Found Deceased OH - Joni Davis, 55 & Brian Goff, 64, St. Clairsville, 10 June 2018 *found deceased 2021*

Bumping!
this article came out January 12, 2020
Martins Ferry couple still missing after 18 months
my first impression is that they would be found in water since the car is also missing, however, the article indicates that the Jefferson County Sheriff believes it was foul play.

Ended up in water and foul play are not mutually exclusive I guess. I am still leaning toward misadventure/ ended up in water.

Now three years since Joni and Brian went missing. Wish police and prosecutors would convene a grand jury if they feel there's person(s) of interests, and evidence of any kind. These vulnerable people deserve to be found and families to have full answers.

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 / 05:54 PM EDT / Updated: Jun 11, 2021 / 07:09 AM EDT
“BELMONT COUNTY, Ohio (WTRF) -It’s been over three years, a Belmont County couple, 64-year-old Brian Goff and 56-year-old Joni Davis disappeared without a trace.

[SBM]

Their phone was pinged that night for the last time in the Rush Run area of Jefferson County.

The FBI has now opened its own case file on their disappearance. Forensic interviews are reportedly coming up in the near future.

7News will revisit the case in more detail on Friday.”

Video at the link
Three years missing: Goff and Davis | WTRF

A new article/video tonight. Link: Missing persons case expands to Jefferson County

Article also mentions possible foul play....

Googlemaps link from Pizza Hut Martin's Ferry to Rayland (which is where north bound 7 heads): Google Maps

Anyone local that would know how easy it would be to drive into the Ohio River?

I'm not feeling very good about a positive outcome. :(

I grew up in the area. It could happen but not as easily as one might imagine.

FBI searching for missing Ohio man, woman last seen 3 years ago

July 8 2021
The FBI’s Cincinnati Field Office is asking for the public’s help in locating a missing man and woman who were last seen on June 20, 2018.

According to the FBI, Brian E. Goff and Joni D. Davis were last seen leaving the Pizza Hut in St. Clairsville in a 1990 blue, four-door Oldsmobile 88 with Ohio license plate EYA 7284.

Neither has been seen nor heard from since.

Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Goff and Davis are asked to contact their local FBI office, or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate.

Car and bodies of missing Belmont County couple are discovered | WTRF

The car and the bodies of the two missing persons, Joni Davis and Brian Goff, were discovered by divers in the Ohio River in the early hours of Thursday morning.

Their bodies were reportedly inside the car, with their seat belts still on.
Happy for the family and friends that the bodies have been recovered.

From the news link -- information seems to be all over the place beginning with not even waiting for positive identification from the coroner before making the announcement.

Also:

The couple disappeared on June 10, 2018, after eating dinner at the St. Clairsville Pizza Hut.

In the days afterward, it became apparent that they’d been the victims of foul play.

Is this really foul play? A criminal investigation?

Guess I'd better read more about who wanted them dead.

I'm so grateful for these divers known for solving cold cases and posting their work on YouTube. #Respect!

MOO

Ended up in water and foul play are not mutually exclusive I guess. I am still leaning toward misadventure/ ended up in water.
I tend to agree.

The Sheriff's comment (CrimeStoppers video) and/or basis for foul play is not clear to me. So the person of interest was the last known contact?

I think I'd like to know more about the point of entry to the water now that bodies recovered versus pointing fingers but maybe I'm missing something...

Could have been a medical event that caused the driver to hit the water.

Most Pizza Huts serve alcohol -- what did the last meal include?

RIP Joni & Brian.

MOO

[Sheriff] Abdalla says foul play is suspected and people who’ve been questioned have failed stress and lie detector tests.
^^rsbm

The couple certainly deserves justice if they were victims of homicide but there's also a good reason why polygraphs are not admissible in court.

It's a somewhat bittersweet ending. o_O

From the link:

It's improbable that Joni could have survived the last year without her anti-seizure medication, Jackie Davis said. And she remains puzzled why Goff would have driven north toward Jefferson County that evening. He hated driving at night. And unfailingly, he would drive to the same gas station after supper to buy a pack of cigarettes and then to Arby's, where he would pick up an iced tea to take home to Joni.

I have terrible night vision! Perhaps a reasonable explanation as to how they ended up in the water.

Suicide?

Victims were found still in their seat belts.

I don't think this a carjacking.

OK, patiently waiting for the medical examiner's report.

Little hope left for missing Ohio couple in year-old case

Feels like murder/suicide to me. Some circumstantial evidence of it might could also appear to suggest foul play - like bank accounts emptied for example or dog shot etc etc.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stawon31
Back