Found Safe NJ - JM, 14, walked to deli, East Orange, 14 Oct 2021 *custodial mom arrested*

J was gonna testify against someone who assaulted her.
What is Mom’s current relationship with that person?

how about these mysto shoppers. Do they know the assailant?

Her stepfather was beating her. An aunt witnessed him punch J in the face twice.

She, and her mom's were brave enough to press charges against a cop. Sadly, this may have to do with her missing. Not only could he do time, but lose his career.

Current relationship with mom I'd say that went downhill after he was beating her teen daughter.

This is a case where I hope a teen took off with a young boyfriend and will wind up coming home.

Last edited by a moderator:
‘Working to get this young woman and bring her back home safely’ sheriff says in search for missing N.J. teen Jashyah Moore

Nov 07

The 14-year-old has been missing since Oct. 14, when she left home to go to a nearby deli, officials said.

The morning she went missing, Jashyah had gone to Poppies Deli on Central Avenue — about three blocks southeast of Monte Irvin Orange Park — at about 7:30 a.m., officials said. She returned home and told her mother, Jamie Moore, that she had lost the credit card she paid with.

During a press conference this week, Moore said she told her daughter to retrace her steps to try to find the card. It was the last time she saw Jashyah, Moore said.

Why isn't there an identification made of the man who was buying her juice and candy? Where are the store videos? It's been weeks, come on Jersey, do better!

From a link posted Friday above:

The man in the footage is cooperating fully with police, and there is no indication of foul play at this time, Bindi said.

Reward for information about missing East Orange teen increased to $15,000

Moore’s mother says that the 14-year-old is a homebody who loves to play video games. Authorities are searching in places like Monte Irvin Orange Park because Moore likes to check out the pond.
It is not clear how the teen went missing. She was reportedly asked to testify in a domestic violence case against her stepfather, who is an East Orange police officer.

A spokesperson for the city tells News 12 New Jersey that the officer was fired last month and was suspended before that. The stepfather hasn’t seen active duty in more than a year.
The city says that he has been cooperating in the investigation into JM’s disappearance.
News 12 tried to speak to the East Orange police chief and the city’s mayor, but they were not available.

I’m glad that this case is still getting coverage and even a bump in the original reward! It’s not often that we see cases with POC getting attention after the first few days. Hopefully this means our world is changing, even if just a tiny bit! Come home baby girl, your mother needs you!

FBI joins search for missing Black 14-year-old J

Nov 1 2021
“The domestic violence case is proceeding against the defendant,” Essex County Public Information Officer Katherine Carter said in a statement. “We are aware of the fact that the mother reported the daughter missing. The missing person’s case is being handled by municipal authorities in East Orange. At this point, the domestic violence assault and the status of the missing person do not appear to be related; however, it is being monitored by law enforcement.”

Over two weeks after J’s disappearance, the state police department and FBI announced their involvement in the case on Friday (Oct. 29). J’s family has circulated “missing” posters with her face on social media and said they are frustrated about the lack of media attention.

“My niece is a Black, Afro-Latina girl, you understand?” Yolanda told PIX 11. “When you’re in a disenfranchised community like East Orange there’s a lot of, I would say, ignoring of Black little girls.”

Jamie Moore told PIX11 News Monday night she was questioned for two hours by FBI agents at the East Orange Police Department, who then asked her to take a polygraph Tuesday morning at Newark’s FBI headquarters.

“They swabbed my mouth and took my DNA,” she said.

While I was talking to the FBI, they went to my house and took my iPhone, which was deactivated,” the mother told PIX11 News Monday.

Jamie Moore said the phone contained important photos and videos related to a domestic violence case against her estranged husband, an East Orange police officer.

The family’s toothbrushes were also retrieved.

Jamie Moore, her daughter, J, and her 3-year-old son, had been staying with a close friend after last year’s domestic violence incident in Irvington.
Jamie Moore said she was upset to see an East Orange officer walking out of the house with her iPhone Monday afternoon.

“I didn’t sign a consent,” Moore said. “I feel my rights were violated. These people, they treat me mean.”

PIX11 News photographer Bill Muller was at the Moore apartment Tuesday morning when four FBI agents and two police officers showed up to question the man who was letting the family stay there in recent months.
JM missing: FBI asks mother for polygraph, DNA swab

He also said Moore’s family will hold a search party at 5 p.m. on the corner of Amherst Street and Central Avenue, and there will be an interfaith prayer vigil at 5:30 p.m. Friday in front of City Hall.

'J Is One Of Our Own:' East Orange Mayor Pleads For Community's Help To Find Missing Teen JM

NOV 9, 2021
Search party for missing New Jersey teen JM set, reward increases
As the search for 14-year-old JM continues, investigators are offering an increased reward of $15,000 after an anonymous local business owner's donation.

The Moore family will hold a search party at 5 p.m. Tuesday on the corner of Amherst Street and Central Avenue, East Orange, New Jersey, Mayor Ted Green said at a Tuesday press conference. There will also be an interfaith prayer vigil at 5:30 p.m. on Friday in front of City Hall.

"J is one of our own," Green said. "We're asking this community, as we have been asking from day one, to help us in locating this young lady."

[...]

Let's see if i have the timeline correct

- JM walks to the Poppie's to buy orange juice and paper towels
- JM returns to the house and says she lost the EBT card
- Mother tells her to retrace her steps - JM leaves, this is the last time mother sees JM
- At U.S Food Market, clerks report that a man bought the groceries
- This is the last time anyone saw JM.

Questions I'm asking, in the most general sense:

- The family didn't know she had first visited Poppie? it was only when LE located surveillance footage. (source)

- The mother said that her iPhone was de-activated, which means that even if JM was to call it, it would go to voicemail and wouldn't ring, unless the mother put the SIM card in another phone to receive/make phone calls. (source)

- The man buying the groceries. I'm guessing JM wasn't able to find the EBT card. Is he a complete stranger, someone JM doesn't know at all? Huge speculation/opinion - but I find it seems extremely odd for someone to buy groceries like that. I could see a scenario if the man who knew the family (even very peripherally) and would be worried, thinking JM has to come back with groceries, and steps in to buy them, so that JM could go home. Again, I stress this is 100% speculative/opinion.

- If EBT benefits are similar to that in CA (I work at a CA public services agency), you swipe the card, and enter a four-digit PIN, and it will pay for any food items (if you look at your grocery store receipt, there should be two columns, for T and F). EBT card will cover food (F), but T is taxable and won't be.

- I'm pretty sure that paper towels are taxed and couldn't be paid for by EBT card, unless the family also had cash aid. Again, FL might have slightly different rules or implementation, so I can't say I know for sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back