NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 Jun 2001 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should have tried her on YouTube, like you did me! LOL

I have not checked in here for a while. You guys have been busy. It was stagnate for a couple of months. I need to check my notification settings, and my spam settings.

Welcome back Studebkr.

There's only a 5 UP's in NamUS. Two are known males, the rest are uncertain and are partial remains, and one is blond.
I'm thinking there could be more unidentified remains out there for Nebraska than are in the database.

Yes, I mentioned the other day the partial skull about a half hour's drive away from Omaha that was found by a river. I wonder if it is possible to ID that one and what the status is of it. (it was brought up on another website as a possibility), and has been posted here. Unidentified Person Case (namus.gov) Would Ophram be able to get any info on this one?

Not sure if this has been posted before, I haven't seen it so reposting the info. Good to have for people to contact re. this case. It dates from 2018 and is supplied by Jason's dad Jim on another site online.
Det. Dave Schneider
@OPDOfcSchneider
Just starting to review the missing person investigation regarding Jason Jolkowski, who hasn’t been seen since June 13th, 2001. If anyone has any information contact @OPDCrimeStop at 402-444-STOP and provide it anonymously, or contact me at 402-444-5656.

Last edited:
Yea I think it was wrong place/time or accident. I don’t discount the theory that he could have had a relationship or issue that was hidden from family but that seems less likely.
Not everyone has a dark side. I think Jason was as “good” as has been reported. I think he may have been considered neuro atypical but I don’t know exactly what his cognitive issues were and if there was a formal diagnosis. I do know he was reportedly shy, college classmates said he was so shy at times he couldn’t make eye contact. He had to push through a lot to achieve his goals.
I would think there would have found some kind of evidence of a secret life on his computer or in his room, journal, notebook, unknown phone number, but apparently there wasn’t.
It’s possible though due to his nature he wanted to help someone in some way or trusted someone he shouldn’t have.

The problem is that Jason was a low-risk victim and he vanished in broad daylight in the middle of suburbia.

Tall, 18 year-old, physically fit men don't just get opportunistically kidnapped. Jason had a fairly short walk to make through a residential neighbourhood. I think the idea that he stumbled onto some kind of criminal behaviour in a short space of time & distance is an extremely fanciful one.

And a dastardly neighbour lured him to his death on the day that his plans got changed? And not all the times that Jason was off wandering for hours?

I don't think the random abduction is adding up the more I think about it.

And a dastardly neighbour lured him to his death on the day that his plans got changed? And not all the times that Jason was off wandering for hours?

I am re-thinking the whole, "JJ may have been lured and met foulplay" speculation also, and it had been my main theory. I think he definitely met foulplay, but at the hands of someone he knew.

I wonder when these long walks started for JJ? If he was meeting someone, and had planned to take a quick detor to meet that individual on his way to Benson High School (to let them know he had to work and wouldn't see them, as per usual?) wouldn't that person's residence need to be nearby? He had 15 minutes to meet his co-worker, not a lot of leeway there. Maybe an extra 5 minutes?

I am re-thinking the whole, "JJ may have been lured and met foulplay" speculation also, and it had been my main theory. I think he definitely met foulplay, but at the hands of someone he knew.

I wonder when these long walks started for JJ? If he was meeting someone, and had planned to take a quick detor to meet that individual on his way to Benson High School (to let them know he had to work and wouldn't see them, as per usual?) wouldn't that person's residence need to be nearby? He had 15 minutes to meet his co-worker, not a lot of leeway there. Maybe an extra 5 minutes?

The majority of low-risk victims are usually murdered by someone they knew.

My only speculation to that would be that Jason and this other person were meeting somewhere neutral, away from the local neighbourhood.

*If* Jason was in some kind of relationship, there was obviously a reason to keep it from his family. If he was seeing a girl or just meeting a friend, why would he keep that a secret?

The majority of low-risk victims are usually murdered by someone they knew.

My only speculation to that would be that Jason and this other person were meeting somewhere neutral, away from the local neighbourhood.

Hmm, I would agree, but if we're speculating Jason met this person on the day he disappeared (impromptu, unannounced), a "meet-up" wouldn't be plausible.

If JJ called this person ahead of time that morning, or messaged them online, sure, but LE apparently didn't find anything on his cell/computer (though I am still skeptical about the investigation into these two things).

*If* Jason was in some kind of relationship, there was obviously a reason to keep it from his family. If he was seeing a girl or just meeting a friend, why would he keep that a secret?

Yeah, what if it had been someone his parents might have known? Maybe a relationship/friendship they might not have approved of? JJ didn't have a lot of friends; what if he thought he had found an (unconventional) friend and wanted to keep it to himself.. and it sadly took a dark turn.

Hmm, I would agree, but if we're speculating Jason met this person on the day he disappeared (impromptu, unannounced), a "meet-up" wouldn't be plausible.

If JJ called this person ahead of time that morning, or messaged them online, sure, but LE apparently didn't find anything on his cell/computer (though I am still skeptical about the investigation into these two things).

You're right of course. I should have clarified that I think Jason visited the person's home that morning. Perhaps he couldn't reach them on the phone, and didn't want to stand them up, so he dropped by their house en route to the school. But what possessed them to abduct Jason there and then? Were they always planning it that day? Is there a reason why it couldn't have waited?

Yeah, what if it had been someone his parents might have known? Maybe a relationship/friendship they might not have approved of? JJ didn't have a lot of friends; what if he thought he had found an (unconventional) friend and wanted to keep it to himself.. and it sadly took a dark turn.

My suspicions are along those lines. It's not uncommon for young people with no friends to be more comfortable befriending older generations. Avoiding the issue of Jason's sexuality, maybe he knew that a friendship with an older male might raise some eyebrows, so he decided to keep the whole thing a secret.

But what possessed them to abduct Jason there and then? Were they always planning it that day? Is there a reason why it couldn't have waited?

I think things may have escalated, and maybe this wasn't something that was planned but just.. happened. What if Jason turning up unannounced set this person off, because this person was ultimately untrustworthy or hiding something. Or maybe they got selfishly angry about the change of plans and things snowballed. It's all very speculative, in the end.

My suspicions are along those lines. It's not uncommon for young people with no friends to be more comfortable befriending older generations. Avoiding the issue of Jason's sexuality, maybe he knew that a friendship with an older male might raise some eyebrows, so he decided to keep the whole thing a secret.

Yep. I think this could be plausible.

Not only that, but Jason does not seem like a guy who would get involved with a married woman IMO.
As a shy 19 yr. old, JJ does not seem like he would pursue a married woman, but i would not discount that kind of scenario in reverse.
imo, speculation.

ETA.
In the sad ending of that scenario, the husband/boyfriend gets revenge.
In the happier version, JJ walks off into the sunset and he is not alone.

Last edited:
You're right of course. I should have clarified that I think Jason visited the person's home that morning. Perhaps he couldn't reach them on the phone, and didn't want to stand them up, so he dropped by their house en route to the school. But what possessed them to abduct Jason there and then? Were they always planning it that day? Is there a reason why it couldn't have waited?

As a shy 19 yr. old, JJ does not seem like he would pursue a married woman, but i would not discount that kind of scenario in reverse.
imo, speculation.

ETA.
In the sad ending of this scenario, the husband/boyfriend gets revenge.
In the happier version, JJ walks off into the sunset and he is not alone.

We just don't have anything to work with here, ugh! lol. I'm tempted to write to that detective's email that I posted a few posts back and mention the UID skull that was found half hour or so away from Omaha, just to see if there was anything that could be done to id it. And also ask if there is anything new in this case! Of course, I would not expect any answers in return though. I think though that IMO suicide, intentional disappearance and accident are three theories that can be ruled out, but JMO. That leaves foul play, and I think I recall his mom mentioning at one time that was what she thought happened.

The problem is that Jason was a low-risk victim and he vanished in broad daylight in the middle of suburbia.

Tall, 18 year-old, physically fit men don't just get opportunistically kidnapped. Jason had a fairly short walk to make through a residential neighbourhood. I think the idea that he stumbled onto some kind of criminal behaviour in a short space of time & distance is an extremely fanciful one.

I think it could have been an opportunistic abduction...I think of the case of Yingying Zhang, who accepted a ride from someone she thought was campus police. Maybe as he was walking someone he knew or someone claiming to be an authority figure said they'd give him a ride?

I think it could have been an opportunistic abduction...I think of the case of Yingying Zhang, who accepted a ride from someone she thought was campus police. Maybe as he was walking someone he knew or someone claiming to be an authority figure said they'd give him a ride?
Although plausible since we hear so many cases like this but we need to remember that this scenario does not totally fit with the description on the day he vanished. His scheduled suddenly changed making jason suddenly disappear into thin air, it all sounds like premeditated murder to me by someone he knew such as either a neighbour, someone he was meeting up with or the restaurant he worked at

Although plausible since we hear so many cases like this but we need to remember that this scenario does not totally fit with the description on the day he vanished. His scheduled suddenly changed making jason suddenly disappear into thin air, it all sounds like premeditated murder to me by someone he knew such as either a neighbour, someone he was meeting up with or the restaurant he worked at

I think things may have escalated, and maybe this wasn't something that was planned but just.. happened. What if Jason turning up unannounced set this person off, because this person was ultimately untrustworthy or hiding something. Or maybe they got selfishly angry about the change of plans and things snowballed. It's all very speculative, in the end.

I did wonder something like that. Maybe the person took exception to Jason visiting him at home and decided the relationship had become too risky. But what happened next? Did he offer Jason a ride to the school/Fazoli's only to veer off somewhere, or did foul play occur at the house?

I did wonder something like that. Maybe the person took exception to Jason visiting him at home and decided the relationship had become too risky. But what happened next? Did he offer Jason a ride to the school/Fazoli's only to veer off somewhere, or did foul play occur at the house?

I think if this scenario did occur, it all happened behind closed doors. If they tried to take JJ for a ride, I think he could have maybe escaped, unless he was knocked out. I find myself second guessing all of it. The time-frame is just so narrow. He never made it to the school, so something happened on his block.

Whatever occurred, I don't see the point of applying Occam's razor type of stuff here. The simplest explanation is still outrageous, so differentiating between them just seems kind of pointless. An (incomplete) list of possibilities:

1. Freak accident, no one knows what happened and Jason's body is in the area
2. Freak accident that led to a panicked coverup by another involved party (unlikely feat)
3. Jason was abducted and/or murdered by a person/s known to him
4. Jason was abducted and murdered by a person/s unknown to him (mistaken identity is the only probable cause I can think of) (Also, I could only see this happening if there was a weapon involved and if the person responsible has done this sort of thing before, so as not to draw attention)
5. Jason ran away voluntarily (strongly disputed by the Jolkowski family)

In my opinion, the idea of Fazoli's being involved is more unlikely than anything I listed above. That's a lot of people needed to keep something secret, so I'm not even going to list that.

The only ones that are plausible to me based on all the information we've been privy to are 1 and 3 (where it's a John Gacy type situation). The investigation has shown itself to be so incompetent that the idea of his body just not having been found isn't a hard sell.
I also think there's a lot of out-there speculation about Jason having relationships and weird ulterior motives; I just don't see how a premeditated detour on Jason's part would be likely in such a small time frame. I could only conceivably see this happening if he already had plans in place with some person on that day, but not to just stop by and say hi. A quick phone call would have been enough, even if there were already plans in place. He was in a rush and didn't have much time to spare, so I don't think he would have physically stopped at the person's house. At least I don't think I would.
The school thing has never bothered me or struck me as weird. Assuming there weren't plans, if he did have some kind of double life and that double life caused his disappearance, I think it's more likely he was approached by this person within that window of time than vice versa.
I just wish someone would re-canvas the area for remains (easier said than done) and interview everyone who lived within a certain radius of the area in 2001 (possibly also easier said than done, but crucial).
Praying for justice for you one day, JJ. Hope you're in a better place, man

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads