Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Heidi Planck, 39, Reported Missing From Downey After Failing To Pick Up Son From School

The family of Heidi Planck said they last saw her 11 days ago on Oct. 17 in the 7800 block of Gardendale Street, according to LAPD.

Planck’s ex-husband said Planck left their son’s football game at halftime, adding that she seemed distracted. In a bizarre turn, three hours later, in Downtown LA, her dog was found on the 28th floor of an apartment building. Planck, her silver Range Rover, her purse, her personal phone and computer, were all gone.

Planck is white, 5-feet-3 inches tall and weighs about 120 pounds, with blond hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing jeans and a gray sweater driving a 2017 gray Range Rover with a black-and-yellow California license plate of U840X0.

Culver-City-Mother-2.png

CA - Heidi Planck,39,left son’s game,dog found, Los Angeles,17 Oct 2021*MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE*No discussion

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

Last edited:
Mod Note:

I must say my head is still spinning from trying to wrap my mind around so many moving parts as it relates to Heidi's life and what has surfaced. Therefore, I can absolutely see where the gray areas might be in trying to discuss this case. Here is the skinny as it relates to the rules:

-Do not sleuth individuals not named a victim or POI/Suspect. So basically - the only individual approved for sleuthing at this time is Heidi
-You can however discuss what is published in MSM regarding Heidi's business associates, etc. Use initials only and do not expand the discussion scope beyond what is published in the article as it relates to these individuals.
-Include links to support any information posted as fact
-Keep in mind that WS is a victim friendly discussion forum

If you have any questions please report on any post to reach an Admin or Mod.

Best,
Tiff

Complete List of TOS can be found HERE

Can we post the child custody report here in its entirety ??
It shows someone else as perhaps the last person who saw HP

(*misspoke earlier and called it the missing persons report)

No. The family court document contains information about a living minor child and is not allowed to be linked or discussed at Websleuths.

IF information from the document happens to be referred to in MSM, what is in the MSM article may be discussed but nothing beyond that.

On a separate note, Google Drive is not an approved source (unless pre-approval is given by WS Admin). Anyone can upload to Google Drive so we have no way of knowing the source or how the information was obtained (i.e. whether legally or otherwise).

Hope that clarifies. Any more questions in that regard, please message a Mod or Admin.

I’m still hung up on the alternate access to the H&F building, must be off the ally somewhere.
There’s no way furniture, appliances and stuff goes in through the main lobby elevator entrance.

I would think that LAPD would have employees on their MP detail who would have reached out to many psychiatric facilities across the west (there aren't that many). Has to be standard.

Not finding her in a hospital, they have apparently transferred the case to the Homicide Division, to try and rule out homicide, I imagine. That may not be possible and there the matter may remain, in which case, we'll learn very little.

That's what happened in Kolby's case. She was missing for about 7 months before her skeletal remains were found:

Skeletal Remains Found a Week Ago Positively ID'd as Those of Missing Woman

There was virtually no information about the case or the search, although her family did make some SM posts. There may even be forensic evidence and a suspect - but we are not privy to that.

So Heidi's case could go on for quite a while.
Actually this also goes to the issue that LE is relying on a humongous outdated overloaded national database that makes finding or locating information related to MPs a gargantuan task. It includes virtually all crime reports.
Thus the push to utilize NAmUs.
It can also be used, data entered, by the public. It will generate a search query through participating state agencies, just for MPs, not sort through every crime and criminal out there. Still, only 10 states require registering their Missing there.
Home

From ktla.com’s Nov. 11, 2021 article (titled: ‘Video shows missing mom Heidi Planck in downtown LA minutes before her disappearance’):

“The staff at the building have confirmed that they were familiar with Planck and recognized her dog, another of Planck’s friend’s said,”

So it’s possible that HP was at H+F often, or at least often enough for the staff to know her and her dog.

What if HP had access to a “corporate” apartment at H+F? What if she possessed a garage remote and a resident key fob which provided access into the lobby, up the elevator, onto the floor, and into just such a unit? A unit that was perhaps not being utilized as a full time residence by anyone, but was instead being rented by a business entity or LLC [allowing for concealment of individual renters (and business owner’s) identities] for “company” use?

All just speculation

I’m still hung up on the alternate access to the H&F building, must be off the ally somewhere.
There’s no way furniture, appliances and stuff goes in through the main lobby elevator entrance.
True. But.. I work in a secure building (or I did before we all had to work from home) and our building has a gated delivery entrance. Regular delivery trucks (USPS, for example) have access cards that they swipe at the gate. Other delivery truck drivers press the call button and are buzzed in. And there are cameras, of course. I would expect a similar system might be in place for any secure building. JMHO.

Last edited:
True. But.. I work in a secure building (or I did before we all had to work from home) and our building has a gated delivery entrance. Regular delivery trucks (USPS, for example) have access cards that they swipe at the gate. Other delivery trucks press the call button and are buzzed in. And there are cameras, of course. I would expect a similar system might be in place for any secure building. JMHO.
Of course. And freight elevators?

Of course. And freight elevators?
We have a set of elevators for passengers and a set for freight. (The freight ones are larger.) You can't get to the freight elevators any easier than you can get to the passenger elevators. In my building, I have, for example, seen a particular regular delivery guy pushing a cart with several 5-gallon bottles of water. I assume that any building that boasts great security would not fail to secure their delivery entrance, delivery personnel, and freight elevators. JMHO.

This is kind of morbid (I know).... but how does the H+F handle their trash disposal?
Does it go to a collection room? ...dumpster? ...taken off property all bagged up?

...or is there an incinerator on property?

I am just mulling over methods of evidence disposal... not necessarily human remains disposal.

I've been lurking here following this case for a while. One thing that I can help with is the dog's microchip and how that or the tag may have connected the couple to HP's phone. I just, in that last month, got both of my puppies microchipped. We used Home Again as the manufacturer. This seems to be one of the more popular ones and the one that Petsmart uses in their vet. When you get it done, your pet comes home with a pamphlet as well as paperwork with the chip number. They also include a small plastic Home Again tag shaped like a house that goes on the dog's collar. You go home and finish your registration on the website and you can upgrade the pet's home again tag to a heavier silver one or choose from many different styles. The tag has the chip number on it as well as the phone number for Home Again in case your pet is found. So if her pet was wearing this, the finders of the pet would only have to look at the tag and then call the toll free number and give the chip number. My dogs wear the home again tag as well as their name tag which includes our address and phone number. Equipped with both of these tags, there really would be no need to go in and get a vet to scan the dog.

I've been lurking here following this case for a while. One thing that I can help with is the dog's microchip and how that or the tag may have connected the couple to HP's phone. I just, in that last month, got both of my puppies microchipped. We used Home Again as the manufacturer. This seems to be one of the more popular ones and the one that Petsmart uses in their vet. When you get it done, your pet comes home with a pamphlet as well as paperwork with the chip number. They also include a small plastic Home Again tag shaped like a house that goes on the dog's collar. You go home and finish your registration on the website and you can upgrade the pet's home again tag to a heavier silver one or choose from many different styles. The tag has the chip number on it as well as the phone number for Home Again in case your pet is found. So if her pet was wearing this, the finders of the pet would only have to look at the tag and then call the toll free number and give the chip number. My dogs wear the home again tag as well as their name tag which includes our address and phone number. Equipped with both of these tags, there really would be no need to go in and get a vet to scan the dog.
My children and I have rescued several lost dogs and cats over the years. The chip companies have never given us the name or number of the owners. They have taken my name and number to have the owner call me back or the vet’s office where we had them scanned for the microchip. I assume that’s due to some sort of security concern. If they texted her so quickly it means the dog had her cell phone number on a separate tag on its collar. JMO.

Questions inquiring minds want to know answers to:

Did Heidi ever leave the Hope + flowers building?
Did LE search every apartment on the floor her dog was found on?
Where is her car?!?!

For his own sake, I'm glad JW stopped talking, but I wish he would let us know what is going on and if any new info has come out!

Why do we think no reward is being offered regarding this case? Tomorrow will sadly be exactly a month since her and her care have vanished. Typically rent is due at the beginning of the month as well so in a couple more weeks the landlords will not be out 10-12k in rent which is quite a lot. Do they evict and get a new tenant, who is responsible for all of her property and belongings? How does that work?

Also interesting, I feel like every time they say someone was last seen it is followed up by saying her credit cards/bank accounts have not been used either which I have never heard here.

I apologize if it has already been mentioned, but the Hope + Flower building is 1.3 miles (a 5-minute drive or 22-minute walk) from a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission office.

Google Maps

Edit to add: Does anyone know if dogs are allowed in that building?

Edit to also add: I am developing a theory where she may have been unexpectedly notified of a meeting with the SEC concerning her or her boss’s business dealings while at the football game. Since she had her dog with her, she may have chosen to drop Seven off with her supposed acquaintance at the H+F building before leaving for the SEC building. Doesn’t explain how the dog got loose, but it’s a start. MOO.

Last edited:
This is kind of morbid (I know).... but how does the H+F handle their trash disposal?
Does it go to a collection room? ...dumpster? ...taken off property all bagged up?

...or is there an incinerator on property?

I am just mulling over methods of evidence disposal... not necessarily human remains disposal.
Trash incinerators were banned in LA all the way back in 1957. In high rise buildings, including the H+F, there are trash chutes on each floor where residents deposit their trash. The trash travels to the bottom of the chute and is gathered in collection bins. When the bins are full they are swapped out for empty ones. The full bins are then picked up or emptied by regular waste removal companies.

Why do we think no reward is being offered regarding this case? Tomorrow will sadly be exactly a month since her and her care have vanished. Typically rent is due at the beginning of the month as well so in a couple more weeks the landlords will not be out 10-12k in rent which is quite a lot. Do they evict and get a new tenant, who is responsible for all of her property and belongings? How does that work?

Also interesting, I feel like every time they say someone was last seen it is followed up by saying her credit cards/bank accounts have not been used either which I have never heard here.
"You cannot just assume that because your tenant is behind on rent and you haven’t heard from him a few days that the property is truly abandoned. They could just be a poor communicator with the intention of returning despite the late rent and/or late fees.

You need to clearly establish abandonment in order to meet your state’s legal requirements.

In California, if you if you believe a tenant has abandoned the property with no intention of returning, you must provide an official notice to the tenant at the tenant’s last known address stating your belief that the property has been abandoned ( Section 1951.3 of the CA Civil Code). This “Notice of Belief of Abandonment” gives the tenant 15 days to respond that the property is not abandoned otherwise the lease will be officially terminated. If a lease is terminated due to abandonment, any unpaid rent and fees are still the responsibility of the tenant.

A Pay Rent or Quit Notice usually gives tenants 3-5 days to pay rent or move out (“quit”). If the tenant does neither in the designated timeline, you can move forward with filing an eviction. The only problem with delivering a Pay Rent or Quit Notice can arise if a tenant does not receive the notice because he abandoned the property. This can severely delay the eviction process, which is why some landlords will try to establish a belief of abandonment to terminate the lease and gain writ of possession over the property.

Besides the residence that might have been abandoned, if your tenants left personal property behind when they left unexpectedly, you have to follow your state laws for handling abandoned tenant property.

Typically, a landlord has to itemize the abandoned items, store the property, and notify the tenant of the itemized property and where it is stored. If the landlord fails to hear from the tenant after a certain amount of time, the landlord can sell the items to pay for the storage and issue any remaining money to the state. Check your state and local laws for specifics on how to handle abandoned tenant property in your state."

What to do if a Tenant Skips Rent and Disappears

While I have nothing to base it on, other than gut feeling, I believe no reward is being offered in this case because either LE suspects, or knows, that Heidi is voluntarily missing, and no crime has been committed, OR because they suspect or know a crime has been committed, and they have a pretty good handle on what happened, and are strengthening their case, just dotting 'i's and crossing 't's before making any arrests. At this point, I believe any public statement or presser that comes from LE will only come after an arrest, or arrests have been made. JMO

ETA While it may renew media interest, there is little evidence that offering a reward is particularly helpful in solving cases.

Last edited:

It appears that even though the eviction moratorium has expired, in California a few hoops and new laws remain in place before an eviction can be completed through the courts:
New Laws Apply to Eviction Cases
"New in this law also are provisions requiring plaintiffs to actively participate in the rental assistance program before obtaining an unlawful detainer judgment. As of October 1, 2021, in most cases seeking an eviction based on nonpayment of COVID-19 rental debt or of rental debt incurred between October 1, 2021 and March 30, 2022, a court may not issue a summons or enter a judgment until the landlord shows that they have attempted to obtain rental assistance under the state emergency rental assistance program and the application has been denied or the tenant has failed to complete their section."
I imagine it takes a while to get through that process.
But all of that is assuming there is not an alternative arrangement with the landlord such as been speculated on in previous threads. Moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member