CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s definitely a fair point. It was a pretty swift and urgent priority for not much time elapsing.

I guess I’m being unfair bc it’s easy to be an outsider in this type of situation. But IMO nothing warranted an emergency court order at that stage. Why did their son need therapy at this point? Imo his son shouldn’t have even been privy to most info at that point. It’s very easy to tell your kids something like “mom had to leave for a work trip last minute” until you really know what’s going on.

I guess I’m being unfair bc it’s easy to be an outsider in this type of situation. But IMO nothing warranted an emergency court order at that stage. Why did their son need therapy at this point? Imo his son shouldn’t have even been privy to most info at that point. It’s very easy to tell your kids something like “mom had to leave for a work trip last minute” until you really know what’s going on.
I felt it was odd as well. Especially given the statement from her friend. She said Heidi had worked so hard to gain custody rights (paraphrasing). One of the biggest reasons friend felt something was terribly wrong.

I'm sure this will be unpopular, but it felt like he was capitalizing on the fact she was missing to gain full custody. I'll change my opinion if he provides a solid reason other than what was stated about therapy.

That’s why I’m hinting that maybe there were some issues brewing before the disappearance. Maybe things came out in the days following that required the help of a professional. Totally JMO.

I think it’s odd to immediately file a court order in this situation. It was days after she was reported missing and by all accounts, he seems to be very busy talking to the press. Jmo

My thought process when I did it was (1) what happens if there's a medical emergency and I would have to go through the red tape of getting an emergency court order to deal with it because the other parent could not consent and their consent is required; and (2) the money that's being paid in child support (which could easily be a thousand dollars a month or more in CA) is being automatically sent into the account of someone who can't access it and can't use the money for the benefit of the child. And even if it's not automatically sent, if the dad didn't pay it, it would still count as non-payment until he went to court and straightened it out later. Which is much easier said then done in the case of family courts n my experience. Plus, in this case, if she doesn't turn up eventually, any money that went into her account could be tied up for months or years, etc.

Lastly, as I mentioned in an earlier post, you would always be in technical violation of a court order until you got it revised because you only have physical custody on certain days. all jmo based on personal experience.

It’s notable, I think, that the LAPD has had no press conferences on Heidi’s case. I think a lot must be going on, though. They have security videos, they have her phone records, computer…hopefully, these are telling investigators a lot.

There was a recent case in L.A. where a young man disappeared after working his shift at a dispensary. It was really perplexing. The mother felt very frustrated by the seeming lack of action on the part of LAPD. In actuality, they were working really hard along with the FBI all along, and their work turned out to be truly impressive when it was revealed after arrests were made and his body found. So, I will keep faith they are doing the same here.

Having experience in Crisis and Trauma informed care, undoubtedly the minor and family members, close friends, would benefit from Grief and Trauma support counseling.
First line of defense is to protect the child from drama and chaos, hearsay, news reports, the Guardian custodial parent’s own emotions and psychological/intellectual roller coaster.

There are excellent 24/7 crisis lines available for persons of all ages to provide immediate support.

That said, it is customary for all schools to have staff to provide that emergency support, too.
The LA Archdiocese has a great free program and resources, including downloads from the Intl Trauma Institute.

I do not understand the need to modify the Custody agreement to accomplish any of that or arrange sessions with a trained psychologist or social worker. Even if especially if the minor is at a serious risk of self-harm. I hope the Dad is not thinking he needs medicating so suddenly. Contrary to popular belief, Drs. are very loathe to prescribe in this situation without an underlying issue and so are good psychiatrists.
Kids are resilient but their brains are particularly susceptible to trauma when they are not considerately and empathetically listened to and reassured to know their fears and anxieties, trouble sleeping, difficulty concentrating, withdrawal and mood changes , change in appetite, etc are normal under the traumatizing circumstances.
Poor little guy.
MOO MOO

It’s notable, I think, that the LAPD has had no press conferences on Heidi’s case. I think a lot must be going on, though. They have security videos, they have her phone records, computer…hopefully, these are telling investigators a lot.

There was a recent case in L.A. where a young man disappeared after working his shift at a dispensary. It was really perplexing. The mother felt very frustrated by the seeming lack of action on the part of LAPD. In actuality, they were working really hard along with the FBI all along, and their work turned out to be truly impressive when it was revealed after arrests were made and his body found. So, I will keep faith they are doing the same here.
I believe they are working hard on this, too.
It’s obviously complex and multi-layered.

I felt it was odd as well. Especially given the statement from her friend. She said Heidi had worked so hard to gain custody rights (paraphrasing). One of the biggest reasons friend felt something was terribly wrong.

I'm sure this will be unpopular, but it felt like he was capitalizing on the fact she was missing to gain full custody. I'll change my opinion if he provides a solid reason other than what was stated about therapy.
Where did the friend say that about custody? I hadn't heard that or I must have missed it!

From what JW stated is that their son and his mom texted every night when they weren't together, and she failed to pick him up from school on Monday, and just had his birthday. He's also only 11 years old. He's probably devastated IMO and if it was my son I would want the best help for him as well. As a parent I just don't have that particular professional background or education.

From what JW stated is that their son and his mom texted every night when they weren't together, and she failed to pick him up from school on Monday, and just had his birthday. He's also only 11 years old. He's probably devastated IMO and if it was my son I would want the best help for him as well. As a parent I just don't have that particular professional background or education.
Yeah, I was going to suggest that maybe JW just doesn't know how to properly help or support B. Who knows, they could be going to counseling together even.

Where did the friend say that about custody? I hadn't heard that or I must have missed it!

“She would never do this to her boy. She’s worked so hard, so hard in her custody battle for this little boy,” John said.

“Absolutely abnormal, unlikely,” friend Danielle Nadolny said. “She would never just leave.”
Missing accountant Heidi Planck's disappearance

My thought process when I did it was (1) what happens if there's a medical emergency and I would have to go through the red tape of getting an emergency court order to deal with it because the other parent could not consent and their consent is required; and (2) the money that's being paid in child support (which could easily be a thousand dollars a month or more in CA) is being automatically sent into the account of someone who can't access it and can't use the money for the benefit of the child. And even if it's not automatically sent, if the dad didn't pay it, it would still count as non-payment until he went to court and straightened it out later. Which is much easier said then done in the case of family courts n my experience. Plus, in this case, if she doesn't turn up eventually, any money that went into her account could be tied up for months or years, etc.

Lastly, as I mentioned in an earlier post, you would always be in technical violation of a court order until you got it revised because you only have physical custody on certain days. all jmo based on personal experience.

I am looking at things from my personal lens. If my stepkids mom was missing, court would be the furthest things from our minds. The kids having a medical emergency and us not being able to make a decision really wouldn’t be something I’d be thinking about at the time. Maybe I’m wrong for that, but it just wouldn’t be something that would be an immediate issue in my head.

Was it only a temporary order? Meaning it could be reversed later if Heidi returns?

I am looking at things from my personal lens. If my stepkids mom was missing, court would be the furthest things from our minds. The kids having a medical emergency and us not being able to make a decision really wouldn’t be something I’d be thinking about at the time. Maybe I’m wrong for that, but it just wouldn’t be something that would be an immediate issue in my head.
Right? Who would object if the other party is missing? Hospitals don't have custody agreements on file. But I do get what the other poster is pointing out.

Was it only a temporary order? Meaning it could be reversed later if Heidi returns?

At about 1:37 in the video in this article it says "Father is awarded sole legal and sole physical custody of the parties minor child".

To me, it sounds as if - if Heidi is alive - she will have to go back to court and try to regain her shared custody arrangement later on, and perhaps go through another custody battle.

az.JPG

Information Continues To Mount In Heidi Planck Missing Person Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads