Deceased/Not Found CA - Heidi Planck, 39, left son’s football game in Downey, dog found in Los Angeles, 17 Oct 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s her kid’s name, dog name, her name in chalk. Is there context behind the photo suggesting it’s something other than a fun family activity?

The photo is her banner on Facebook, and there is no context. I think that the “Bond” and “7” do likely reference her son and dog.

Really, I would think it is normal drawing, but I think the handprints with the drawn “slashes” on the door are definitely random if not unusual.

I will say that there does not appear to be any proof in the photo that it was a “family” activity. The hand prints on the door appear to all be of the same size.

All MOO.

Last edited:
In my state/county, we require a parenting class, whether it's a modification or an initial petition. Once that class is completed on both sides, they are offered free mediation sessions, unless it's inappropriate, in an effort to get parents to come to a mutual decision and a joint custody agreement. That is the goal for any divorce/custody issue.

The point of my post was the difference between legal and physical custody. In a case where parents cannot come to an agreement, there is no joint custody. There might be a 50/50 split in parenting time, but a judge is going to decide which person will have sole custody - the ability to make major decisions for the child. There could be two perfectly great parents, but in that situation, only one person will end up with primary custody.
my husband and his ex are very high conflict and hostile and they were ordered joint legal and physical custody.

I don't think what is written much matters. The fact that it's their names doesn't make it necessarily ok-- the idea that rented walls can be drawn on and decorated at will isn't acceptable to everyone. Besides, sidewalk chalk does sometimes permanently stain surfaces. And it certainly will be harder to clean off an upright surfaces than a flat sidewalk or driveway.

JMO
it maybe chalk painted.

Maybe. Some chalks permanently stain particularly if left on a surface a long time. And outdoor uses of water tend to be frowned on in LA. Of course, after renting a power-washer to clean off the chalk Heidi might have planned to have that entire surface repainted at her expense. We don't know. But drawing on a rented house is not something I'd be proud of doing as a fun "family activity." I'd also not want to teach a child to draw wherever he wishes. But JW did say GP is pretty lenient as a parent.
JMO
a friend of mine owns her home and painted some of the walls w paint you can chalk on. its possible this was painted with that stuff.

Actually, after reading all the comments about the building this chalk art is on, it seems a lot of people think it is from her house on Helms. But looking at the two pics, side by side, I don't believe it is the property she lives on. The rooftop deck in the Zillow pic has a concrete floor, not grass, or even artificial grass. The railing does not appear to be the same. The doors, while both black, look nothing alike. The backgrounds to the left of the building's edge do not appear the same to me. But most importantly, we were told her house was immaculate when the wellness check was done, which leads me to think she probably kept it that way. Unless she was having a serious episode at the time this was done, I do not believe it is her house. I would like to know where it is though, and what her ties to it are. JMO

3129 Helms Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90034 | Zillow

Facebook

Last edited:
Actually, after reading all the comments about the building this chalk art is on, it seems a lot of people think it is from her house on Helms. But looking at the two pics, side by side, I don't believe it is the property she lives on. The rooftop deck in the Zillow pic has a concrete floor, not grass, or even artificial grass. The railing does not appear to be the same. The doors, while both black, look nothing alike. The backgrounds to the left of the building's edge do not appear the same to me. But most importantly, we were told her house was immaculate when the wellness check was done, which leads me to think she probably kept it that way. Unless she was having a serious episode at the time this was done, I do not believe it is her house. I would like to know where it is though, and what her ties to it are. JMO

3129 Helms Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90034 | Zillow

Facebook
I think you’re correct. You can always add artificial grass on top of concrete, but you can see the color of the rails is different.

No joke about everyone talking about the chalk and her being a good tenant and comparing images...I am so bored on my lunch break with no new news I just compared some images lol

So it looks like she removed the black railing they originally put up there which was flush with the door and bought new silver ones and moved it all the way to the front edge of the rooftop. Then she added a doggy door and put fake grass/sod down. That mural would have been seen from the street since it's in the front too so it's not like it was hidden from the landlords, nor was the new railing...that being said I have to say I prefer the original black ones as they're more cohesive with the door, windows and garage...

Ok I am done and feel like this case is never going to be solved or it will be and we won't hear the outcome readily :(

Attachments

• hp1.JPG
    hp1.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 187
  • hp2.JPG
    hp2.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 206
  • hp3.JPG
    hp3.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 203
  • hp4.JPG
    hp4.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 145
No joke about everyone talking about the chalk and her being a good tenant and comparing images...I am so bored on my lunch break with no new news I just compared some images lol

So it looks like she removed the black railing they originally put up there which was flush with the door and bought new silver ones and moved it all the way to the front edge of the rooftop. Then she added a doggy door and put fake grass/sod down. That mural would have been seen from the street since it's in the front too so it's not like it was hidden from the landlords, nor was the new railing...that being said I have to say I prefer the original black ones as they're more cohesive with the door, windows and garage...

Ok I am done and feel like this case is never going to be solved or it will be and we won't hear the outcome readily :(

Yeah, you may be right. Who knows. As you said, with absolutely nothing new available to discuss, it has come to this.

After discussing the progression of the custody issues, I went back and looked at the public summary available on LA Superior Court.

I’ve been curious as to why DM hasn’t published HP’s filings, and I’m not sure if this has been mentioned but thought it was worth noting:
JW filed the first modification request on 10/13/15, and there was a hearing on 11/5/15. He then filed a request for modification re child support on 12/10/15, findings and order after hearing (11/5/15) was issued on 12/21/15, and a hearing re modification appears to have been scheduled for 2/4/16 but was moved by the court. JW filed what I assume is a proposed stipulation and order re child support modification on 2/11/16.

The next filing and entry is on 2/17/17, which is HP’s request for modification to child custody/visitation, attorney’s fees and costs.

Prior to the 2/17/17 filing, it does not appear there were any filings on behalf of HP. There are notes that JW filed proofs of service for the documents, but there’s nothing to confirm that HP was even present at any of the hearings. Once HP’s modification request was filed, there was quite a bit of back and forth between the parties, including a court-ordered mediation.

At the time that HP went missing, there was a pending request for modification to child support filed by JW on 2/19/21. It does appear that HP filed a declaration re income and expenses on 8/12/21, so this is likely where JW’s information on her annual salary came from.

Today has been a month now which is just so sad because it seems there have literally been no leads other than the spotting at H+F as being the last known area which has left us with more ?s than answers.

There are many more scenarios/theories, even combinations of ones below and I'm sure I am missing some but I know these have been the main ones discussed. So at this point what are the possibilities of what happened and which are most of you leaning towards with the little we know?

1) JS and/or something job related
2) JW or anyone else she was dating
3) Mental illness/manic/psychiatric episode
7) Overdose/drug deal/meeting gone wrong
4) Witness protection program
5) Started a new life
6) Took her own life
7) Abducted/sex trafficked
8) Completely random - wrong place/wrong time
9) Not enough information to form an opinion - fence sitter.

I need to know:
1. Did HP go into the H&F building with her dog? Or
2. Did someone other than HP take the dog into the building and then abandon it?
3. Who, if anyone, did/does HP know in the H&F building?
4. Did HP take a large amount of cash out of her account(s) prior to her disappearance?
5. Have HP's credit or debit cards been used since her disappearance?

Here's the thing. People voluntarily disappear sometimes, and the fact that her purse and car disappeared with her might lead me to think that's what happened - if not for the fact that she left her child and her dog behind, and in separate places. She's been gone a month. Even if she is living in her car, she needs a certain amount of money to survive, unless someone is helping her. I've considered the possibility that she is still in the H&F building, either hiding or being held prisoner. But if that were so, where is her vehicle? Her ex JW doesn't raise any red flags with me, and the dog was found within about 3 hours, IIRC. I can't rule him out 100%, but I'm not leaning in that direction. Is there another ex? A stalker? Was she doing drugs? Where is HP?

After discussing the progression of the custody issues, I went back and looked at the public summary available on LA Superior Court.

I’ve been curious as to why DM hasn’t published HP’s filings, and I’m not sure if this has been mentioned but thought it was worth noting:
JW filed the first modification request on 10/13/15, and there was a hearing on 11/5/15. He then filed a request for modification re child support on 12/10/15, findings and order after hearing (11/5/15) was issued on 12/21/15, and a hearing re modification appears to have been scheduled for 2/4/16 but was moved by the court. JW filed what I assume is a proposed stipulation and order re child support modification on 2/11/16.

The next filing and entry is on 2/17/17, which is HP’s request for modification to child custody/visitation, attorney’s fees and costs.

Prior to the 2/17/17 filing, it does not appear there were any filings on behalf of HP. There are notes that JW filed proofs of service for the documents, but there’s nothing to confirm that HP was even present at any of the hearings. Once HP’s modification request was filed, there was quite a bit of back and forth between the parties, including a court-ordered mediation.

At the time that HP went missing, there was a pending request for modification to child support filed by JW on 2/19/21. It does appear that HP filed a declaration re income and expenses on 8/12/21, so this is likely where JW’s information on her annual salary came from.

Were they represented for any of these? Can you tell if she paid a response fee?

It may be that she didn't respond in the 2015 one, and he won by default, then submitted his own judgment. I wonder if she was having mental health issues and just ignored the whole thing. I'm not sure how it works in CA, but here you only submit income information if the issue is child support, not for custody/parenting time only. That may be the reason he filed the second modification in 2015, he left it off on the first one. Can you tell if it was an amended filing?

Were they represented for any of these? Can you tell if she paid a response fee?

It may be that she didn't respond in the 2015 one, and he won by default, then submitted his own judgment. I wonder if she was having mental health issues and just ignored the whole thing. I'm not sure how it works in CA, but here you only submit income information if the issue is child support, not for custody/parenting time only. That may be the reason he filed the second modification in 2015, he left it off on the first one. Can you tell if it was an amended filing?

An attorney of record withdrew for JW on 9/5/13. I assume he had a new attorney file the requests.

The 10/15/15 proof of service for the 10/13/15 request filed by JW says it was served electronically. I assume CA has electronic filing, so electronic service could be something as easy as a copy of HP’s attorney of record receiving an email notification of the filing.

The 12/18/15 proof of service for the 12/10/15 request for modification to child support says personal service.

The 1/21/16 proof of service for the finding and order after hearing (11/5/15) entered on 12/21/15 says mail.

The 2/27/17 filing by HP is a request for order to change custody/visitation, attorney’s fees and costs - so I assume there was an attorney associated to pay. On 3/9/17, there was a substitution of attorney for HP.

Between the 2/19/21 and 8/25/21 (the last docketed entry related to the modification to cs), there were multiple continuances and notices of unavailability filed counsel for both parties.

The only withdrawal I see from 2012 to 2017 is of the attorney of record for petitioner (JW).

Do we think HP and her car missing are related? I mean it would seem pretty coincidental if something happened to her or she ran off and left it and it just so happened to be stolen and sold or chopped. But at the same time...if it had been sitting there for days and was noticed maybe the car was an easy target? I am just thinking there was a lot of time between her last being seen in the alley and the dog being found at H+F.

We know the dog was there right after she was last seen but what was the date again that JW finally found out the dog was at H+F? I am assuming he was the first to find out and I can't remember from when he found out to when the H+F was first asked for surveillance which they turned down until LE had a warrant and then from there how long did it take to get again? I have looked through all the timelines on here but neither of those are on there so does anyone know?

I just wonder at this point if she and her car are even intertwined or if they are two totally separate incidences and what the odds would be that both of them still being missing wouldn't be correlated other than it was her car...

Do we think HP and her car missing are related? I mean it would seem pretty coincidental if something happened to her or she ran off and left it and it just so happened to be stolen and sold or chopped. But at the same time...if it had been sitting there for days and was noticed maybe the car was an easy target? I am just thinking there was a lot of time between her last being seen in the alley and the dog being found at H+F.

We know the dog was there right after she was last seen but what was the date again that JW finally found out the dog was at H+F? I am assuming he was the first to find out and I can't remember from when he found out to when the H+F was first asked for surveillance which they turned down until LE had a warrant and then from there how long did it take to get again? I have looked through all the timelines on here but neither of those are on there so does anyone know?

I just wonder at this point if she and her car are even intertwined or if they are two totally separate incidences and what the odds would be that both of them still being missing wouldn't be correlated other than it was her car...
There is nothing to suggest that HP's car is missing; it's possible that LE has located it. Do you disagree? Is there any solid indication that HP's car is missing?

There is nothing to suggest that HP's car is missing; it's possible that LE has located it. Do you disagree? Is there any solid indication that HP's car is missing?
I agree. I think it’s just the lack of updates in general. I think all we know about the car is that JW didn’t find it in the garage, which we know was to be expected since guests park in the lot across the street (I’m sure he checked there too).

Perhaps a bit too much is being made over the now pubic custody docs. If I asked the next ten people that I see if they know what the Daily Mail is they'd answer with No. If I asked the next ten people that I see if they've heard of HP, they'd most likely answer No. Parents at BWs school may be respectful and not gossip about this personal matter when young children are present.

BW will be fine although it may take some time. His father loves him deeply. He knows his mother loved him, too. I hope JW takes very good care of himself bc when their son is of the legal age of 18, he'll be 70yo.

Thank you very much for posting legal data for us, @Keyedin

Can we assume this activity was when HP regained 50/50 custody of their son:

It doesn't seem as if the couple was on amicable terms if the court had to intervene by ordering mediation. Perhaps JW was hesitant to give up full control, att.

It has been my experience that requesting lawyer fees and court costs is standard practice. Also, when approaching the court with modifications to child support, the Judge typically requires a substantial change in income.

Without publicly divulging particulars, are you able to read the documents that reveal the amount of funds being quibbled over and is private school tuition mentioned? What about car notes and car, home and health insurance in HPs declaration of income and expenses? Can you see those figures? Simply seeking a yes or no answer. Originally, I thought the school tution was $60k per year but it is actually vastly different in that it's about one sixth of that amount. TYIA

JMVHOO

Perhaps a bit too much is being made over the now pubic custody docs. If I asked the next ten people that I see if they know what the Daily Mail is they'd answer with No. If I asked the next ten people that I see if they've heard of HP, they'd most likely answer No. Parents at BWs school may be respectful and not gossip about this personal matter when young children are present.

BW will be fine although it may take some time. His father loves him deeply. He knows his mother loved him, too. I hope JW takes very good care of himself bc when their son is of the legal age of 18, he'll be 70yo.

It doesn't seem as if the couple was on amicable terms if the court had to intervene by ordering mediation. Perhaps JW was hesitant to give up full control, att.

It has been my experience that requesting lawyer fees and court costs is standard practice. Also, when approaching the court with modifications to child support, the Judge typically requires a substantial change in income.

Without publicly divulging particulars, are you able to read the documents that reveal the amount of funds being quibbled over and is private school tuition mentioned? What about car notes and car, home and health insurance in HPs declaration of income and expenses? Can you see those figures? Simply seeking a yes or no answer. Originally, I thought the school tution was $60k per year but it is actually vastly different in that it's about one sixth of that amount. TYIA

JMVHOO

I wish I agreed with the comments about the DM but I don’t, I’m afraid. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea (and certainly not mine) but it is a huge media outlet and it always sits very high in internet search results.

The reports will matter more if LE come back requesting public assistance, I guess. That sort of thing will colour perceptions. If she’s alive it’ll be a tough one to shake off. If she has disappeared voluntarily it’s probably the least of her worries right now though.

There has been no clarity so far about where Seven was actually located much less when JW retrieved the dog. And no information on the date of search warrant or the scope of warrant for H&F.
I would imagine LE would ask for parking, lobby, elevator video. It seems like there would be sufficient cause to at least interview the dog rescuers but a Warrant to search their or other abodes and entire floors would not be easy to get without very compelling evidence or perhaps even necessary.
Surely there is ample video inside and out to see where she went after the video. And to know if she arrived around there in her Range Rover .

Statistically, vehicles stolen on the DTLA streets are ripped off within 15 minutes of being parked. Yikes- pay more and go with Valet or in a good lot.

Another grim fact: after 30 days missing in CA at least, LE and Coroners offices start taking a closer look and sharing info on unidentified dead.
LE may have gotten DNA from the search at Heidi’s- toothbrush, hairbrush… or from a voluntary sample from a close relative. Dental records, X-rays etc have probably already been provided.
There’s recent indications that in a complex high profile possibly multi-country investigation, LAPD does not update until arrests are made or the investigation is closed.
MOO

Last edited:

JMVHOO
Unfortunately you have to pay for the document images, so I don’t have any details outside of the summary that’s available to the public. I agree the 2/17/17 filing was HP’s journey to regaining 50/50 custody split. I just thought it was notable that during the period he first requested temporary custody (the docs published by DM), there didn’t appear to be any filings on behalf of HP, which made me wonder what was going on during that time period and whether it could be something similar to the current situation.

The only specific reference to school was the request JW filed for modification regarding changing BW’s school and the holiday schedule. No further details than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member