Identified! NV - Henderson, 'Arroyo Grande', WhtFem UP46, "S" tattoo, Oct'80 *GRAPHIC* #2 - Tammy Corrine Terrell

Thanks! So hard to keep track of all the wonderful genetic genealogy companies out there. I'm glad someone is on it. DNA Doe Project really did set the scene for so many of these companies and Doe IDs - starting with the ID of Marcia King it was a snowball effect!

Yes, DDP did. I have such high hopes for this case, too.

Just visiting this Case after the great news of Sherri Jarvis being Identified as the WCJD.

Seems like even in 1980 killers knew about DNA evidence. The fact the killer took the time to wash a corpse shows how fearful they were that law enforcement would get DNA from them off of her.

The exact science of DNA was not fully known in 1980. But a man's semen could identify his blood type. I remember reading about this from true crime books written in the mid to late 1980s, before knowledge of DNA was commonplace.

The exact science of DNA was not fully known in 1980. But a man's semen could identify his blood type. I remember reading about this from true crime books written in the mid to late 1980s, before knowledge of DNA was commonplace.

I think it might have started in the mid to late 1970s, otherwise Joseph DeAngelo wouldnt have been caught for the East Area rapes committed between 1976-1979.

She is very similar looking to Anita Anne Qvist who went missing the year before from California. I did not see her on the exclusion list.

I think they rather look alike as well.
Anita is however listed as 5'8'' (some other sources as 5'6'' /68 inches ) tall, and Jane Doe is more around 5'2'' to 5'5'' or something. However, I am not resting too hard on that difference, because even her missing-age appears to have varied in the past. That being said, there appears to be little details available around Anita's disappearance. The only thing that keeps appearing is that she went missing after (?) a family event in California in January 1979. It is where she was last seen.

A family member claims to have spoken to her in 1984, on the phone, maybe. It appears that it is overall considered a somewhat dubious lead since anyone could have been on the other end of that phonecall. Or the phonecall may not even have happened at all.

At the time of her disappearance, different sources list different ages, but they all seem to land between 13-15. Namus, Charley project, and Doe network now all list her as 15. But have in the past listed her as 13. In her websleuths thread, someone found an image of her as a freshman in 1978 (see below). Which would make her a few years older.
upload_2021-11-12_13-10-23.pngupload_2021-11-12_13-16-44.pngupload_2021-11-12_13-20-0.pngupload_2021-11-12_13-24-3.png
Reconstruction image by @Hedda193

There is a detail visible on Anita Qvist's photos that I feel is relevant to Jane Doe, aside the resemblance. Which is her jaw. In several images of Anita, you see it is somewhat crooked to one side. It was mentioned that Jane Doe , might, at some point, have had a broken/cracked jaw. [See @Bit of hope post containing some info from the autopsy report/text on this page here]

Anita was born the 12th Nov 1963
At the time of Jane Doe's death, she'd be around 16, almost 17, and fall within the range they put Jane Doe in. (They appear to believe she was between 17-18, but think she could have been a little older or younger, but put a wide age-range on the Jane Doe profiles)

I found, through the DoeNetwork, a few links pertaining to Jane Doe. One being this archive of her post-mortem photo and some stats they had given her at the time. Contains post mortem photo, you have been warned:Clark County Coroner Index

Here it lists her hair-colour as red. Other sources lists Arroyo's hair colour as, light brown, blonde, reddish. Anita, was strawberry blonde (according the various sources).

Sources:
Websleuth- Anita Qvist
Charley Project- Anita Qvist
Source still showing her as 13 (crimewatchers)
Namus- Anita Qvist
Missingin.org- Anita Qvist

Attachments

• upload_2021-11-12_13-8-7.png
    upload_2021-11-12_13-8-7.png
    394.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I think they rather look alike as well.
Anita is however listed as 5'8'' (some other sources as 5'6'' /68 inches ) tall, and Jane Doe is more around 5'2'' to 5'5'' or something. However, I am not resting too hard on that difference, because even her missing-age appears to have varied in the past. That being said, there appears to be little details available around Anita's disappearance. The only thing that keeps appearing is that she went missing after (?) a family event in California in January 1979. It is where she was last seen.

A family member claims to have spoken to her in 1984, on the phone, maybe. It appears that it is overall considered a somewhat dubious lead since anyone could have been on the other end of that phonecall. Or the phonecall may not even have happened at all.

At the time of her disappearance, different sources list different ages, but they all seem to land between 13-15. Namus, Charley project, and Doe network now all list her as 15. But have in the past listed her as 13. In her websleuths thread, someone found an image of her as a freshman in 1978 (see below). Which would make her a few years older.
View attachment 321548View attachment 321549View attachment 321550View attachment 321551
Reconstruction image by @Hedda193

There is a detail visible on Anita Qvist's photos that I feel is relevant to Jane Doe, aside the resemblance. Which is her jaw. In several images of Anita, you see it is somewhat crooked to one side. It was mentioned that Jane Doe , might, at some point, have had a broken/cracked jaw. [See @Bit of hope post containing some info from the autopsy report/text on this page here]

Anita was born the 12th Nov 1963
At the time of Jane Doe's death, she'd be around 16, almost 17, and fall within the range they put Jane Doe in. (They appear to believe she was between 17-18, but think she could have been a little older or younger, but put a wide age-range on the Jane Doe profiles)

I found, through the DoeNetwork, a few links pertaining to Jane Doe. One being this archive of her post-mortem photo and some stats they had given her at the time. Contains post mortem photo, you have been warned:Clark County Coroner Index

Here it lists her hair-colour as red. Other sources lists Arroyo's hair colour as, light brown, blonde, reddish. Anita, was strawberry blonde (according the various sources).

Sources:
Websleuth- Anita Qvist
Charley Project- Anita Qvist
Source still showing her as 13 (crimewatchers)
Namus- Anita Qvist
Missingin.org- Anita Qvist

My guess is...we will know soon who this lovely girl is....It has been to long....

My guess is...we will know soon who this lovely girl is....It has been to long....

It really has.

I snagged a photo from a video about Arroyo Grande Jane Doe.
upload_2021-11-12_15-40-57.pngupload_2021-11-12_15-42-37.png
This is her arm, that had the tattoo. The tattoo could br an S, some speculated it could be a 5.
Honestly I think the last part of it looks like an A. The first bit could be a C or I?
Opinions? Or U A? With the U in the back of the start of the A?

There is also clearly a white spot near it which could be a scar or skin-discolouration?

Source
Full size image:
7cf41426-f89f-4537-8044-5d2a15731dc9-ArroyoGrandeJaneDoetattoortarm.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think she's a publicly reported MP. Arroyo Grande Jane Doe was very distinctive-looking and IMO, neither Cecile nor Anita resemble her. She was also very petite. However, I wouldn't be surprised if she was from California and had connections to Nevada.

I don't think she's a publicly reported MP. Arroyo Grande Jane Doe was very distinctive-looking and IMO, neither Cecile nor Anita resemble her. She was also very petite. However, I wouldn't be surprised if she was from California and had connections to Nevada.

I thought Cecile did resemble her and she has never been ruled out. Cecile was 5'3" and weighed 105. Side note...she was connected to the "Sunburst Farms" group in Nevada which had a dark side.

I thought Cecile did resemble her and she has never been ruled out. Cecile was 5'3" and weighed 105. Side note...she was connected to the "Sunburst Farms" group in Nevada which had a dark side.

It's just my opinion, but I don't see it. I think AGJD will be ID'd through genetic genealogy and be someone none of us have ever heard of. The petite comment was more about Anita - Anita wasn't a large girl but she was a lot taller than AGJD.

What's up with Sunburst Farms?

It's just my opinion, but I don't see it. I think AGJD will be ID'd through genetic genealogy and be someone none of us have ever heard of. The petite comment was more about Anita - Anita wasn't a large girl but she was a lot taller than AGJD.

I agree that Anita on first glance appears too tall. The reported height varied a bit, age was reported in wrong and in some cases still is. So it just makes it feel like no one really knows for certain, and that a lot of the missing persons report could have errors in it when it comes to vital data.

But yes, so many kids were just never reported missing, files have been lost, persons not entered into manus and do on. I still hope they find out who she is.

I am also interested, tell us about sunburst farm?

Last edited:

BBM...Guest Post from Andrea: Cecile Frances Moch - CrimeBlogger1983

I hope you are correct about her being ID'd through genetic genealogy and yes, she may be someone we have never heard of.

Cecile's mother is still alive.

I know reported heights can be wrong, but 5'8 vs. 5'0-5'2 is too big of a discrepancy for me to personally overlook. I'm a 5'8 woman, and there is absolutely not a chance that anyone could possibly think I'm 5 feet tall if they found my body (unless it was skeletal, I suppose). JMO.

BBM...Guest Post from Andrea: Cecile Frances Moch - CrimeBlogger1983

I hope you are correct about her being ID'd through genetic genealogy and yes, she may be someone we have never heard of.

Cecile's mother is still alive.

Thank you!

bbm.

Reminds me of the case of Heidi Balch, a Rifkin victim who was identified in 2013. She was killed in 1989, but her aunt claimed she had been spotted in 1995 when reporting her missing in 2001, delaying the id by several years before DNA confirmed the match.

Heidi Balch's WS thread:
Identified! - NJ - Mercer Co., WhtFem 288UFNJ, 18-30, J. Rifkin Victim, Mar'89 - Heidi Balch

Thank you. That place does indeed sound shady to say at least.

Does this girl have dentals and such?

If you are referring to Cecile, she doesn't have DNA but I would think her dentals are available.

I was entertaining the idea that the tattoo was something else than an S, and tried to find something that looked similar
Thinking U, might be University, and A standing for the state, I tried finding the old logo for University of Arizona, since that is the closest. I found the old Arizona Wildcats logo.
upload_2021-11-14_13-5-17.png
upload_2021-11-12_15-42-37-png.321558

Attachments

• upload_2021-11-14_13-4-28.png
    upload_2021-11-14_13-4-28.png
    118.3 KB · Views: 3
I was entertaining the idea that the tattoo was something else than an S, and tried to find something that looked similar
Thinking U, might be University, and A standing for the state, I tried finding the old logo for University of Arizona, since that is the closest. I found the old Arizona Wildcats logo.
View attachment 321994

Wow that's kind of uncanny!

View attachment 321994

@Mireille What a very, very interesting find.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back