NY NY - Brooklyn Brdg, BlkFem 15-35 (30-50), UP83746, piercings, ARJK/ARIK, KYRON, & leaf tatts, Aug'21

Boost, because the NY Traffic Cam staff decided to not follow through with my request, leaving us with more unanswered questions and a family missing their loved one.

(SBM)

To clarify: Was the request submitted to the StreetWatch organization (linked in a previous post), to the NYC traffic camera agency (whatever it would properly be called), or some other entity?

Edit to Add:
StreetWatch = StreetWatch.live
an official trafcam agency = nyctmc.org

StreetWatch does note that they: "will only be responding to requests involving police misconduct, and currently [their] archive is limited to cameras in Manhattan and Brooklyn".

Last edited:
Saw this earlier this morning and can’t remember whether we ruled out Saniyya Dennis who has been missing since April and may have “traveled to Yonkers”, which is like, aprox half an hour from the city. She looks a lot like JD even though we know they had estimated that she was older - everything about her Namus seems a little sketchy, and in my mind anything is possible and we shouldn’t rule anyone out who hasn’t been.

RSBM

while I can't be 100% sure, none of the missing posters/info for Saniyya Dennis mention any kind of tattoos or piercings. None of the photos circulating around show tattoos at all, either.

NY - NY - Saniyya Dennis, 19, SUNY College Student, Buffalo, 24 Apr 2021

Is there much chance of an individual, who was reported Missing as a minor, being identified (whether alive, or recently deceased) as a mature adult, decades later?

Looking through NY Missing Persons on NAMUS, there seemed to be several apparent similarities between the Brooklyn Jane Doe and Sharaun Taree Cole (Missing Person / NamUs #MP5960).

The height (according to the 6" variable proposed by another websleuth) and weight are about the same. Current age is around the same, too. There seemed to be similarities in facial shape, nose, dentition, etc..

Is there much chance of an individual, who was reported Missing as a minor, being identified (whether alive, or recently deceased) as a mature adult, decades later?

Looking through NY Missing Persons on NAMUS, there seemed to be several apparent similarities between the Brooklyn Jane Doe and Sharaun Taree Cole (Missing Person / NamUs #MP5960).

The height (according to the 6" variable proposed by another websleuth) and weight are about the same. Current age is around the same, too. There seemed to be similarities in facial shape, nose, dentition, etc..

Hi and welcome @NYanon I wouldn't say it's totally impossible, stranger things have happened, but the chances are slim IMO. In Sharaun's case this would mean she was abducted from a park in the New York City borough of Manhattan in 1983, was "kept" for a long time, probably got children of her own (at least that is my idea about the name tattoos, but giving birth isn't in the stats for Jane Doe), grew up to be 51 and then committed suicide. There are cases where an abducted child, raised like an own child, later in life discovered he/she was a missing child, but this were much younger children. Sharaun was "already" 12, so she would know that things were off. I'm afraid this sweet girl didn't make it long after her missing date.

RSBM

while I can't be 100% sure, none of the missing posters/info for Saniyya Dennis mention any kind of tattoos or piercings. None of the photos circulating around show tattoos at all, either.

NY - NY - Saniyya Dennis, 19, SUNY College Student, Buffalo, 24 Apr 2021

Maybe I didn't explain it good enough when I posted about Saniyya Dennis. My believe is that Saniyya took her own life elsewhere and is not this UID. All reports point to that, although her family still believe she is alive. It's a sad story

‘Shock, disbelief and betrayal’: Family of Saniyya Dennis refutes DAs suicide allegations - New York Amsterdam News

A K9 search last Friday in the area tracked Dennis to Luna Island, which is located between the American Falls and Bridal Veil Falls waterfalls.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome @NYanon I wouldn't say it's totally impossible, stranger things have happened, but the chances are slim IMO. In Sharaun's case this would mean she was abducted from a park in the New York City borough of Manhattan in 1983, was "kept" for a long time, probably got children of her own (at least that is my idea about the name tattoos, but giving birth isn't in the stats for Jane Doe), grew up to be 51 and then committed suicide. There are cases where an abducted child, raised like an own child, later in life discovered he/she was a missing child, but this were much younger children. Sharaun was "already" 12, so she would know that things were off. I'm afraid this sweet girl didn't make it long after her missing date.

Hello, and thank you for your welcome, Bit of hope. While I don't disagree with the scenario you've mentioned, nor do I disagree with the unlikelihood of Sharaun as the Doe here, I would like to offer an alternate scenario, which is more of what I had in my mind when I considered whether or not there could even be a slight possibility of connexion:

Twelve years old, while still young, isn't necessarily 'too young' for a person to survive 'on the streets'. I'm definitely not saying I recommend it as a lifestyle choice. What I mean is survival is possible -- as opposed to a very young child who would be more completely dependent upon a caregiver of any kind, just to stay alive. I didn't mean to suggest that the MP would have had to have been de facto 'adopted' by an abductor, so much as it's possible -- especially if the two later sightings are true -- that she became tangled up in life away from home, however it may have occurred. A second possibility, given the wide age range for Brooklyn Jane Doe, could be that Sharaun did in fact give birth to a daughter, who could be Doe.

I'm not arguing any strong likelihood. There was something about the face that seemed similar enough to give good consideration. That (even very slight) possibility led me to wonder about whether or not such outcomes have occurred.

Thinking about what we know of Brooklyn Doe, would her manner of death have made it difficult to ascertain whether or not she had given birth? It seems possible the tattooed names, in addition to possibly being children (whether her own, or other close loved ones, like those of niece, nephew, children of a partner) could also be the names of friends or lovers. (Really, since tattoos are so personal, they could be anything from the names of animal companions to characters from the literary world, to names she just liked, and countless additional possibilities).

I was on Instagram and I follow a NYC missing persons page. A post of a missing woman, Shimea Duncan came up and I couldn't help but see the similarities between the two. I tried to comment on her cousins post about tattoos/piercings. The height/weight are close. The face shape are both ovalish heart shape. The nose structure is a little different...might be wrong, there are very knowledgable people on this post about these specifics. Let me know what your thoughts are.

Shimea's Cousins post
Shimea's Facebook
Update: I see the differences in face and teeth. This is unfortunately not her in my opinion but I had a moment where I believed they had similarities. My mistake.

Last edited:
Also - sorry to double post, but it appears someone has made a Facebook page of her. I don't know if it was anyone on here, but I am thankful.

DOUBLE EDIT: I found a Tiktok from the incident. I'm speechless that I hadnt discovered this yet.

Good find @ChloeA13 ! I know there is a video of her walking onto the bridge. There she is definitely not wearing black leggings & a T-shirt. Could the hospital have cut of the clothes she was wearing and provided her with other clothes, before she died, instead of a hospital gown. Never heard of this...

Could she have been growing out a 'mohawk' hairstyle?

The clothing discrepancy, as Bit of hope said, continues to seem odd. It might be some type of error.

Edit to add: Could the mark on/near outer right eyebrow be from piercing? Piercings other than the visible left eyebrow jewelry had been mentioned -- are there any further thoughts about the possibility of Brooklyn Doe having had additional piercings at some time?

Last edited:
Could she be Keirra (Kierra) Stubbs? The height is off with two inches. No mentioning of tattoos. She has a "fuller" face on the pictures, but she might have lost weight. I believe she has a son and a daughter. Poor babies, having to miss their mother. That wouldn't match with the name tattoos, IMO, but then they could mean anything.

#justiceforkeirra - Explore
Kierra Stubbs – The Charley Project

Poor Keirra. I don't think she chose to leave her life. I don't think she is our Jane Doe. Justice for Keirra.
(Edited to sound nicer.)

Dear Jane Doe, rest in peace now. May you have your name back soon.

Could she be Keirra (Kierra) Stubbs? The height is off with two inches. No mentioning of tattoos. She has a "fuller" face on the pictures, but she might have lost weight. I believe she has a son and a daughter. Poor babies, having to miss their mother. That wouldn't match with the name tattoos, IMO, but then they could mean anything.

It possibly could be, but I don't think Brooklyn J.D. is her. I do not think Keirra lived for long after her disappearance.

upload_2022-1-28_7-45-36.jpeg

New sketch released of Brooklyn Bridge Jane Doe found on Aug 18 in New York City by forensic artist Hew Morrison. Do You Recognize Her or any of her tattoos?
===
#NewYork - Police are asking the public’s help identifying a mystery woman who leapt to her death from the Brooklyn Bridge.

A passing driver recorded cellphone video of the woman walking alongside a Manhattan-bound lane of traffic on the iconic bridge before she jumped about 9 p.m. Aug. 18. She landed on the ground by a bridge pillar and died at the scene, police said.

Police released that video Wednesday along with a police sketch of the woman. She had no ID on her and no one has come forward to identify her.

Police are asking the public’s help determining her identity.
She is described as Black, about 30, 5-foot-2 and 105 pounds with brown eyes and brown hair. She had an eyebrow ring on her left eyebrow, a tattoo with unknown lettering on her left hand and a tattoo with the letters “ARJK” on her left arm.

She was wearing tie-dye colored pants and a matching tank top.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.

Previous post about the case - Log in or sign up to view

Just came across this mp cannot find further update atm but the pic. looked similar so posting just in case.
Ethiopian woman missing in Quebec | CBC News
July 7, 2011
''Laval Police are looking for an Ethiopian woman who disappeared Monday from a home in the city.
Netsanet Asfaw Tasew, 31, was working as a nanny for a family from Saudi Arabia that is staying with relatives in Quebec for a wedding.''
''she is 1.65 metres, or five feet, four inches, tall and weighs about 120 pounds''.
Ethiopian woman gone missing in Canada | Ethiopiaforums.com

Netsanet Asfaw Tasew

The day she went missing the family left Tasew alone with the family’s children and when the parents returned she was gone.

Just came across this mp cannot find further update atm but the pic. looked similar so posting just in case.
July 7, 2011
''Laval Police are looking for an Ethiopian woman who disappeared Monday from a home in the city.
Netsanet Asfaw Tasew, 31, was working as a nanny for a family from Saudi Arabia that is staying with relatives in Quebec for a wedding.''
''she is 1.65 metres, or five feet, four inches, tall and weighs about 120 pounds''.

Netsanet Asfaw Tasew

The day she went missing the family left Tasew alone with the family’s children and when the parents returned she was gone.

Horrible story! JMO, I don't think they are the same person, but worth mentioning and there is a resemblance. She would be 41/42 in 2021.

July 7, 2011

Netsanet Asfaw Tasew

I have to say it: wealthy families from that part of the world are known for mistreating and even killing their staff, especially those from developing countries, and especially women.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back