Found Safe GA - Blaise Barnett, 1, sitting in car when stolen, later found abandoned, Clarkston, 10 Nov 2021

The conference was short and sweet..

Baby was found in a car in a driveway. Woman left her home on Rogers St. this afternoon and found Blaise inside the car. Police not sure if it was her vehicle yet, they are yet to interview her.

Blaise is in good condition and going to hospital to be checked over.

Investigation still ongoing. Any tips please call.

Last edited:
WHAT A RELIEF!!! WOOOO HOOO!!

So glad my suspicions were wrong but when you've been here for so long and seen this same story play out over and over again with horrific results, it can be hard to not be suspicious.
But we have to remember that not everyone responds the same way in stressful/traumatic scenerios.
Just because my face would be a mess of tears and swollen red puffy eyes, doesn't mean everyone else would be the same. Everyone is different. Some do not express emotions like we expect them to.

The conference was short and sweet..

Baby was found in a car in a driveway. Woman left her home on Rogers St. this afternoon and found Blaise inside the car. Police not sure if it was her vehicle yet, they are yet to interview her.

Blaise is in good condition and going to hospital to be checked over.

Investigation still ongoing. Any tips please call.
That’s really odd. He was found inside a different vehicle alone? In a driveway? And a random woman found him but they’re not even sure if it’s her car or not. Very very intrigued by what’s going on here. A car thief who didn’t know what to do? Why leave the first car and bring the baby into another?

That’s really odd. He was found inside a different vehicle alone? In a driveway? And a random woman found him but they’re not even sure if it’s her car or not. Very very intrigued by what’s going on here. A car thief who didn’t know what to do? Why leave the first car and bring the baby into another?
Sounds like that. I looked at the street where he was found, and the area where the van was located, and there's no way this baby made it there on his own if he were let out of the van to wander. A mile as the crow flies, but it's a LOT longer than that if you follow streets. Additionally there's a creek that he'd have had to swim across.

I am so very relieved and happy that this precious boy is safe. But it just gets weirder and weirder. Did the carjacker/kidnapper keep the baby overnight and find an unlocked car to leave him in today? If the kidnapper made an effort to keep him safe and return him, why leave him in a random vehicle without any idea when he would be discovered? So odd.

I think it was an opportunist who realised 6 minutes down the road that there was a baby in the car. Rather than abandon the car and baby, decided to take baby because it was 1 am and Blaise didn't have much on. He may have been worried he wouldn't be found.

I'm struggling to understand why the person would leave him in another car though. Maybe on a random street because there was no CCTV? Also, if he knocked on the door and ran then maybe he was worried they would answer before he could get away.

Could be he knows the woman whose car he left him in.

Maybe a thief with a heart :).

ETA: I think he probably took care of him last night and put him in the car today.

Interview

"I got back in front of my house right here, we parked right here. Maybe around like 1.06, 1.10. I went in the house first went upstairs, Blaise's dad had grabbed our nephew out the car and just a couple of bags that we had. He just was making a quick trip, you know to the house, because it's right there. So the car....we were able to still see the car. Maybe 30 seconds he was in there. He came, you know, tried to come back to get Blaise and then Blaise wasn't out here. The car wasn't either."

Why did she go upstairs when arriving at the house? Oh just had a thought. I wonder if she really needed the toilet and that's why dad was carrying everything.
Why go upstairs empty handed? She did not mention what she was carrying. I don't care if you have to pee or not, you don't leave a baby inside a car with the keys in the drink holder. Why leave the keys in the car at all? Simply makes no sense to me.

Not always. A kid in a car seat is strapped in and safe. A kid is more likely to get hurt in the house, alone while mom gets groceries, than he is safety confined to a car seat IMO. (Yes, the car should be locked).
I would put the baby in the crib while I was gone to the car to unload anything. That's just me. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back