AR AR - Morgan Nick, 6, Alma, 9 Jun 1995

I think you might be right. They probably have the answers.

I feel nervous about sending a tip or even an inquiry in too soon (I don't want to not be taken seriously in the future if it doesn't pan out).
Right now I am creating a small file about this lead so I can present all of the info. What I have found today (word of mouth only, still no reports) is that the police assumed the man wanted to get more time by going to trial, and never looked into it.
BUT Karl specifically asked for the death penalty for himself. He said "I want to die" and waived his rights in regards to his trial.
This doesn't sit right with me. He hasn't been fighting his date at all from what I can tell. I think he may have been trying to confess and it was dismissed without any real consideration.

I'll let y'all know what I find out.

Morgan’s mother, Colleen, welcomes any info or tips. I can assure you, they will be taken seriously. :).
I pray Colleen Nick gets answers and some type of closure regarding her daughter. She has worked endlessly when it comes to finding Morgan on top of advocating for other missing children here in Arkansas. ❤️

Morgan’s mother, Colleen, welcomes any info or tips. I can assure you, they will be taken seriously. :).
I pray Colleen Nick gets answers and some type of closure regarding her daughter. She has worked endlessly when it comes to finding Morgan on top of advocating for other missing children here in Arkansas. ❤️

In that case I will go ahead and send in an inquiry about it this weekend. Thank you for the reassurance. Their family deserves answers, justice, and as much peace as a person can find in a situation like this.

I'm sure some on this thread are aware of William D Taylor. He is doing a life sentence for sex crimes. He lived not far from Alma back in 1995. In the court records, his accuser stated that other adult men would be a part of the abuse. Does anyone know if those men were ever identified and or prosecuted? And as always, did any of them have a red pickup... ?

Also, I'm sure others on this thread have looked at Richard W. Davis. You may have noticed on his FBI poster that they did not publish what he drove in the 90s. The poster states what he drove in the 60s,70s, 80s and skips to 2000s. I'm not sure why that was omitted. Interestingly enough, he drove a "truck with sleeper cab" in the 2000s. I wish LE could use more standard terms in the vehicle descriptions. Does that mean pick up with a bed cap?

And the description of the pick up in the Nick case, the official poster describes a vehicle with "low wheel base" what does that mean? I know what short/long wheel base means. Has LE ever confirmed that the pick up in the most recent photo is a '87-95 Ford pickup? I mention that because the rounded arch of the wheel well excludes all 70s full size pick ups and excludes all other 80s model pick ups. Google up photos of pick ups from the 70s and 80s. the 87 and up Fords were the only ones that did not have wheel openings that flatten out at the top. The wrap around Tail light also confirms 80s Ford. Why don't they state that? I would think it was helpful.

Someone told me that "surely" LE had submitted the cigarette butts and bottles collected as evidence from the Nick scene for DNA evidence by now. I'm not so sure. In my experience, sometimes the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, when it come to large organizations. I'm not being critical with that statement. I know that there are thousands of leads that have been worked over the years, but I do wonder what has been overlooked. Case in point. I know that no LE body ever contacted neighbors of RWD that lived down the street from his family for over 2 decades. They had no idea that their deceased neighbor had popped up on the FBI radar. I would have thought they at least knock on the door and give the old "have you seen anything suspicious?' So, things get overlooked.

10-nick-1629411425629.jpg

SOURCE: MORGAN NICK FOUNDATION; NATIONAL CENTER FOR MISSING & EXPLOITED CHILDREN
In the 26 years since Morgan's disappearance, local police continue to make her case a priority and have followed up on leads in recent months. But all they've had to go on since the start are descriptions of a "creepy" man and a grainy photo of a red pickup.
morgan-nick-disappear-arkansas-missing-case-01-1620845455459.jpg

SOURCE: ALMA POLICE DEPARTMENT
A 6-year-old went missing in small-town Arkansas 26 years ago. Today, police continue to hunt for her abductor.

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — An Arkansas man who died in prison more than two decades ago is now being investigated as a person of interest in the disappearance of a girl who went missing in 1995, the FBI said Tuesday.

The FBI asked the public for more information about Billy Jack Lincks, 75, who died in prison in 2000 and had been arrested for attempting to abduct a girl months after 6-year-old Morgan Nick went missing. Lincks was serving a sentence for a 1996 conviction for sexual indecency with a child at the time of his death.

More at FBI wants info on dead prisoner in search for Arkansas girl

NOV 9, 2021
Mother of missing Morgan Nick still fighting to bring her home 26-years-later
[...]

“Morgan, at six years old her dream was to grow up to be a circus performer and a doctor,” Nick said. “She loved cats. She loved apples. She thought that bubble gum was a food group. You know, she was a first grader with her whole life in front of her.”

[...]

“Until someone can tell me that Morgan did not survive, then I'm going to fight every day for her to come home,” Nick said. “There’s a tremendous amount of truth and hope and encouragement in the fact that when Morgan was taken, the state of Arkansas stood up.”

More than two decades later, Nick said the same law enforcement agencies, friends and strangers who stood with them then, still stand with them today.

[...]

The FBI is now asking for help from the public to gain information on a potential lead they’ve considered for some time now.

They’re asking for information on Billy Jack Lincks, a man who was arrested two months after Morgan disappeared for the attempted abduction of a young girl in Van Buran County, just eight miles away from the same baseball fields Morgan was last seen.

Lincks died in prison in 2000—and the FBI wants anyone who knew him to give them a call.

79d15718-c6c2-4b2e-8dab-bc4ebfa4abbf-medium16x9_119BILLYLINKS.jpg

[...]

He is obviously their prime suspect however he would have been 70 when Morgan went missing, how do you mistake an elderly man for someone in their 20s or 30s as per witness descriptions?
Like I said somewhere else, although children are not very good at working out how old an adult is (which could be why the age range for Morgan's abductor is rather broad), they separate adults into 'parent age' or 'grandparent age'. I agree that it is incredibly unlikely for a child to mistake someone aged seventy for someone in their twenties or thirties, even if he sounded young and in bad lighting.

NOV 10, 2021
Person of interest in 1995 Arkansas missing child case could have ties to Tennessee | WKRN News 2
[...]

“We don’t have much information about his life, what he did, his activities. We believe that he was strongly connected to this case,” Hagan said.

Lincks died 21 years ago in prison while serving time for another attempted child abduction. Hagan says it happened just two months, and only a few miles, from where Morgan disappeared in 1995.

Now, Hagan says now the FBI needs the public’s help to piece together more about Lincks.

“People have ties in this region. Arkansas, Tennesee, Oklahoma. There are ties that extend beyond state borders and what we believe is that people in surrounding states, there’s somebody there that knows of Mr. Lincks,” Hagan said.

[...]

I can imagine a grandpa figure being able to lure a six year old child into their truck with the promise of candy or to see a puppy. I still cant get over the fact that two children and supposedly an adult or two seeing an elderly man as a 20 or 30 year old. But it feels like this is the end game now. I believe detectives have evidence against this man (perhaps for several years now) and have revealed his name as they are in the end game and just need to tidy a few things up before officially announcing him as the person responsible. Prayers launched toward Morgan and her family. This case will not have a happy ending, Morgan is dead and her body will likely not be found.

If they have a POI, they could hopefully at least search every property he owned (or lived at) meticulously. You never know.
My heart goes out to Morgan's family.

Man. The fact that they've publicly named a person of interest is huge. I want to know how they've been able to link him to this, apart from just the fact that he attempted a similar abduction later. I'm sure there were a few other similar offenders in the area. I though RWD was looking really good for this

What’s particularly horrifying to me, having come across this post for the first time, is how many serial abusers and killers could be connected with this case. There are far too many evil monsters out there preying on children.

Thinking of and praying for Morgan and her family. She’s out there somewhere and if she is dead, she deserves a proper funeral and a gravestone. As do her family.

It's possible there was more than one POI involved, I am very sorry to say.
Or that someone could disguise themself to appear a lot younger or older.
Or that they have narrowed it down to a few POIs but need more info. to try to solve it.
All JMO / speculation.
I hope the case comes together.

Hagan declined to say whether investigators have any evidence connecting Lincks to Nicks' disappearance. Authorities in 2017 searched an eastern Oklahoma property that had previously been searched in the case.

Colleen Nick, Morgan's mom, said she remained cautiously optimistic that the announcement could lead to finding her daughter.

"We have seen really, really good leads in the past eventually just fall apart and hasn't led us anywhere, but it's because of the incredible work by the multiagencies that are involved that they get through these leads and we keep working them," she said. "Because at the end of them is Morgan."

Lincks was raised in Crawford County in western Arkansas and returned to Van Buren in the 1970s after serving in the Army during World War II and working at Braniff Airlines in Dallas from 1962 until 1974, the FBI said. Lincks attempted to abduct a young girl in Van Buren at a location 8 miles from the baseball field where Morgan was taken, the FBI said.

"We know that there's people who have more information about him, who knew where he was during certain times of his life who can give information to us," Hagan said.
FBI investigates long-dead inmate in '95 abduction of Morgan Nick

Hi all :D. After years of watching this fascinating thread from the sidelines, I thought I'd finally create an account on here to contribute some interesting information I dug out myself, regarding Billy Jack Lincks.

On 29 August 1995, Lincks attempted to entice an 11 year old girl into his truck, outside a Sonic store in Van Buren, AR. This was just under 3 months after Morgan's disappearance. I managed to find a document of the 1996 court case in which he was successfully charged for this, and sentenced to 6 years in prison. I would have uploaded it here, but it is 288 pages long and thus far too large to do so.

That being said, having read it myself, here are my findings:

Evidence suggesting that Lincks was Morgan's abductor:

- Similar modus operandi: both cases involved red pick-up trucks; both suspects initially accosted children with questions; both victims blonde-haired blue-eyed girls.
- In a transcript of Lincks' interrogation by police, it is clear that he speaks with a "Hillbilly" type dialect. Same is said of suspect at Alma ballpark.
- Perhaps most compelling of all however is the girl's description of Lincks (before he was identified). She described him as "between 40 and 50," much younger than his age of 70. This means that it is not too implausible that he was the individual at Alma ballpark (described as between 23 and 38). I suspect Lincks grew facial hair to make his age more ambiguous. Lincks' hair was described as "gray and dark," matching the "salt and pepper" hair of the suspect in Morgan's case. He was also said to have "sad looking eyes," which I sort of see in one of the sketches of Morgan's alleged abductor.
- The sketch based on the girl's description of Lincks (before he was identified) also bears a striking resemblance to sketches of the suspect in Morgan's case:

20211117_000410.jpg

On the other hand, evidence that Lincks was not responsible:

- Lincks' vehicle was a Chevrolet, the one at Alma ballpark was allegedly a Ford (though he might have been borrowing the Ford at the time).
- Lincks was 5'8. The suspect at Alma ballpark was described as 6'0 (though understandable that young children would not have a great perception of height at that age).
- Lincks appeared to have been almost bald, whereas the suspect at Alma ballpark had a full head of hair. Lincks was wearing a hat during the attempted abduction in Van Buren, so unfortunately we cannot use the sketch for comparison. It was possible that he wore a hairpiece to obscure his age and identity but I feel that Morgan's abduction was somewhat "unplanned".

And those are my findings. Still not sure if Lincks was Morgan's abductor, primarily due to the age difference and hair, but that sketch definitely makes me think twice. The court case also states that Lincks was convicted in 1992 for similar offences. Perhaps if someone has a document about that case then we could gauge even more about this guy.

Hope my first post here was not too long! (or too boring!!)

Hi all :D. After years of watching this fascinating thread from the sidelines, I thought I'd finally create an account on here to contribute some interesting information I dug out myself, regarding Billy Jack Lincks.

On 29 August 1995, Lincks attempted to entice an 11 year old girl into his truck, outside a Sonic store in Van Buren, AR. This was just under 3 months after Morgan's disappearance. I managed to find a document of the 1996 court case in which he was successfully charged for this, and sentenced to 6 years in prison. I would have uploaded it here, but it is 288 pages long and thus far too large to do so.

That being said, having read it myself, here are my findings:

Evidence suggesting that Lincks was Morgan's abductor:

- Similar modus operandi: both cases involved red pick-up trucks; both suspects initially accosted children with questions; both victims blonde-haired blue-eyed girls.
- In a transcript of Lincks' interrogation by police, it is clear that he speaks with a "Hillbilly" type dialect. Same is said of suspect at Alma ballpark.
- Perhaps most compelling of all however is the girl's description of Lincks (before he was identified). She described him as "between 40 and 50," much younger than his age of 70. This means that it is not too implausible that he was the individual at Alma ballpark (described as between 23 and 38). I suspect Lincks grew facial hair to make his age more ambiguous. Lincks' hair was described as "gray and dark," matching the "salt and pepper" hair of the suspect in Morgan's case. He was also said to have "sad looking eyes," which I sort of see in one of the sketches of Morgan's alleged abductor.
- The sketch based on the girl's description of Lincks (before he was identified) also bears a striking resemblance to sketches of the suspect in Morgan's case:

View attachment 322451

On the other hand, evidence that Lincks was not responsible:

- Lincks' vehicle was a Chevrolet, the one at Alma ballpark was allegedly a Ford (though he might have been borrowing the Ford at the time).
- Lincks was 5'8. The suspect at Alma ballpark was described as 6'0 (though understandable that young children would not have a great perception of height at that age).
- Lincks appeared to have been almost bald, whereas the suspect at Alma ballpark had a full head of hair. Lincks was wearing a hat during the attempted abduction in Van Buren, so unfortunately we cannot use the sketch for comparison. It was possible that he wore a hairpiece to obscure his age and identity but I feel that Morgan's abduction was somewhat "unplanned".

And those are my findings. Still not sure if Lincks was Morgan's abductor, primarily due to the age difference and hair, but that sketch definitely makes me think twice. The court case also states that Lincks was convicted in 1992 for similar offences. Perhaps if someone has a document about that case then we could gauge even more about this guy.

Hope my first post here was not too long! (or too boring!!)

Excellent post!
I hope you will continue to post and adventure into other threads.
WELCOME to WS!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back