 bodies in a mortuary in a calculated pattern over 30 years... | Daily Mail Online

David Fuller: Kent Police sets up helpline in anticipation of calls | Daily Mail Online

Takeaway from the above case is that some people kill as they desire sex with a dead body.
Timely discussion in the media in the last day on this thread subject. JonBenét Ramsey Case: Boulder Police Accused Of Sitting On Crucial DNA Evidence That Could Help Solve Beauty Queen's Murder 25 Years Later

Interested novice,
Excellent link, How timely is that, JAR wants the dna tested ... Ye-Haa.

This rant from JAR and Woodward is all about generating PR for her book and donations for JAR's Beyond The Grave DNA Matching Charity/Foundation, short definition: $$$$$$$$$$$

Excerpt from RadarOnlineDotCom
JonBenét’s half-brother John Andrew Ramsey said DNA evidence was left at the crime scene but blasted the Boulder police for allegedly failing to vigorously pursue the suspect — specifically the same two veteran lead detectives involved in the case since December 1996.

“It’s the same mentally — they think Patsy Ramsey did it and, in their minds, they solved it so why put any effort into it. It’s insane!” John Andrew told Radar.

“It’s the same old guard doing the same stupid s--t that they were doing 25 years ago today,” he continued. “Everybody knows there has been huge advances in DNA technology and that this case with a mountain of physical evidence, I mean a mountain, that can benefit by taking those steps, but the Boulder police won’t do it!”

“It’s a hell of a lot easier not the face the truth," John Andrew added. "They are trying to run the clock out – that’s what they are trying to do.”

Why does JAR not ask Daddy Ramsey to open the pocketbook and get the testing done at Ramsey expense, whats the problem, just think on all those out of court settlements awarded to the Ramsey's, their wealth will all be offshored, hey it might even pop up in the Panama Papers?

Woodward claims the Boulder police have refused to look at DNA markers from any other potential suspect — leaving the case to “languish.”
ITA, BPD reckon the case is BDI and Alex Hunter thinks so as well, as he never filed the True Bills with the court, just a slipup, not!

Team Ramsey are bashing BPD as per normal, whats changed?

Cops believe the killer or killers broke into the Ramsey home through a basement window, slipped into JonBenét's bedroom, and knocked her out with a stun gun. She was reportedly carried to the basement where she was gagged with duct tape, sexually abused, strangled with a garrote, and smashed in the head with a baseball bat.
BBM: wow where is Donald, as that is Fake News , big time. Could be RadarOnline have never read James Kolar's book, you know ex cop, etc.

The above scenario is the result of Lou Smit's basement window ingress into the Ramsey household, not long after John and Lou conducted a joint prayer session, on knees no less. Where Lou Smit was convinced a man of such Christian character was no killer. Game Over!

Neither Woodward or JAR want to tell us how Patsy's fibers are embedded into the ligature knotting or her fibers are on all the forensic artifacts, duct-tape, paint-tote, etc?

Notice JAR only wants the CODIS sample tested not all swabs, samples and clothing worn by JonBenet, i.e. the alleged intruders patently had to undress and redress JonBenet, so what dna did they leave behind on JonBenet.

Answers on a postcard to The Ramsey Truth Foundation, Boulder, Colorado State.

Interested novice,
Excellent link, How timely is that, JAR wants the dna tested ... Ye-Haa.

This rant from JAR and Woodward is all about generating PR for her book and donations for JAR's Beyond The Grave DNA Matching Charity/Foundation, short definition: $$$$$$$$$$$

Why does JAR not ask Daddy Ramsey to open the pocketbook and get the testing done at Ramsey expense, whats the problem, just think on all those out of court settlements awarded to the Ramsey's, their wealth will all be offshored, hey it might even pop up in the Panama Papers?

ITA, BPD reckon the case is BDI and Alex Hunter thinks so as well, as he never filed the True Bills with the court, just a slipup, not!

Team Ramsey are bashing BPD as per normal, whats changed?

BBM: wow where is Donald, as that is Fake News , big time. Could be RadarOnline have never read James Kolar's book, you know ex cop, etc.

The above scenario is the result of Lou Smit's basement window ingress into the Ramsey household, not long after John and Lou conducted a joint prayer session, on knees no less. Where Lou Smit was convinced a man of such Christian character was no killer. Game Over!

Neither Woodward or JAR want to tell us how Patsy's fibers are embedded into the ligature knotting or her fibers are on all the forensic artifacts, duct-tape, paint-tote, etc?

Notice JAR only wants the CODIS sample tested not all swabs, samples and clothing worn by JonBenet, i.e. the alleged intruders patently had to undress and redress JonBenet, so what dna did they leave behind on JonBenet.

Answers on a postcard to The Ramsey Truth Foundation, Boulder, Colorado State.

UKGuy, you raise very interesting points. Perhaps with the 25th anniversary we might get some further information or a case update from the police.

CeCe Moore is the genetic genealogist who works with Parabon. They use familial matches from GEDmatch to build a family tree. I do not. know however, if she is working on this case.

CeCe Moore is the genetic genealogist who works with Parabon. They use familial matches from GEDmatch to build a family tree. I do not. know however, if she is working on this case.
. Merry Xmas, I’ve tagged her so you can ask her directly. @CeCeMoore

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288