AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sheriff says the Wellses are cooperating, but there is no evidence that Summer was kidnapped or abducted. “We are still checking into people they associated with,” Lawson said. “We still have a long way to go. They associate with a lot of people.”

Both Candus and Don Wells passed a polygraph test, but Lawson’s statement that everyone is still a person of interest is leading some to wonder if the Wellses may know more than they’ve said.

Father says Summer Wells was 'abducted,' but sheriff has no proof

Two things in my mind stand out from this. I'm going to accept that DW was at work that day because I would assume that would be a question on the poly.

The other thing is, going over and over in my mind the possibilities that day it still sets deep in me that there was someone/s walking the area. SW appears to have gone missing fairly quickly, which leads me to believe it was someone nearby such as a vagrant, homeless, or a person camping for example.

It would make good investigating to me if there was a person that LE is interested in, that LE would not want that person aware of it. If the perp is watching, let him/them get in a comfort zone allowing focus to be thrown at another.

The polygrapher would ask questions such as:

"Did you have anything to do with the disappearance of Summer Wells?"

"Do you know where Summer Wells is located?"

"Do you know who is involved with the disappearance of Summer Wells?"

Since they would, of course, answer "no" to those questions and they both passed their polys, seems pretty dreadful to me to keep tormenting them over things from their past, their dysfunctional families, their lifestyle or anything else they have been judged on.

They are the parents of a missing baby girl. Have compassion and be merciful. They are innocent.

Two things in my mind stand out from this. I'm going to accept that DW was at work that day because I would assume that would be a question on the poly.

The other thing is, going over and over in my mind the possibilities that day it still sets deep in me that there was someone/s walking the area. SW appears to have gone missing fairly quickly, which leads me to believe it was someone nearby such as a vagrant, homeless, or a person camping for example.

It would make good investigating to me if there was a person that LE is interested in, that LE would not want that person aware of it. If the perp is watching, let him/them get in a comfort zone allowing focus to be thrown at another.

That would be great. But I don't think they have a clue.

Since they would, of course, answer "no" to those questions and they both passed their polys, seems pretty dreadful to me to keep tormenting them over things from their past, their dysfunctional families, their lifestyle or anything else they have been judged on.

They are the parents of a missing baby girl. Have compassion and be merciful. They are innocent.
Until LE gives them the all clear, I don't believe we can categorically say they're innocent.

There's a reason why polygraph results aren't allowed to be used in court.

LE has repeatedly said "No one has been ruled out". No one. They said that from the beginning and five months later they are still holding that line. Five months. There is a reason that they have not cleared anybody in the Wells' family.

Father says Summer Wells was 'abducted,' but sheriff has no proof | NewsNation Prime

@2:15.

Interviewer: What do you think happened? What does your heart tell you?

DW: Well, i know in my heart and in my mind she was abducted. Someone snuck up there when we weren't exactly paying attention.

Who is "WE" that wasn't "exactly paying attention"?
It can't be him right, because he was allegedly at work all day, or was he?
Paying attention to what?
Note it is DW that introduces the idea of not "paying attention"
Has something happened, before, when they "weren't exactly paying attention."? And to whom.? Because he doesn't actually say "paying attention" to, Summer.

MOO

Last edited:
@2:15.

Interviewer: What do you think happened? What does your heart tell you?

DW: Well, i know in my heart and in my mind she was abducted. Someone snuck up there when we weren't exactly paying attention.

Who is "WE" that wasn't "exactly paying attention"?
It can't be him right, because he was allegedly at work all day, or was he?
Paying attention to what?
Note it is DW that introduces the idea of not "paying attention"
Has something happened, before, when they "weren't exactly paying attention."? And to whom.? Because he doesn't actually say "paying attention" to, Summer.

MOO

This, IMO, is so nit-picky. He wasn't there. He's not leaving his wife hanging out to dry by speaking in "we." If Summer just vanished into thin air and they really don't know what happened, then they are trying to make sense of it like everyone else. I'm sure they are trying to figure out what makes sense--we must have not been paying attention. It must have been someone else.

IMO
Summer is a hyper active child and needed watching at all times!
I believe she would wander off no matter what they told her!
Look at the church videos
The little one is always on the move!
Can’t sit still!
I think Mom and her mother were otherwise occupied and forgot about the kids!
Mom left her with her brothers
The brothers saw her go downstairs
Out that door she went!
I do not think anyone was in that house but the ppl that live there

So I do think she wandered off on her own!
Jmo

Last edited:
This, IMO, is so nit-picky. He wasn't there. He's not leaving his wife hanging out to dry by speaking in "we." If Summer just vanished into thin air and they really don't know what happened, then they are trying to make sense of it like everyone else. I'm sure they are trying to figure out what makes sense--we must have not been paying attention. It must have been someone else.

I'm not being "nit-picky". It is him who says it. So if we believe everything he says then we have to believe him here. imo

Yes, polygraphs are far from a perfect science but for neither of them to not show any deception? That makes me believe they are telling the truth. MOO

I think my hope at this time is that assuming the foliage has fallen and much of the undergrowth has died back, I feel it would be ideal to do one more search of the area around Ben Hill Rd and Beech Creek. I know this costs money, but if invited in I am sure a reputable volunteer group such as Equusearch would take it on.

If they truly are no further than they were 5 months ago, go back and start from the beginning one more time.

My wishful thinking, as I am not ready to move on from this young girl. She tugs at my heart nearly daily. I feel if there truly is nothing, then something somewhere may have been missed.

I think my hope at this time is that assuming the foliage has fallen and much of the undergrowth has died back, I feel it would be ideal to do one more search of the area around Ben Hill Rd and Beech Creek. I know this costs money, but if invited in I am sure a reputable volunteer group such as Equusearch would take it on.

If they truly are no further than they were 5 months ago, go back and start from the beginning one more time.

My wishful thinking, as I am not ready to move on from this young girl. She tugs at my heart nearly daily. I feel if there truly is nothing, then something somewhere may have been missed.

I totally agree. I really hope HCSO reaches out- preferably through a federal avenue- and accepts the assistance of a reputable SAR agency for another thorough search. Including surrounding properties and structures. This little one is somewhere, and I tend to think close by. Search conditions are rather ideal right now, with the exception to that being the amount of time that has passed since Summer's disappearance.

Also, I hope the Well's know they can reach out to SAR themselves. Most reputable groups will want LE support and endorsement, but given the time and situation...it's possible certain groups would respond regardless.

I watched the interview today on YouTube which NewsNation did with former FBI agent, Jennifer Coffindaffer about Summer’s case. She says she believes the parents may be prosecuted by child services for child neglect regarding the 3 boys and that this, in her view, will be key to unlocking Summer’s case. Very interesting. It’s the first time I’ve seen anyone saying this.

Starting at 5:05.....I have never seen this particular look on Don's face before. "No, we can't go there" when asked about drugs....

Who are the friends? Why won't they turn them in if they had something to do with Summer "getting gone?"

<modsnip>
My opinion only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting at 5:05.....I have never seen this particular look on Don's face before. "No, we can't go there" when asked about drugs....

Who are the friends? Why won't they turn them in if they had something to do with Summer "getting gone?"

<modsnip>

My opinion only.

I agree. With all of it.

I watched the interview today on YouTube which NewsNation did with former FBI agent, Jennifer Coffindaffer about Summer’s case. She says she believes the parents may be prosecuted by child services for child neglect regarding the 3 boys and that this, in her view, will be key to unlocking Summer’s case. Very interesting. It’s the first time I’ve seen anyone saying this.

I wonder if the people who called CPS are involved? Not necessarily that they have Summer, just that they may have information that they may not realize is important. JMO.

She speculates a lot about cases in the news, she had a lot of theories regarding the Laundries in the Gabby Petito case, so she is interesting to listen to, but she is just giving her opinion.

<modsnip>

My opinion only.

I watched it and was glad to see that he didn't go down that rabbit hole about the drugs, given the whole cornbread mafia discussion recently.

With regard to negligence on Candus' part, that is one thing, but whoever was involved in SW's disappearance is another thing, how she "got gone" in your words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member