CA CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm not a lawyer, I've never been married or divorced, I'm as far as you can get from an expert on this subject. BUT, isn't it fairly typical for wild allegations to be thrown around in divorce/custody cases? Would the court docs actually substantiate these allegations?
I worked in family law. I wouldn’t say it’s typical, per se. But declarations are signed under the penalty of perjury and it behooves no one to lie. You are given the chance to tell your side of the story as well. I’ve found more commonly that when divorces are simple, they’re simple. If they’re going to be nasty, they’re super nasty. People can be egged on by their lawyers. It’s complicated, but people are complicated! There are usually kernels of truth in everything. I’m very uncomfortable with the discussion about the divorce stuff because I feel like people have made very extreme conclusions one way or the other and it’s just never that simple!

eta when there are dramatic situations that unfold in legal docs in family law, oftentimes the witnesses are children, other family members, teachers, etc. It can be really heartbreaking and traumatic for everyone involved, whether you’re on the “right” or “wrong” side.

Does anyone in here what possible scenarios would lead to one parent losing custody, say going from 50/50 to only a few hours a week only with supervision and no overnights? What possible reason could there be to change from the joint custody like that to so little custody for a few years?

Does anyone in here what possible scenarios would lead to one parent losing custody, say going from 50/50 to only a few hours a week only with supervision and no overnights? What possible reason could there be to change from the joint custody like that to so little custody for a few years?
suspected abuse or neglect usually. addiction.

Because they’re willing probably to do dirty things to get these papers (if they’re not public, which I’m not sure of - I’ve expressed before my distaste for the media trying to get their hands on family law files, especially with kids involved).

Maybe some parties to the case are willing to sell copies of them. Not very nice, but probably legal. I don't know who the parties are.

That’s what I thought but I wonder how this is proved in the courts?
My ex and I couldn't agree on custody either. The judge ordered a guardian ad litem, psych evals (including psychological testing) for both of us, drug tests via hair samples for both of us. The guardian ad litem dug into everything. And I do mean everything. Our respective homes, my child's daycare provider, pediatrician, criminal records, my military records. I had to sign dozens of release of information forms. Everything.

So I'm not a lawyer, I've never been married or divorced, I'm as far as you can get from an expert on this subject. BUT, isn't it fairly typical for wild allegations to be thrown around in divorce/custody cases? Would the court docs actually substantiate these allegations?
I'm sensitive to these type of allegations. Our son endured three years of literal torture at the hands of our ex DIL. The things she stated were completely untrue. She filed DV restraining orders and would then call and ask him to meet her somewhere so they could talk. The kids and their wellbeing meant nothing to her. It was surreal to watch, you literally didn't know what would come next. I remember thinking, how in heavens name does her attorney allow this stuff?

So if one were to pull the court filings in the divorce and custody cases, you would think My son is the worst guy in the world. He's far from that.

That’s what I thought but I wonder how this is proved in the courts?
Oftentimes, the court will appoint an unbiased third party (advocate/evaluator/guardian ad litem—state laws vary) to serve in the child’s best interest. This third party reviews pertinent documents related to custody, including local police records, observes parent-child interaction, interviews the parents together, individually, or both, observes the child with each parent and any siblings, evaluates all aspects of the child’s home life (parenting style and stability, the child’s daily routines and typical schedule at each home, etc), and collects relevant corroborating information from teachers, coaches, and other responsible adults that are familiar with the child, as permitted by law. Based on the information that is gathered, the appointed third party files a sealed report with the court and offers their opinion about what they believe is in the best interest of the child.

Maybe some parties to the case are willing to sell copies of them. Not very nice, but probably legal. I don't know who the parties are.
You can buy them straight from the LA County Court website. It gets pricey rather quickly ~1.00 a page. And there are over 300 pages.:eek:

ETA: And you cannot post them here even if you buy them. jmo

I just discovered this case today and haven't read the whole thing here so pardon me if this question has already been asked and answered. On the missing posters, it shows Heidi Planck with long blonde hair. The lady in the video walking the dog in front of Hope and Flower appears to have short black hair. Is LE sure it's the same person and not some strange woman who took the dog from her?

I just discovered this case today and haven't read the whole thing here so pardon me if this question has already been asked and answered. On the missing posters, it shows Heidi Planck with long blonde hair. The lady in the video walking the dog in front of Hope and Flower appears to have short black hair. Is LE sure it's the same person and not some strange woman who took the dog from her?
Her friends recognize her in that video, so we are trusting their judgment.

“Another friend, who didn't want her name used, added: "We know Heidi. We know her stride. She did not seem in distress. She was definitely walking casually the way she normally strides."” New Video Shows Missing Woman Walking Dog in Downtown LA Hours After Friends Last Saw Her

There are manipulative narcissistic people that will do anything to "win" custody. They don't have the child's best interest in mind and are motivated by revenge. Unfortunately they are good actors and I don't trust the courts to discern the true nature of these individuals. MOO

Why no pleas from her family??? JMO
I’m really not sure about this either. Maybe they know about other things going on that might lead them to suspect certain other possibilities that don’t involve ex family or work.

edited because my tone was not very nice (sigh. TGIF)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member