Identified! NV - Henderson, 'Arroyo Grande', WhtFem UP46, "S" tattoo, Oct'80 *GRAPHIC* #2 - Tammy Corrine Terrell

I don't know where the university was in 1980.but when I did a generic search for it today, it gave a position a little less than 3 hours from Henderson, Nevada.

I don't know where the university was in 1980.but when I did a generic search for it today, it gave a position a little less than 3 hours from Henderson, Nevada.

It appears it mainly today is in Tucson which is almost 6 hours away. Tucson is also home to Arizona wiødcats

I was entertaining the idea that the tattoo was something else than an S, and tried to find something that looked similar
Thinking U, might be University, and A standing for the state, I tried finding the old logo for University of Arizona, since that is the closest. I found the old Arizona Wildcats logo.
View attachment 321994
upload_2021-11-12_15-42-37-png.321558

Nice find! I wonder if there's a missing person case from the University of Arizona, perhaps she went there.

I was entertaining the idea that the tattoo was something else than an S, and tried to find something that looked similar
Thinking U, might be University, and A standing for the state, I tried finding the old logo for University of Arizona, since that is the closest. I found the old Arizona Wildcats logo.
View attachment 321994

That is a good find indeed! I personally thought it looked more like a 5 (depending on the angle, even more so than an S) but now that you pointed out that A logo, it seems more plausible.

I been trying to figure out where they had their campuses in 1980, and if they had any, uh, other locations within the state.
Also found some yearbooks from the university but the images are not, really, high quality, some are in rather poor lighting.
Yearbooks

That is a good find indeed! I personally thought it looked more like a 5 (depending on the angle, even more so than an S) but now that you pointed out that A logo, it seems more plausible.

I thought it looked like an unfinished 8, which made no sense, or even a failed dollar sign. That logo though, that's very close. There appears to be a gap inbetween logo versions, since I found one from the 70s ( the one who appeared similar) and then later one in the 1990s. There are also some U of A logos with the A superimposed in front of the U floating about, but that was on t-shirts and I can not find it being an official logo of the uni.

View attachment 321994

Brilliant thought!

I had never seen that before. Very informative. I know Stephen Peter Morin was mentioned, but I'm still not discounting the possibility of it being DV.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

There have been SO many Does ID'd this whole year! Off the top of my head...
  • Pamela Buckley as Sumter County Jane Doe
  • James Freund as Sumter County John Doe
  • Evelyn Colon as Beth Doe
  • Veronica Wiederhold as Mount Vernon Jane Doe
  • Gordon Sanderson as Septic Tank Sam
  • Margaret Fetterolf as Woodlawn Jane Doe
  • Sherry Jarvis as Walker County Jane Doe
  • ...and now, ???? as Arroyo Grande Jane Doe.
Something VERY interesting (IMO) about this list is how, with the exception of Veronica and Gordie, all these Does were thought to have come from a specific place, and came from somewhere COMPLETELY different. This really opens me up to the idea that AGJD could have been from anywhere in the country, but I'm guessing she was from California.
  • Pamela Buckley was thought to be a French Canadian woman running away with her boyfriend. In reality, she was a Minnesota folk singer/beauty queen who ran away from Colorado after a divorce.
  • James Freund was thought to be a wealthy French Canadian doctor's son running away after a dispute with his father. In reality, he was a pretty average, middle-class military guy from Pennsylvania.
  • Evelyn Colon, most notably, was thought to be a young pregnant woman from Europe (!!!), maybe an au pair or mail order bride. In reality, she was a Puerto Rican teenage girl from New Jersey (!!!).
  • Margaret Fetterolf was thought to be a Puerto Rican teenager from Jamaica Plain, Boston. In reality, she was a half-white, half-Japanese teenage runaway from Virginia.
  • Sherry Jarvis was thought to be from Aransas Pass or Rockport, Texas. In reality, she was a teenage runaway who escaped Minnesota state custody, and spent time in Wisconsin and Colorado.

Last edited by a moderator:
V

There have been SO many Does ID'd this whole year! Off the top of my head...
  • Pamela Buckley as Sumter County Jane Doe
  • James Freund as Sumter County John Doe
  • Evelyn Colon as Beth Doe
  • Veronica Wiederhold as Mount Vernon Jane Doe
  • Gordon Sanderson as Septic Tank Sam
  • Margaret Fetterolf as Woodlawn Jane Doe
  • Sherry Jarvis as Walker County Jane Doe
  • ...and now, ???? as Arroyo Grande Jane Doe.
Something VERY interesting (IMO) about this list is how, with the exception of Veronica and Gordie, all these Does were thought to have come from a specific place, and came from somewhere COMPLETELY different. This really opens me up to the idea that AGJD could have been from anywhere in the country, but I'm guessing she was from California.
  • Pamela Buckley was thought to be a French Canadian woman running away with her boyfriend. In reality, she was a Minnesota folk singer/beauty queen who ran away from Colorado after a divorce.
  • James Freund was thought to be a wealthy French Canadian doctor's son running away after a dispute with his father. In reality, he was a pretty average, middle-class military guy from Pennsylvania.
  • Evelyn Colon, most notably, was thought to be a young pregnant woman from Europe (!!!), maybe an au pair or mail order bride. In reality, she was a Puerto Rican teenage girl from New Jersey (!!!).
  • Margaret Fetterolf was thought to be a Puerto Rican teenager from Jamaica Plain, Boston. In reality, she was a half-white, half-Japanese teenage runaway from Virginia.
  • Sherry Jarvis was thought to be from Aransas Pass or Rockport, Texas. In reality, she was a teenage runaway who escaped Minnesota state custody, and spent time in Wisconsin and Colorado.

Great summery @Springrain THX Proves we should always keep thinking out of the box.....There were also a lot n/a. If there is anything left from the sperm dna...I sure hope they give it to @othram, they managed to get a DNA trail from the smallest amount ever in history. Las Vegas murder case cracked with smallest ever amount of DNA

Last edited:
The piece of the shower curtain makes me wonder if she was attacked from behind in the shower. Wasn't she attacked with the pronged object in the back of her head? I wonder if she was clutching the shower curtain and as a result, tore it when she fell from blood loss. Just a thought.

The piece of the shower curtain makes me wonder if she was attacked from behind in the shower. Wasn't she attacked with the pronged object in the back of her head? I wonder if she was clutching the shower curtain and as a result, tore it when she fell from blood loss. Just a thought.

I think it was used to wrap her up to carry her.

I think that she might have been attacked while showering.

I think it was used to wrap her up to carry her.

I don't think so, because it was a pretty small piece. Imo, it looks the right size for her to have ripped a chunk out. Pic is attached.

Attachments

• ArroyoShowerCurtain.jpg
    ArroyoShowerCurtain.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 38

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members