AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I will have to watch again. I didn’t realize they were two separate interviews. I thought the camera may have simply had her in frame and DW out of frame.
I may be mistaken and if so, I apologize. I'm sure that Don did one alone and I 'think' she eventually did too but was hesitant at first. I'll rewatch it myself too. It shoots all over the place. I think it should've been a 3 part episode.

That was weed growing back in the 70's. No doubt it still goes on, but what would this have to do with CW?

Wasn't there a back and forth that DW made a trip to Kentucky after Summer went missing?

My ex husband big time reader, subscriber of High Time magazine had a book about this. That's why I thought my mom was confused.

Could any of this have to do with Rose missing?

Last edited:
Yeah, I don’t think Don was fully following. He was in response mode which is also why he didn’t appear to be in tune to CW’s emotions. When they asked about organized crime, he mentioned something along the lines of yeah but he has an alibi. I think Don was still referring to whomever this individual might be he refers to at times.
I had the thought that DW learned a lot from his earlier interview with CM. He saw that interview get analyzed. He’s had people from YouTube coaching him on how to respond to certain questions. We heard CM ask the question about what should happen to the perpetrator and there were a lot of discussions about the oddness of his initial response… so then when CW is asked, she knows what the “proper” answer is, but she has to think about it to provide it. I find it hard to tell what’s rehearsed and what’s real anymore unfortunately. DW talked candidly about running drugs to Mexico and I think he learned not to do that but the whole “mafia” questioning made me wonder if he had any familiarity with them due to past drug deals. JMO.

I live in Sullivan County, and the first mention of the cornbread mafia I've ever heard was during Don's interview on the Behavior Panel. The reporter, Anslee Daniel, from WJHL also was unfamiliar with the term.

Watching WJHL now, and they are interviewing the neighbor who heard the scream, but Sheriff Ronnie Lawson believes it is unrelated to the case.

I live in Sullivan County, and the first mention of the cornbread mafia I've ever heard was during Don's interview on the Behavior Panel. The reporter, Anslee Daniel, from WJHL also was unfamiliar with the term.

Watching WJHL now, and they are interviewing the neighbor who heard the scream, but Sheriff Ronnie Lawson believes it is unrelated to the case.
Someone posted that video but haven't watched it. There very well may have been a scream but that doesn't mean who screamed and it certainly doesn't have to point to an abduction, IMO.

Which flies in the face of his saying kidnapping. One could say that he used the terms interchangeably but I think he's a lot slyer than he'd like people to believe. I also think he knows way more than he says (even when he contradicts himself when asked if he has questions about his wife's involvement
<modsnip>

Not necessarily. I think we tend to expect people to use our vocabulary. Problem is, we post here. Honestly, I doubt most people favor the word abduction over kidnapping.

As a for instance, a Facebook friend has taken to calling her road a "holler". It drives me up the wall. I know what a holler is from this case. She lives on perfectly flat ground for miles.

Someone posted that video but haven't watched it. There very well may have been a scream but that doesn't mean who screamed and it certainly doesn't have to point to an abduction, IMO.
Something that's bothered me about the scream story is that the neighbor didn't say anything about hearing a car engine before, during or after.

In a recent video DW posted on YT you can clearly hear the sound of a car or truck off in the distance so IMO it shows that cars can be heard driving in the area. I understand the people at the Wells house not paying attention to cars before they knew Summer was missing but if someone - the neighbor - specifically heard a scream then wouldn't they pause to listen?

Around 1:00.

ITA.
An oxymoron for certain.
Like the term 'jumbo shrimp'.
Two words that cancel each other out, and in the case of an abduction make zero sense.
MOO.
To me accidental abduction would be something like you leave the baby/toddler in the car because they're still sleeping and it gets stolen. That's accidental abduction. MOO of course.

Not necessarily. I think we tend to expect people to use our vocabulary. Problem is, we post here. Honestly, I doubt most people favor the word abduction over kidnapping.

As a for instance, a Facebook friend has taken to calling her road a "holler". It drives me up the wall. I know what a holler is from this case. She lives on perfectly flat ground for miles.
Yes, not everyone really understands the differences between the terms 'abduction' and 'kidnapping. '

My husband is a writer and a wordsmith. He is very particular about using the correct terminology. I just asked him the difference between the 2 words and he didn't think there was any.

Kidnapping is the taking away of a person by force, threat, or deceit, with intent to cause him or her to be detained against his or her will. ... Abduction is the unlawful interference with a family relationship, such as the taking of a child from its parent, irrespective of whether the person abducted consents or not.

Kidnapping v. Abduction
https://kidnapping.uslegal.com › kidnapping-v-abduction

I agree, I thought the exact same thing. imo, She was already looking for an exit when the cornbread mafia question came up. imo, she was stung on the prior question.

I think she was stung by the whole interview, and that she experienced it as an interrogation, not an interview. I can understand why she would be upset and want to leave, I don't think it had to do with the specific questions at the time she became quite upset, I think it was the entire gist of the questioning.

To me accidental abduction would be something like you leave the baby/toddler in the car because they're still sleeping and it gets stolen. That's accidental abduction. MOO of course.
I'm thinking that is still an abduction, and would not be an accidental action but a conscious choice ; so to speak.
Not an accident because who accidentally steals someone's child ?
Although it would seem that that scenario would be outright kidnapping.

We still don't know if Summer was taken from a vehicle, but I'm leaning more towards being disappeared from her own property, at this time.

Post # 834 helps to differentiate between kidnapping and abduction which even msm tends to confuse between the two. :rolleyes:
(Thanks, @katydid23 !)
MOO.

That was weed growing back in the 70's. No doubt it still goes on, but what would this have to do with CW?

Wasn't there a back and forth that DW made a trip to Kentucky after Summer went missing?

My ex husband big time reader, subscriber of High Time magazine had a book about this. That's why I thought my mom was confused.

Could any of this have to do with Rose missing?

BBM

Yes!!

Summer's mom Candus struggled to take off her microphone as she revealed she 'wants out'

Rouse and Hartley were attempting to decipher whether the pair could be lying about their daughter's disappearance.

Their tears-inducing question suggested Summer may have been kidnapped by the "cornbread mafia," a colloquial term that refers to a grassroots, organized crime ring.

While her husband attempted to answer the question, insisting he's heard of gang activity in their neighborhood, Candus turned to him and said: "Get these wires off of me."

Don reacted by patting her on the back and saying "these are tough questions," but Candus said: "No, I'm being interrogated again and I don't want to do this."
Mom of missing 5-year-old storms out of Dr Phil after crime gang questions

Last edited:
Don seems to have been on a downward trajectory after their Dr Phil taping. It makes me think they didn't think it went so well for them,
Agreed.
It's just that the harsh facts are : a young child who is unable in any way to fend for herself is missing !

Difficult questions are going to come up and in no way is it an interrogation; it's people like Dr. Phil and others who are asking the important questions and trying to help.
I'm not familiar with Dr. P. outside of knowing who he is -- but I think he's intelligent enough to ask more than general questions and he'd get to the heart of the matter and ask the important inquiries ?

This is a good chance for Summer's parents to tell everything they know, firm up the timeline and have it vetted by LE, and hopefully it could lead to finding Summer herself.
We still don't know if she's alive or not ?

I sadly doubt it, but that's due to the time that's passed, and all of the LE attention to the case and yet they're seemingly still at square one.
Hope I'm wrong.

It's hard to be positive, but national attention to their case should be welcomed.
They should be grateful for this chance.
Maybe they are ?
Some missing children barely receive any press at all.
Imo.

Something that's bothered me about the scream story is that the neighbor didn't say anything about hearing a car engine before, during or after.

In a recent video DW posted on YT you can clearly hear the sound of a car or truck off in the distance so IMO it shows that cars can be heard driving in the area. I understand the people at the Wells house not paying attention to cars before they knew Summer was missing but if someone - the neighbor - specifically heard a scream then wouldn't they pause to listen?

Around 1:00.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members