DNA Doe Project - General Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is actually similar to Hudson John Doe. There’s no NamUs page for her, and investigators had interred her body believing she was buried in 1945, but she didn’t turn out to be the suspected person.
Still hoping they'll namedrop that one. I don't see what's the holdup.

This is actually similar to Hudson John Doe. There’s no NamUs page for her, and investigators had interred her body believing she was buried in 1945, but she didn’t turn out to be the suspected person.
On the subject of Hudson John Doe, his case and Baseline Road John Doe’s cases have moved to solved cases. Hudson John Doe was Richard Bunts/Bunce; born in 1793 and had most likely died sometime in the mid 1850s. He was linked by DNA to his great great great granddaughter.

Baseline John Doe’s name will not be shared by request from Phoenix PD. Perhaps they will announce it later.

Jefferson County John Doe and Rohnert Park John Doe are still listed as active cases.

On the subject of Hudson John Doe, his case and Baseline Road John Doe’s cases have moved to solved cases. Hudson John Doe was Richard Bunts/Bunce; born in 1793 and had most likely died sometime in the mid 1850s. He was linked by DNA to his great great great granddaughter.

Baseline John Doe’s name will not be shared by request from Phoenix PD. Perhaps they will announce it later.

Jefferson County John Doe and Rohnert Park John Doe are still listed as active cases.
From Baseline JD's summary:

Team Leader Cairenn Binder stated, “We are honored to have played a part in giving Baseline John Doe his name back. Although a conviction was already brought in the case of John Doe’s homicide, Detective Stuart Somershoe was committed to ensuring that the victim was identified.”

That's very interesting. A victim from a bodyless homicide conviction, perhaps?

EDIT: Or I guess the simpler explanation is that knew who did it before and the victim was just unidentified, like El Dorado Jane Doe.

Three cases announced to be solved in one day! Wonderful. I am waiting for additional details on Delafield John Doe case, I am really surprised he was identified and I guess his identification happened back in 2020. He is still listed as a DDP fund case and has far to go to be funded.

So 50 cases are officially announced to be solved and 2 cases we know were solved but not announced yet. Out of 70 :)

@DNA_Sleuth Hey Joan, Baseline JD is listed under solved cases on the DDP website, may be you can move him to solved sheet on the spreadsheet :) One case less for you to update

St. Croix County Jane Doe 2002 now has a highest match of 211.5cM!
I can not access the spreadsheet right now, but I think I saw that Great Britain Jane Doe also has a new highest match

I can not access the spreadsheet right now, but I think I saw that Great Britain Jane Doe also has a new highest match
Good catch! 306 now, it was 254 before. Though I believe endogamy is a significant factor with this one.

All of the donation cases have also been moved to pending for some reason, even though half of them are active, I'm not sure what's happening there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong