GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former LEO and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020 *Arrests* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand they will never believe they did anything wrong--
I cant bear to even look at the defendants-- they are revolting
I agree, I try to avoid, looking at the defendants, however, I ‘m very impressed by Judge Warmsley. His courtroom demeanor, is outstanding, IMO. He’s calm, evenhanded, there’s no doubt to me he, that he takes his duties seriously. He’s an excellent choice, for a high profile case, I have faith in him. MOO

I agree, I try to avoid, looking at the defendants, however, I ‘m very impressed by Judge Warmsley. His courtroom demeanor, is outstanding, IMO. He’s calm, evenhanded, there’s no doubt to me he, that he takes his duties seriously. He’s an excellent choice, for a high profile case, I have faith in him. MOO

Oh yes-- he is a perfect judge for this trial--

Haven't really followed this case to any great extent. But this whole looking at a house under construction is hardly something shocking or indicative of crime, at least in my neighborhood. We did a whole house reno before we moved into our house and neighbors were always "keeping track" and commenting on progress. I never felt the need to chase or shoot any looky loos. And AA was clearly not "stealing" anything as he was running without carrying anything as far as I recall.
He stole nothing, was not carrying anything.

I remember reading about it being common for people to check out a house under construction and that alot of people checked out that house in the McMichael's neighborhood.

The owner said lots of people were in and out of there, he had cameras installed.
Arbery was looking for a drink and he looked at items but never took anything.

He was specifically singled out because of race in my opinion. The owner had no problem with him at all. Should be up to the owner.

Slain jogger Ahmaud Arbery may have stopped in house for drink of water: attorney

Hard to say on appeal that they didn't get the jury they wanted. What would they be able to complain about? Our jury was too white?

I think that could be a valid point. A few posts ago, when I said that juries should be comprised of your peers, that applies both to the defendants and the victims.

In other environments I think the ethnic makeup of jurors may be irrelevant but you are ignoring the elephant in the room in this particular case. When the potential jurors are asked specific questions by the defense they are viewing the situation through a lens that many of us could never even begin to understand. I believe it's very difficult for some AA's to view a murder as a discrete event. It's like 6 degrees of separation for many AA's. I think it's unfair to ask questions that are geared to the African American experience to determine their viability as a biased juror.

This is my opinion. I also don't understand how the defense is basing the killing as an act of self defense. To me it's like opening a book toward the end and reading about a person grabbing a gun resulting in them being shot to death. Context matters. Armaud would never have grabbed the weapon if two separate trucks, one that had someone standing in the back with a hand weapon and the driver with a shotgun were chasing him around a subdivision, yelling at him to stop, while one of those trucks actually hit him. It is disingenuous and delusional to believe that self defense is a viable defense. There would be no gun to grab if a group of vigilantes hadn't decided to take the law into their own hands.

I never have compassion for defense attorneys, and even less in this case-- this case involves defendants who not only have no remorse for what they did, but actually
feel it was the right thing to do- the attorneys who represent them are defending
the indefensible with a lot smoke and mirrors--- they make me sick

We need defense attorneys. It's one of the cornerstones of justice for citizens. Imagine what it would be like without them.

I'm really late to joining this discussion, but watching this trial has me enraged.

They hunted this young man down like in a horror movie.

I am with you. It is beyond horrific. I want to scream in the courtroom: how dare you call the cold blooded murder of this young man self defense: how dare you. It is beyond an outrage.

I am with you. It is beyond horrific. I want to scream in the courtroom: how dare you call the cold blooded murder of this young man self defense: how dare you. It is beyond an outrage.
Exactly. I thought the 911 call said it all. 911 operator trying to figure out what the guy was complaining about: what is he doing? Answer: running down the street.

Last edited:
Exactly. I thought the 911 call said it all. 911 operator trying to figure out what the the guy was complaining about: what is he doing? Answer: running down the street.

Can you imagine it took 75 days to arrest these three: unbelievable. I also think the police didn't give a crap about that dying man lying in the street: they just ignored him and their so-called investigation when they arrived on the scene was a disgrace.

Can you imagine it took 75 days to arrest these three: unbelievable. I also think the police didn't give a crap about that dying man lying in the street: they just ignored him and their so-called investigation when they arrived on the scene was a disgrace.

Yeah, I can understand why that cop no longer works for the force. He didn't even try to give aid to AA. He just lay on the ground bleeding out until the next officer arrived on the scene. WTF

I should watch that video again of the scene afterwards. I saw snippets and was wondering why I saw no one near him. But it's just so painful to watch. Thank god there is some really good evidence for the jury to see and hear. And thank god they finally were arrested.

Exactly. I thought the 911 call said it all. 911 operator trying to figure out what the guy was complaining about: what is he doing? Answer: running down the street.

They look:

A stranger they have seen in the neighborhood before is looking at a house under construction with alot of other people looking. They do not see him holding a gun.

Another day they see him jogging, nothing in his hands.

This is totally fine, no big deal.

This man is white.

Another day:

A stranger they have seen in the neighborhood before is looking at a house under construction with alot of other people looking. They do not see him holding a gun.

Another day they see him jogging, nothing in his hands.

This is not totally fine, this is a big deal. This man isn't jogging he is "hauling *advertiser censored*" and probably has a gun and was robbing the community. Time to chase him down. Wait, don't forget your weapons and the neighbor can help.

This man is black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members