GUILTY OH - Pike Co, 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #66

Status
Not open for further replies.
Covid hit me pretty hard and my health has been declining as a result. It was only yesterday that I was able to make it back here. I want to thank all of you who have kept up with this!

Did they release any of the information JW confessed to? Did he state all of them did the killing together? I'm sorry for making you repeat this because I know you have. I will be going through all the back threads to get caught up.

It's scary how the sheer size of fwf made a comprehensive grounds and water search physically impossible.. Before jakes deal they had specific info on the nature and location of evidenc÷. In a pond on fwf basically. The search warrant teams were huge no expense spared. And still jakes deal let to so much crucial evidence that bci fought for came all at once.... multiple vehicles weapons, Knife, sunken at the bottom of pond with all the instruments of mayhem and sadism.
It was surreal for me to see these sudden admissions after so much blatant lying scheming victim tarnishing denials from tge Wagner Crime Family and supporters. Imagine how all the investigators, reader included, felt after years of true police work undeterred Even at their own political demise. It seems every single person involved felt the duty and weight of the case. They couldn't let evil go unpunished.This was a crime against humanity. The brutal results are a Neolithic .The kind of horrible interaction reserved for the animal kingdom. Indiscriminate slaying with intentions of decimation. A true evil amounts of pain to transmit out into the ether.
On top of that a celebration and commemoration of the night. To be present and assist ensure all these lights would extinguish. Actively make sure the survivors families would see no justice. These are the people jail is made for. To seperate diabolical people from the innocent public.who shot who how many times imo complete irrelevant.
It seems the wagners really know how to spread faulty information to spin situations in their favor. Frustrating that these schemes get any traction at all. This whole g4 thing was the Trojan horse to jw plea. Imo all the early phone violations 3 way kite type stuff was jake angela working out contingencies. I'm sure jw feels inclined to shield his brother. And theirs a huge push to get one of them off or mistrial to use as a kernel planting a seed to cast doubt on families guilt civil suit etc.
However, The jury will feel this same sense of duty to the rhoden Gilley families.The knockout punch in final round with Satan incarnated.

It's scary how the sheer size of fwf made a comprehensive grounds and water search physically impossible.. Before jakes deal they had specific info on the nature and location of evidenc÷. In a pond on fwf basically. The search warrant teams were huge no expense spared. And still jakes deal let to so much crucial evidence that bci fought for came all at once.... multiple vehicles weapons, Knife, sunken at the bottom of pond with all the instruments of mayhem and sadism.
It was surreal for me to see these sudden admissions after so much blatant lying scheming victim tarnishing denials from tge Wagner Crime Family and supporters. Imagine how all the investigators, reader included, felt after years of true police work undeterred Even at their own political demise. It seems every single person involved felt the duty and weight of the case. They couldn't let evil go unpunished.This was a crime against humanity. The brutal results are a Neolithic .The kind of horrible interaction reserved for the animal kingdom. Indiscriminate slaying with intentions of decimation. A true evil amounts of pain to transmit out into the ether.
On top of that a celebration and commemoration of the night. To be present and assist ensure all these lights would extinguish. Actively make sure the survivors families would see no justice. These are the people jail is made for. To seperate diabolical people from the innocent public.who shot who how many times imo complete irrelevant.
It seems the wagners really know how to spread faulty information to spin situations in their favor. Frustrating that these schemes get any traction at all. This whole g4 thing was the Trojan horse to jw plea. Imo all the early phone violations 3 way kite type stuff was jake angela working out contingencies. I'm sure jw feels inclined to shield his brother. And theirs a huge push to get one of them off or mistrial to use as a kernel planting a seed to cast doubt on families guilt civil suit etc.
However, The jury will feel this same sense of duty to the rhoden Gilley families.The knockout punch in final round with Satan incarnated.

WOW. You nailed it.

Covid hit me pretty hard and my health has been declining as a result. It was only yesterday that I was able to make it back here. I want to thank all of you who have kept up with this!

Did they release any of the information JW confessed to? Did he state all of them did the killing together? I'm sorry for making you repeat this because I know you have. I will be going through all the back threads to get caught up.

So sorry you've been still having health problems from COVID. I hope you recover soon.

The state hasn't released a whole lot of information from Jake Wagner's proffer (his written account of the murders/confession). They probably want to keep much of it confidential until the other two Wagners, Billy and his son George, either accept a plea deal of their own or go to trial.

Some information has been released. Angela Wagner also negotiated a plea deal, in which it was stated that she remained at home that night, but knew in advance what the others were going to do and discussed what happened after they returned.

Angela Wagner pleads guilty in Rhoden murders

She was sentenced to 30 yrs in prison with no early release and must testify against the others at trial.

Jake's plea deal did reveal that he admitted to killing 5 of the 8 victims.

George's defense attorneys filed a motion that used artful phrasing to imply George didn't kill any of the victims. That information hasn't been verified.

Additional evidence was recovered as a result of Jake's confession. It was found in a pond on Flying W Farms, encased in concrete buckets and sunk to the bottom of the pond. There were the guns that LE had named, based on ballistics, and a knife. DNA was retrieved from the knife. We don't know whose DNA or how the knife was used, but it must have been used as a weapon, considering it was buried along with the other evidence.

Pike County Rhoden case: George Wagner IV attorneys say he shot no one

ETA

Jake also revealed there was a vehicle purchased specifically for the murders. He told LE where it was and it was recovered from owners who lived in OH, but were not aware of it's prior use in the murders.

Last edited:

@Piffcat Great post!

I'm quoting the above to highlight agreement about the ability of the Wagner family to manipulate public opinion and the news media into believing one lie after another, year after year. Agree, the song and dance of GW4 is a game to play on public piety and sympathy to get him released early from prison. Doing so would be a tragic mistake, putting many people's lives at risk.

Clever how his attorneys got stories into the news media about him reading his bible in jail as poor George was harassed by other inmates (none of whom had helped murder 8 innocent people) because George is such a religious man, such a good Christian.

It's very likely the plans for this scheme began before they were arrested and have continued further with assistance from his defense team.

JMO, it makes one wonder why it's so important that George get out of jail. Getting leverage to protect FWF in the civil suit, but also protecting business interests. JMO.

Looking back, though, the barrage of misinformation directed at the victims and surviving Rhoden, Manley and Gilley families in social and news media was impressive. Some folks really knew how to make that work in their favor. Almost like it was planned in advance by people who knew how to plant false stories about people. JMO

Thank you! I wonder if there was a knife wound that LE kept quiet or if it has DNA evidence on it just because it was at the scene and used in some way?

Do you believe AW was at home?

Yes, there's a lot of speculation about knife wounds, but we won't know until there are trials or further confessions. At minimum, a lot of us believe it could have been used when Chris, Sr. was fighting back. He was badly wounded and most of his AR was redacted. It's hard to say what kind of DNA they retrieved. From following other cases, DNA can remain on knives used as murder weapons in a lot of locations - on the handle itself or embedded in spaces around rivets and where the blade meets the handle.

As for AW, I think the prosecution and investigators believe her when she says she was home.

All MOO

Last edited:

Sending wishes for you to stay on the right track to a full recovery. I'm sorry you got hit hard, it's an horrendous cloud over millions of folks all over the world. Just be kind to yourself and take it slowly and you'll get there.

G4s lawyer imo attempting to secure a mistrial by hung jury. He only needs one juror to buy into this whole act. 4chan q type person. Obsessed with conspiracies. Mistrustfull of any government provided info warped thinking

Wishing you well, sorry to hear about your illness, take care!

Angela's 3 co-defendants went, she stayed home.
See video & transcription here:

Timeline no Discussion Page #18
OH - 8 Family Members Murdered, Pike Co., Media, Maps & Timeline *NO DISCUSSION*

Canepa:

The defendant's (Angela's) three co-defendants trespassed into each of the four residents where the victims were found with the intent to kill them.

They were armed with firearms at least two of which had home made silencers affixed to them.

The four conspired together in the months that led up to these offenses being fully aware of what the plan was, and all four co-defendants took part in that such as making various purchases to accomplish the goal.

She was aware the night they (her co-defendants) walked out the door on April 21, 2021 of where they were going and what they were going to do ......

She had some conversations with them after the fact as well, confirming what they had done.

Angela Wagner pleads guilty in Rhoden family murder case

Rhoden relatives gathered outside after the hearing, consoling one another. One woman glared at Wagner from her car as Wagner exited the courthouse.

"I see a woman with no sympathy, no remorse," she said, commenting on the sentence. "She's getting 30 years more than what our family gets."

upload_2021-9-10_19-57-24-png.312109

Angela listens to her attorney and never looks towards the families
upload_2021-9-10_19-58-28-png.312111

Angela after Hearing
upload_2021-9-10_19-58-42-png.312112

Rare photo of Angela in van headed back to jail

Pike County murders: Jake Wagner pleads guilty in Ohio family
massacre

35 PHOTOS - PHOTO GALLERY FROM COURTROOM, APRIL 22, 2021,
JAKE PLEADS GUILTY TO 23 CHARGES.

Jake Wagner pleaded guilty in April on the 5th anniversary of the homicides and said in court he was "deeply and very sorry."

Tony Rhoden said the family was grateful for the first plea as “some semblance of justice.”

He also has sued the Wagners. That case is pending.
0d8a7232-dad2-4149-8142-f1276e0daeba-Wagner_Plee_40a0839.jpg

Jake getting emotional during his guilty pleas for Hanna R and Hannah G

The agreed-upon sentence, which will be handed down later, will be eight consecutive life terms without parole, plus more than 100 years for the sentences on all other charges.

Since the family was taken into custody, investigators and prosecutors have painted a picture of a clannish family, one so insular and loyal to one another they threatened every outsider who infiltrated the circle.

George Wagner IV
Motion #73
Motion To Dismiss Aggravated Murder Counts And/Or Death Specifications

"Here, Mr Wagner is only asking the Court to dismiss Counts 1-8 (Aggravated Murder) and the related Death Specifications but reserves the right to ask the Court to dismiss the entire Case for lack of sufficient evidence at the appropriate time or for other distinct legal reasons."

1.) No DNA or other biological evidence linking him to the murders.
2.) No video recorded voluntary confession.
3.) No video recording conclusively linking him to the murders.

Recently provided Discovery makes it clear that George did NOT shoot and kill any of the victims.

"...Thus, the State seeks to hold the death penalty over the head of George Wagner who did not kill anybody while it has struck a remarkable plea bargain with the actual killer of at least 5 victims who also shot a sixth victim."

"...George Washington Wagner IV shot nobody."

617876e020c31.image.jpg

George with alot of guard presence leaving the Courthouse after his Sept. 13, 2021 Hearing. Wagner IV's attorneys request murder charges dropped

Attachments

• G4 Motion 73 (1) (2).pdf
    200.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
No video of him committing crime no videotaped confessions. This is a hilariously terrible legal standard. If this standard was used 95 percent of murder cases would be not guilty. Next hell point out how g4 didn't kill them in front of the jury so there's no evidence

Here's a hypothetical... if lil George had stayed home with mommy would the rhoden family have survived? It's a terrible thought crsr and Gary fighting for their lives but it was the tipping ]oint for the Wagner Crime Family. From the sounds of it crsr was In his boxers unarmed dead of the night... and still nearly defeated the cult. Without g4 and his merit badge for least shots fired. g3 and Jake may have ended up pushing up daises. Imo.

Here's a hypothetical... if lil George had stayed home with mommy would the rhoden family have survived? It's a terrible thought crsr and Gary fighting for their lives but it was the tipping ]oint for the Wagner Crime Family. From the sounds of it crsr was In his boxers unarmed dead of the night... and still nearly defeated the cult. Without g4 and his merit badge for least shots fired. g3 and Jake may have ended up pushing up daises. Imo.
It is a pretty safe opinion that things didn't go the way the Wagners planned at CRsr's place that night. How close it came to a disaster for the Wagers it would be nice to know. I hope we get to find out some of the details....

It is a pretty safe opinion that things didn't go the way the Wagners planned at CRsr's place that night. How close it came to a disaster for the Wagers it would be nice to know. I hope we get to find out some of the details....

It surprised me that a casing or casings were found on the porch and a bullet under the house. It shows a more disorganized crime scene than I had thought. Disaster does come to mind.

I think Chris saw them coming which is why there is a casing or casings on the porch. He had floodlights that could show people in the cars driving up. I think the Wagner's walked up but that would still set off flood lights. Plus he had cameras mounted.

I am thinking differently about the timeline. The "Chris being more decomposed" statement made me think Chris was killed earlier and they hung around there waiting for Dana to get home from work, then Gary showed up.

But according to Jake's timeline they did everything from before midnight to after midnight and that sounds alot faster to me.

I now think Gary was already there in the house and Chris was more decomposed because he wasn't shot only in the head, but also in the torso and extremities.

So if not hanging around there waiting why move a body or bodies out of the living room? Why not leave them were they were. I think this has something to do with staging/tampering with the crime scene to help throw investigators off.

What surprises me the most is how careless they were at the scenes by leaving shell casings and footprints. It actually sounds very rushed to me, done alot quicker than
one would imagine.

At George's trial I hope we get a clearer picture which I believe we will. I do believe we will see a trial because I do not believe the prosecution will give George the plea deal he wants, thus, he will stick to his scheduled trial in April 2022. (2 Cents)

Massacred Ohio family used video surveillance, survivors say | wkyc.com

Leonard Manley, the father of Dana Rhoden, said his former son-in-law had at least two video cameras mounted to a building near the entrance of his trailer. When motorists arrived at this driveway, a sensor would turn lights on.

“You could clearly see the cars and even the people inside," said Manley, sitting outside his home Tuesday about 85 miles east of Cincinnati.

He said he believed Christopher Rhoden Sr. kept the cameras on at all times but Manley did not know if authorities had video from those cameras. DeWine and investigators have chosen not to release details of their investigation, now nearly three weeks old.

Manley’s youngest daughter, Bobby Jo Manley, told The Enquirer that Kenneth Rhoden also had a video security system at his trailer about eight miles away. She said she knew they were there because she had cleaned his trailer on occasion.

Last edited:
thank you for all the info :)

No prob. Here is something from the April, 2021 search. Shows they found the 2 vehicles and 3 guns Jake led them to.

* Moderator Approved *
State's Supplemental Discovery, Filed Jun 21, 2021

DNA:
Knife from Concrete 5/14/21

Latent Prints:
Knife from Concrete 5/14/21

FWF

ATF Etrace:
Glock
SKS

Ford-F 150 (67 images)
GMC Sierra
GMC Sierra Photos - Athens County (65 images)
GMC Sierra Photos - PCSO Impound (50 images)
Photos 4-21-21 (10 images)

Here is the page that mentions the concrete buckets. @Covert Operative has the other pages, they keep getting deleted!

230147712_4342126675838665_214398905263058614_n.jpg

There has been lots of speculation on why there is a knife and whose DNA and prints are on it. My view is I don't believe the knife was used to cut the victims. The Wagner's MO was using firearms as weapons not knives.

Yes alot of autopsy information is redacted but I do not believe it has anything to do with knives. Knives are up close and personal and time consuming. The Wagners were in too much of a hurry and too cowardly to use knives as weapons. Too cowardly to get that close to a Rhoden.

They were scared of the Rhodens and didn't want to take time to threaten and subdue them, they ambushed them asleep instead. They subdued Chris Sr with gun fire starting from the front porch is my belief. No time for knives.

I think the knife was used to cut down the trail cameras and to open cement buckets, stuff like that. Billy carried a leatherman's tool on him so would make sense they carried a knife as a tool. Leatherman is an American brand of multitools with knives.

Fact Sheet - eTrace: Internet-Based Firearms Tracing and Analysis | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

Last edited:
This logic makes no sense. Jakes "deal" is guaranteed to bury him under the jail. If g4 lawyer is jealous of jakes sentence I'm sure Ms canepa can oblige g4 with lwop.

Good point about George's attorney being upset that Angie Canepa put LWOP on the table before he could bargain it for George. Now he thinks he has to get an even better deal than. AC's. Wasting everyone's time, including Ms Geneva's, for some courtroom drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86