Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
These new revelations are just so disturbing.
If Heidi had another psychotic break before she vanished, I would think she would have been found, whether she had an accident or harmed herself in some way.
Could she be in a homeless shelter by any chance, or on the streets, not recognized? Maybe not even knowing her own name?
Such a sad case.

eta: makes me think of a case where a student vanished (Riverside?) and was eventually found in a homeless shelter downtown. I can't remember her name. Her laptop was found in some shrubs near where she lived.

I agree and they could have summed it up more. No one needs to know the molestation/poop/pee comment it’s just not necessary. Just a low blow to her if she did have an episode and run off and comes back to the whole world being able to know such private things. And who knows if or how much her family knew about it if any really. Her cousin said JW was awful bc she always complained about him and the custody but if they all of that I’d think they’d agree with him as it’s wht is best for din ya know. And all the friends, coworkers and just anyone in general having this intimate knowledge seems unfair considering her son and his friends will all be able to know this now as well. It serves no purpose in helping find her just airing dirty laundry.
I'd want to know where the cousin got the information he is sharing since he also acknowledges he hasn't spoken to her in years. You're going to tell a cousin you're not close to all this information or is this the information HP shared to her mother and it played the telephone game who told her sibling who told the cousin? IMO you're not going to tell your mother the information of how you lost custody when she likely wouldn't hear it from anyone else when she lives across the country. I don't know who or what to believe anymore. JMO MOO IMO I'm still going to say witness protection could also still be a possibility with the feds being involved. Seems like JW has stopped talking now and we're not getting anything that's his opinion and LE has said nothing.
Again, just my opinion and thoughts on the case. Where is Heidi?

given that all that information came from court documents that the daily mail paid for, I imagine that JW and her friends did not want to share this information with the public, out of respect for Heidi and especially, her son. If they did not share it with law-enforcement directly, it was probably also because they did not want them to dismiss her case as voluntary missing. This is very common with a lot of families, who don't want to disclose anything negative about the missing person. But it definitely does explain why there seems to be a cone of silence over this case.
Except that JW got the emergency order on 10/26, 1 day bedore the MP bulletin went out and 3 days before the search at her home.
LE was fully aware of her history.
It’s telling to me that he states his concern for Heidi possibly being kidnapped or having died back then.

Remember, Heidi's case has been handed over to Robbery-Homicide Division in the LAPD. They are a specialized unit in the LAPD that only handles high profile cases. If they believed Heidi had a psychotic break or getting drugs, RHD would not be handling her case.
Robbery-Homicide Division RHD - LAPD Online

XdSfZxM

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211115-153856_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211115-153856_Chrome.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 24
Remember, Heidi's case has been handed over to Robbery-Homicide Division in the LAPD. They are a specialized unit in the LAPD that only handles high profile cases. If they believed Heidi had a psychotic break or getting drugs, RHD would not be handling her case.

XdSfZxM
Thank you so much.
This important fact is of utmost relevance and would seem to be a compelling reason for JW and her caring friends not revealing her medical history. She would have been classified as Endangered Missing Person from the get go if there was a legitimate concern about her experiencing an episode.
In a Vigil video posted by MsM one of her friends there is identified by the title of Dr. and BW’s godmother.

Last edited:

XdSfZxM
I wonder if the RHD would be involved, regardless, due to her proximity to the ongoing SEC investigation.

I can think of several reasons our RHD of the LAPD is handling this case.

RHD is comprised of four sections (Robbery, Homicide, Gang Homicide, and Special Investigation Sections), each tasked with investigating or providing surveillance support for a wide variety of select crimes that are often high profile in nature. The sections also serve as liaisons between other law enforcement agencies regarding cases of mutual interest and, when required, orchestrate multi-divisional and/or multi-agency task force

SPECIAL INVESTIGATION SECTION (SIS)
The Special Investigation Section (SIS) is the Department’s tactical surveillance unit. The primary objective of SIS is to determine if a suspect(s) under surveillance is connected to the crime(s) under investigation, and, if probable cause exists to arrest, to locate and arrest the suspect(s). Although assigned to RHD, SIS is available to any Department entity seeking surveillance on active criminals/crimes

The gang division investigates RICO cases as well. So many potential boxes are ticked for me.

I absolutely see why they took over this case.

MOO.

"Robbery-Homicide Division RHD - LAPD Online" Robbery-Homicide Division RHD - LAPD Online

If Heidi had another psychotic break before she vanished, I would think she would have been found, whether she had an accident or harmed herself in some way.
Could she be in a homeless shelter by any chance, or on the streets, not recognized? Maybe not even knowing her own name?
Such a sad case.

eta: makes me think of a case where a student vanished (Riverside?) and was eventually found in a homeless shelter downtown. I can't remember her name. Her laptop was found in some shrubs near where she lived.

I am reminded of this story:

Excerpt:

Once a bodacious blonde fitness model who would’ve looked right at home on “Baywatch” herself, Loni Willison brushed away any offers of help in coping with homelessness.

“I haven’t spoken to Jeremy,” the homeless, emaciated and weather-beaten Loni Willison said of the Baywatch star.

“I don’t want to speak to my friends, I’m doing just fine. I don’t want anyone to help me.”

'Baywatch' star Jeremy Jackson's model ex-wife Loni Willison spotted homeless, eating from trash in LA

the thing about msm and daily mail in particular is the full context of a reported event is usually not given. for instance, the jumping out the window and going over a fence to switch an electrical breaker on & off might seem bizarre behavior on the the surface but may not be if all context is known. for example what if the neighbor had a months long habit of playing loud explicit lyric music and heidi had several times spoken to the neighbor about it over many months until one beautiful day when the windows were all open and the music started so heidi decided to just go out window, over fence, to switch the breaker off and on. or, if her son being a kid told heidi he didn't need a mask when she repeatedly asked him to put one on to play nerf so heidi made decision to bop him in the head to get the kid to realize what not having a mask might lead to. of course it's all speculation since we don't know all the details. my point is the article from daily mail seems to imply the events show heidi has psyche issues when it could be her behavior is not irrational, just maybe too feisty. MOO.

The DM article states that HP checked herself into a psychiatric facility in 2015. I suspect it was UCLA and their top notch psychiatric hospital in Westwood. I had a very close friend agree to admit themselves there when they were suicidal. I visited several times. Stays are often short term to stabilize the patient. Kanye West and Britney Spears famously checked in there, as well as other celebrities. Amazing staff. Once you enter the ER for psychiatric issues they determine if you are in danger and then either admit you involuntarily or you can do it voluntarily.

Poor Heidi. She has not had an easy path. I'm amazed she's accomplished as much as she has despite her apparent ongoing struggles.

MOO.

Such a sad case.
SMB
In most (if not all) of the pictures of HP that have been circulated since she went missing, she's in full makeup with her hair done...if she's wandering around without makeup and her hair in a ponytail, I think it's possible that people who don't know her would be able to walk right by her and not realize that she's the person from the missing posters. IMO.

I can think of several reasons our RHD of the LAPD is handling this case.

RHD is comprised of four sections (Robbery, Homicide, Gang Homicide, and Special Investigation Sections), each tasked with investigating or providing surveillance support for a wide variety of select crimes that are often high profile in nature. The sections also serve as liaisons between other law enforcement agencies regarding cases of mutual interest and, when required, orchestrate multi-divisional and/or multi-agency task force

SPECIAL INVESTIGATION SECTION (SIS)
The Special Investigation Section (SIS) is the Department’s tactical surveillance unit. The primary objective of SIS is to determine if a suspect(s) under surveillance is connected to the crime(s) under investigation, and, if probable cause exists to arrest, to locate and arrest the suspect(s). Although assigned to RHD, SIS is available to any Department entity seeking surveillance on active criminals/crimes

The gang division investigates RICO cases as well. So many potential boxes are ticked for me.

I absolutely see why they took over this case.

MOO.

"Robbery-Homicide Division RHD - LAPD Online" Robbery-Homicide Division RHD - LAPD Online
Fairly Immediately.

the thing about msm and daily mail in particular is the full context of a reported event is usually not given. for instance, the jumping out the window and going over a fence to switch an electrical breaker on & off might seem bizarre behavior on the the surface but may not be if all context is known. for example what if the neighbor had a months long habit of playing loud explicit lyric music and heidi had several times spoken to the neighbor about it over many months until one beautiful day when the windows were all open and the music started so heidi decided to just go out window, over fence, to switch the breaker off and on. or, if her son being a kid told heidi he didn't need a mask when she repeatedly asked him to put one on to play nerf so heidi made decision to bop him in the head to get the kid to realize what not having a mask might lead to. of course it's all speculation since we don't know all the details. my point is the article from daily mail seems to imply the events show heidi has psyche issues when it could be her behavior is not irrational, just maybe too feisty. MOO.

Respectfully, within almost any context, jumping out a window, going over a fence, and flipping a neighbor's circuit breaker on and off would qualify as irrational, not to mention, potentially dangerous. The neighbors were allegedly bothered enough to call police. I am not a fan of The DM at all, but I think most people would agree that it seems apparent that, at least at that time, Heidi was having mental issues. People who are just 'feisty' do not usually voluntarily check themselves into psychiatric facilities. Now, that in no way means that she was still having mental issues at the time of her disappearance, but I do think that possibility has to be considered. She very possibly was under a great deal of stress at the time of her disappearance, and even the strongest of people have breaking points. JMO

Last edited:
Personally, I see the posting of the Court Docs as exploitive and abusive. Obviously DM did some consulting before doing so as in to how far do we go to trash this victim’s character and cause her son immeasurable suffering forever.
I still lean toward this being a calculated, perhaps paid for attempt to destroy her credibility and character.
Whose powerful political and financial interests would that serve, is a question.

Personally, I see the posting of the Court Docs as exploitive and abusive. Obviously DM did some consulting before doing so as in to how far do we go to trash this victim’s character and cause her son immeasurable suffering forever.
I still lean toward this being a calculated, perhaps paid for attempt to destroy her credibility and character.
Whose powerful political and financial interests would that serve, is a question.
But the alternative is people speculating and smearing the character of other people in her life who are probably innocent as well (like JW/JS), because we didn’t have the full picture of what’s going on. It’s kind of a lose/lose.

So sad that this information about her mental health had to be released. It’s obvious she suffers from a mental condition that the world didn’t need to know every little detail.
Sounds like she could be bipolar for sure. All these incidents in this article are so familiar to me, as I have a close family member who suffers from this. Paranoia, risky behavior, conversations that do not make any sense etc.,
When a manic episode sets in, it can be extremely dangerous. Thankfully with the right medications she can function perfectly and no one would even be aware of her condition.
It’s when a person chooses never to be diagnosed or stops taking their meds, is when things can escalate quickly.
I pray HP checked herself in to get help and is safe somewhere .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa