CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is DTLA really dangerous??

As a Brit, this is surprising to me because I guess we see Los Angeles, CA as a tourist destination.

Then again, those from other countries think London looks appealing, when in reality it's a filthy cesspit of crime, gangs, and drug activity.

MOO

Not any more than any other large urban area. That being said, LA doesn't even make the top 20 in US cities with the highest crime rate.

Most Violent Cities In America 2021

As a Brit, this is surprising to me because I guess we see Los Angeles, CA as a tourist destination.

Then again, those from other countries think London looks appealing, when in reality it's a filthy cesspit of crime, gangs, and drug activity.

MOO
Downtown may be less dangerous than the aforementioned areas, however, because it is a high-drug area, it is advised to avoid Downtown L.A. or at least be alert when traveling through this area. A visit during the day is drastically different than being Downtown at the nighttime hours. And with good safety precautions, such as checking your surroundings, and being careful when getting in and out of your car, you should be okay.

20 Places to Stay Away From in Los Angeles

Greetings all-
Do we know if HP car is a 2017 RR Velar?
I don’t think the existence of a built-in standard SOS button and Vehicle Theft system can be understated.
Those safety features are not tied in with all the many bells and whistles of FREE features of the GPS system. It appears that it would take some doing to disable them.

MOO

I grew up in LA and still have connections. I would be very careful of going there as someone not knowing the area. Travel agencies and travel websites are very deceiving. You could end up in a hotel and step out into skid row. It would be very easy to walk into a bad situation on the next block. Below is an article about a documentary that sadly depicts what I stated above.

Beware Hotel Death: Two Netflix Docuseries Investigate a Creepy L.A. Landmark

Not any more than any other large urban area. That being said, LA doesn't even make the top 20 in US cities with the highest crime rate.

The thing about LA is it is deceiving. Even though Hope and Flower seems high end and looks the part, it is not in the best area. And going by the reviews, Hope and Flower is a high priced dump that is falling apart and has its share of crime.

Moo.

MOO
IMO no, it’s not that dangerous. Certain sections, maybe, but I’d say it’s more of a perspective issue. I’ve lived in 3 major cities I’d consider a lot more dangerous than DTLA. If the definition of scary is passing addicts or homeless people, then maybe it’s scary. But you are very unlikely to be harmed.

IMO no, it’s not that dangerous. Certain sections, maybe, but I’d say it’s more of a perspective issue. I’ve lived in 3 major cities I’d consider a lot more dangerous than DTLA. If the definition of scary is passing addicts or homeless people, then maybe it’s scary. But you are very unlikely to be harmed.

True. Growing up in and near Chicago, I definitely have a different comfort level than someone who grew up in a rural town downstate. I've been all the places you "shouldn't go." While a visibly frightened lost tourist might be seen as an easy mark, if you are just going about your business, it's not particularly dangerous.

I love LA. I lived and worked in a few areas and we now visit various areas every month or so. That said, there are worlds of difference between neighborhoods and night and day time activities. DTLA is definitely an urban warrior edgy heads-up area with difficult parking.
That’s a big reason the many amenities and security at H&F are so attractive and important.

MOO
Your last sentence describes LA perfectly. Of course there are “nice” areas but the past couple years have seen a huge increase in crime even in the nice neighborhoods. We moved out of LA to Orange County because of it. Unfortunately we are still in downtown for work most days.

My husband and I rented a loft in DTLA after we sold a house at the beach and before we bought another house. This was in 2004-2005. I couldn't wait to get out of there. I was afraid in the parking garage across the street from our loft and I always felt nervous when I was walking around outside, which wasn't all that often. I've spent time in many large cities. DTLA, at least at that time, was not a place where I was in my comfort zone.

What therapist would say no in this situation? Imo I don’t think it’s really that necessary to obtain custody for the purpose of therapy. JME as a stepmom
I totally disagree. I would guess a child therapist, of all medical professionals, would have a lot of experience with divorced parents, and some in contentious situations (not implying this one is one of those cases, we don’t know enough). For sure an intake form for a minor would ask the relationship between the parents (married, divorced, single). It would be a CYA thing if I was therapist. I really don’t think it’s a big issue at all.

I've never seen a custody agreement that didn't allow for emergency treatment without notifying the other parent.
Emergency medical to me means something like your kid fell off a bike and broke his arm and needs a cast ASAP. Therapy is deeply personal and parents fight about it all the time (i.e. dad picks a therapist that mom thinks is planting negative opinions about her to the child, or vice versa).

Not sure if JW would be requesting a decrease in CS payments or an increase from HP but 10 days would be ample time to review a laptop for financial information. MOO
Which leads me back to the curious statement JW made about Heidi's personal bank statements. He said JS assistant sent them to him as proof Heidi was siphoning funds at work.

Now we learn he had her phone and laptop for seven days, before giving them to LE. Something is off here MOO.

MOO

Downtown LA is not what you see being advertised to tourists and the masses, in the US lots of downtowns are actually the "bad" parts, and the nicer parts have been generated outside of it because there is lots of land space. The neighbourhoods that appeal to tourists are more like Burbank, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica etc. Downtown is more of a business area

I totally disagree. I would guess a child therapist, of all medical professionals, would have a lot of experience with divorced parents, and some in contentious situations (not implying this one is one of those cases, we don’t know enough). For sure an intake form for a minor would ask the relationship between the parents (married, divorced, single). It would be a CYA thing if I was therapist. I really don’t think it’s a big issue at all.

I think it’s odd to immediately file a court order in this situation. It was days after she was reported missing and by all accounts, he seems to be very busy talking to the press. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288