Found Safe GA - Blaise Barnett, 1, sitting in car when stolen, later found abandoned, Clarkston, 10 Nov 2021

It seems they haven't said how the three are related.

The deceased is a resident of the apartment complex where the van was found abandoned.

The two charged with murder have a very familiar last name. May be a coincidence.

I must be missing something.
What’s the deal with the “very familiar last name”?

I’m still confused. How are they linked? Are the 2 charged with murder related to Blaise and did the think the victim is the one who took the baby?

I am not completely unconfused but we now know they were arguing and I assume about something related to the abduction amd car theft. It does not seem like the shooters were trying to shake the person they killed down for the child. Heck, maybe I am more confused than I originally thought. :p

wow.... this just keeps getting worse, murdering some innocent man bacause they thought he took the car and blaise? ... even if he did why kill him? the car was undamaged and the baby returned safely... there is something very wrong with that picture

wow.... this just keeps getting worse, murdering some innocent man bacause they thought he took the car and blaise? ... even if he did why kill him? the car was undamaged and the baby returned safely... there is something very wrong with that picture
I don't think that was the issue. The media has said there's no evidence the murdered man was involved in the kidnapping of the baby.

It appears this was some issue that arose, apart from the kidnapping, when the aunt and uncle were on the property of the condo complex that caused them to murder this 60 year old man.

how did this uncle and aunt know to show up around that complex? Were there other searchers there as well, or did they just "know" they needed to be at the complex "around midnight" ?
How did the car thief find the keys in the cup holder in the dark? Did he keep Blaise overnight before finding another unlocked vehicle the next day? Why didn’t anyone hear him crying?

There are more questions than answers in this case.

how did this uncle and aunt know to show up around that complex? Were there other searchers there as well, or did they just "know" they needed to be at the complex "around midnight" ?
This murder occurred at the complex where the stolen van was found, 12 hours after it was found and before baby Blaise was located at a completely different location. This adult brother and sister pair were there on site with a lot of other family and friends searching for Blaise because that was the location of the stolen vehicle. It appears, completely unrelated, this brother and sister murdered this man for some undisclosed but unrelated reason.

Here's the story. Posted by Ciara Cummings a reporter, on CBS 46 Facebook page.

Apparently the aunt and uncle of Blaise were there with a group of family members searching for Blaise at midnight, knocking on doors, when Aziz Hassan called the cops and eventually shot at them for stealing rims off his car. It's not clear whether they were actually stealing his rims, but that was his belief. They shot him back, according to this story, and killed him.

So what is this place…an offshoot of the Wild West? People get shot at for stealing rims? There’s a fatal gun battle over…rims? Gracious.
So we get a rare feel-good ending to a child abduction now tainted by this senseless tragedy.
I think more will come out. There's a news story that the link is somehow messed up so I can't copy it here. The family, at around midnight, was going door to door banging on people's apartments demanding to be let in to search for the baby. No police presence, according to the residents. It seems likely this man was scared and they were trying to get into his apartment, and he mistakenly (or not) believed they had been seen trying to steal his rims. The news stories state the man was dead in his apartment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back