CANADA Canada- Terrie Ann Dauphinais, 24, strangled at home, Calgary, 29 April 2002

dotr

Reaction score
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-cold-case-terrie-dauphinais-next-call-1.6245143
November 11 2021 by Hannah Kost
''A murdered mother of three. An undercover investigation. A cold case.

These are facets of a 2002 Calgary crime that is the focus of CBC Podcasts' new investigative series The Next Call, and it's a case that is impossible to look away from, says David Ridgen, the show's producer, host and lead investigator.

"It's one of those cases where it seems like the truth is very close at hand, and that somebody does know something," Ridgen told the Tuesday edition of The Homestretch.

As the creator and host of the CBC podcast series Someone Knows Something, his previous investigations have been credited for reopening cold cases and leading to arrests.

And the story behind The Next Call left a deep impact on those who were close to it.

"I've talked to police officers who've worked on the case," Ridgen said.

"And all of them have said that this … has affected them deeply."

A heart of gold
It was a family member who found Terrie Dauphinais's body.

The 24-year-old Métis woman had been strangled on the main floor of her northwest Calgary home on April 29, 2002.

"She had a heart of gold," is how Sue Martin described her daughter Terrie in a 2015 interview with CBC News.

"She loved to bake, she loved to sew ... she could pick up a musical instrument and learn how to play it within the hour, like a saxophone, for instance."

''Police found no evidence of forced entry into the house, and discovered her three children were alive and locked in their rooms.

Terrie's estranged husband, Kenneth Dauphinais, was arrested a few hours later and then released after police interviews.

Long after the case had long grown cold, Ridgen first met Martin in 2015 to discuss what happened to Terrie.''

''In 2018, Kenneth was arrested for second-degree murder after Calgary police launched an undercover Mr. Big investigation.

But any potential resolution was then thrown into question again during court proceedings.

"When the evidence against Ken starts to fall apart in court and the crown stays the charge, [Martin] contacts me again [in 2021]," Ridgen said.

"In the series, I look at the case, I explore the court proceedings, the undercover investigation, the new information about Ken."

"And I try to find new information myself in the aftermath of Terrie's murder."
https://player.fm/series/the-next-call-with-david-ridgen/the-case-of-terrie-dauphinais-episode-1

by Kevin Martin Nov 19, 2019
Murder trial ordered in Calgary cold case | Montreal Gazette
49336766-34884053-w.jpg

Ken Dauphinais, Estranged husband of murder victim Terrie Ann Dauphinais, seen in this undated file photo. Photo by File /SunMedia
The estranged husband of a Calgary woman slain 17½ years ago on Tuesday was ordered to stand trial in her death.''

“Because it’s a cold case and because the fact Mr. Dauphinais has no criminal record, the Crown is prepared to consent to release,” McCaffrey said.''

The podcast was so well done with Melanie, so hopefully this helps Terrie's family get closure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks
Back