TX TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, found deceased, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

Have the Dallas PD ever said outright that Alan was murdered or was the victim of foul play?

I find it interesting that his brother states, “we really want to know what is the cause of his demise" in the MSN article above.
“It is a point of closure, but I believe, I even made a Facebook post about it, but full closure will come when I’m sitting in a Dallas courtroom and whoever has done this is having to answer for what he’s done,” said Tim.

Dallas police have not made any arrests. The investigation remains ongoing.

“Detective Eric Barnes has been top notch,” Tim said. “The case is by no means a cold case.”

1 year later: Family offering $20K reward on anniversary of disappearance, death of Dallas businessman

Well, Tim also says the above. So I assume the family at least thinks he was murdered. Did LE share something that makes them think this way?

Have the Dallas PD ever said outright that Alan was murdered or was the victim of foul play?

I find it interesting that his brother states, “we really want to know what is the cause of his demise" in the MSN article above.
Haven't heard police characterize it as homicide. But Alan White's brother Tim effectively has. From the same MSN piece: “It is a point of closure, but I believe, I even made a Facebook post about it, but full closure will come when I’m sitting in a Dallas courtroom and whoever has done this is having to answer for what he’s done,” said Tim.

Snipped from the Dallas Voice article posted

But as a result of the autopsy, police began calling the case a homicide rather than a missing person case and, later, an unexplained death.

When did they change it to an unexplained death I wonder?
That jumped out to me!

Snipped from the Dallas Voice article posted

But as a result of the autopsy, police began calling the case a homicide rather than a missing person case and, later, an unexplained death.

When did they change it to an unexplained death I wonder?
That jumped out to me!

The way I understand this is :
+ Classified as a Missing Person before body was discovered
+ Classified as Unexplained Death after body was discovered, prior to autopsy results
+ Discussed as “homicide” post autopsy results

Given the autopsy results haven’t given a (public) cause / manner of death, I would doubt there has been an official change in classification to Homicide. That said, it could be (MOO) that the unreleased results of the autopsy provide enough evidence for LE to unofficially consider Alan’s death a homicide.

Again, these are just my own opinions based on what’s been stated.

I recently discovered Alan's thread and have tried to read all the posts since the beginning. I have learned so much and thanks to everyone for the meticulous research, it has helped me to try and catch up.
His case is so sad and resonates, especially thinking about how hard the Thanksgiving holiday must have been for his family and friends.
He sounds like an all around great guy-- loyal, smart, and well loved.

A couple things that stood out to me:

1) Crime of opportunity: It seemed like he was in "errand mode" that morning, just trying to knock a few things off his to do list before the conference call at 7:00. I know his niece said he had already done his grocery shopping for the week, but he could well have realized they were running short on something for breakfast--like OJ or milk for example. Thus his going into the Racetrack store to look around. Then once he got into his car, he drove away from the pumps and spent a few minutes googling the closest convenience store ( or donut shot, etc). That would explain why he did not take the expected route home. Maybe he was approached in his car, or "bumped" as some have surmised and then became the victim of a car jacking/kidnapping/robbery. Who knows what state the perpetrator might have been in--hopped up on drugs, desperate, or whatever and the interaction went south. Maybe Alan had a medical emergency during the altercation. He looked so fit and trim, but could have had hidden heart problems. I read his brother had recently passed away--heart disease does run in some families. In this scenario though, why didn't they take his phone? Were they just rattled or couldn't find it? (if he had tucked it in the center console)

2) Targeted: Or maybe he was targeted at his gym and followed, maybe due to his sexual orientation. He could have been the target of a hate crime. That would tie in with the way in which his car and body were dumped. They didn't even take his phone. That makes sense if the primary motive was hate and not robbery.

3) Assignation: Sometimes highly motivated, driven individuals indulge in risky behaviors for the adrenaline rush. I see no indication of this in his background, and it doesn't seem to fit Alan (to me) , but feel like it should be considered, if only for the sake of elimination. this would include addiction of any kind. And I pass NO judgment if these were involved. Addiction is an illness. Against this theory is the fact his phone was left in the car. If he had an assignation with someone, it seems they would want to remove his phone which would contain apps, texts, etc.

<modsnip>

5) Self Harm. Again, no stigma attached to this in any way. this one does not resonate with me as much. For one: I don't think he would have been familiar with the area he was found in. I don't know why he would have chosen it for his final moments. Just based on what I have read.

6) The location he was found in can be used to geographically profile his killer. Do they live in or have contacts in the area? Have they used this as a dumping ground before? Maybe they work at the college? Sometimes perps leave their prey close by so they can monitor any possibility of discovery.

Anyway, I wanted to add my two cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like the case has been forgotten. Absolutely no news in some time. Hope the old saying "no news is good news" applies here?

I think that saying applies only when someone is missing, unfortunately.

I hope his husband & family (I believe his niece was here for a period?) are managing - holidays can be tough.

Well, got a response from the office of the Texas Attorney General, who said what I was expecting - they cannot share information. However, this does at least confirm the case is still open, and his autopsy has been completed. Also, it mentions it, but I have not received the email correspondence from the office of Detective Barnes yet- if I do receive it I'll share it as well.
View attachment 315289
A reminder that autopsy and forensic testing on Alan was completed before the end of September- imo they have a COD (even if they ran into a finding of inconclusive) but they are not sharing it publicly. I don't even know if I can use the fact that his case is assigned to the Homicide Unit as clue; we've spoken about this in the past but the 'Homicide' Unit also deals with suicides, natural deaths, unexplained deaths, etc. Very frustrating, especially since it sounds like his family is as much in the dark as the rest of us :confused:

btw, I'm aware that DallasVoice back in Oct said "But as a result of the autopsy, police began calling the case a homicide rather than a missing person case and, later, an unexplained death", but I'm taking that with a grain of salt because I have not seen any other MSM come to this conclusion, and it's paraphrased, not quoted directly from LE.
I believe that they probably got confused, along with the rest of us, when AWs case was assigned to Homicide so they came to an unfounded conclusion, and then got 'corrected' when they spoke to the LGBT liaison and she referred to it as unexplained.

I keep looking at the thread heading, hoping to see "Arrest" but alas nothing.
After selling the house I thought the reward would be much higher.
MOO
Well, we don't know how much, if any, profit was made on the sale of the house or how much of the sales proceeds were needed for the new place. We also know that the husband went from a two income household to a one income household so there may not have been excess money to add to a reward.

Not to mention the fact large rewards often invite lots of crazy people to submit tips.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaye 502
Back