GUILTY SD - Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg, involved in fatal car hit and run, Sioux Falls, Sept 2020 *plea *Impeached*

Good point. Violations usually fall under professional practice standards (which I don’t think apply here) or ethics violations (which I can’t seem to find for SD).
South Dakota Legislature

I am going with general misconduct.

Rule 8.4. Misconduct
It is professional misconduct for a lawyer to:
(a) violate or attempt to violate the rules of professional conduct, knowingly assist or induce another to do so, or do so through the acts of another;

(b) commit a criminal act that reflects adversely on the lawyer's honesty, trustworthiness or fitness as a lawyer in other respects;

Ethically, I think that the South Dakota Bar Association should take a critical look at whether or not Ravnsborg is following the terms to remain a member in good standing of the South Dakota bar.

Yes. Okay.

The accident was well over a year ago.

Shouldn't any sanctions/reprimands/suspensions have taken place by now?

House takes first step to impeaching Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg

"Until Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg no longer holds constitutional office, the widow of Joe Boever says justice will not have been served.

"They just need to make the right decision and take him out of this because there is going to be no closure until something is figured out," said Jenny Boever, whose husband was killed 14 months ago when he was struck by a car being driven by Ravnsborg. "He needs to be impeached."

House takes first step to impeaching Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg

"Until Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg no longer holds constitutional office, the widow of Joe Boever says justice will not have been served.

"They just need to make the right decision and take him out of this because there is going to be no closure until something is figured out," said Jenny Boever, whose husband was killed 14 months ago when he was struck by a car being driven by Ravnsborg. "He needs to be impeached."

And, he needs to have his driver's license suspended for at least a year. Which makes living in South Dakota almost impossible.

can someone remind me why the victim was on the side of the road? did his car break down? I've been reading for awhile and can't find the answer

can someone remind me why the victim was on the side of the road? did his car break down? I've been reading for awhile and can't find the answer
Boever’s truck broke down earlier that day. He had made plans to get a ride back to deal with it the next day. But later that night he changed his mind & decided to walk back to it- perhaps to retrieve something he’d left in the vehicle.

Joe Boever was carrying a light. He was walking at the edge of the shoulder, close to the ditch. He was trying to get to his truck that he’d left in the ditch earlier that night. The police report suggests he was trying to get there safely.”

Boever Had a Flashlight When Distracted Ravnsborg Killed Him at Ditch’s Edge

Oh, come on!

"the 9-member committee quickly adjourned after being told by legislative staff that it would need to retain legal counsel for guidance on process particulars like what constitutes impeachable offenses for sitting office holders and a timeline for sending a formal recommendation on impeachment back for consideration by the entire House."

Independent advisor to be used in Jason Ravnsborg impeachment meetings

How about killing a person? Does that count as an "impeachable offense"?

Is this a sign that the fix is in?

Oh, come on!

"the 9-member committee quickly adjourned after being told by legislative staff that it would need to retain legal counsel for guidance on process particulars like what constitutes impeachable offenses for sitting office holders and a timeline for sending a formal recommendation on impeachment back for consideration by the entire House."

Hoping not. Some delays & procedural ambiguity are to be expected, imo.

South Dakota has never before undertaken the impeachment of a sitting elected statewide official.”

Poll shows strong public support for removal of Attorney General Jason Ravnsborg

Oh, come on!

No. It means that no one wants to "do the right thing'. Getting someone from outside means that they don't have to deal with the situation.

Although, it may be a good idea. Because if it is truly someone who is completely "Independent", it may end up with more serious charges. It depends on who they get.

I am really interested if there was a complete autopsy on Boever. Had the man suffered? Had he been alive at all? Able to call out for help? Could he have been saved? Things that never came out in the "no trial".

Boever’s truck broke down earlier that day. He had made plans to get a ride back to deal with it the next day. But later that night he changed his mind & decided to walk back to it- perhaps to retrieve something he’d left in the vehicle.

Joe Boever was carrying a light. He was walking at the edge of the shoulder, close to the ditch. He was trying to get to his truck that he’d left in the ditch earlier that night. The police report suggests he was trying to get there safely.”

Boever Had a Flashlight When Distracted Ravnsborg Killed Him at Ditch’s Edge

thanks

No. It means that no one wants to "do the right thing'. Getting someone from outside means that they don't have to deal with the situation.

Although, it may be a good idea. Because if it is truly someone who is completely "Independent", it may end up with more serious charges. It depends on who they get.

I am really interested if there was a complete autopsy on Boever. Had the man suffered? Had he been alive at all? Able to call out for help? Could he have been saved? Things that never came out in the "no trial".

yes that's the kind of detail I hope haunts Ravnsborg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back