TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip> We need to get that geofence warrant and figure out who else was out there that night. I strongly believe someone took him. I’m in Austin TX, not far from Luling. I’ve been in that area where the accident occurred, they would have found him by now if he was there.

Out of any body part, the feet are probably the most robust. They can take a beating, and then some. His feet would be the absolute least of my worries.
I agree the feet are pretty robust but the point is because of the condition of the rough potholed road, insects animals in the rough grass spider bite maybe snake bite maybe thorns nettles etc. other rough vegetation on the ground rusted oil tank parts like rusted nails, he may have been effected so his movement would be hampered also. So I imagine he didn't get far. That grass was rough and long and who knows what's in there.

<modsnip> We need to get that geofence warrant and figure out who else was out there that night. I strongly believe someone took him. I’m in Austin TX, not far from Luling. I’ve been in that area where the accident occurred, they would have found him by now if he was there.
I wonder if with a head injury he could be confused enough to go somewhere with someone, and the person led him astray. But again this wouldn't be far from his crash sight. A naked man in a residential area would have gotten a call to police so he didn't get that far. Its pretty sparse in terms of residences in the area he crashed it was desolate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think with a possible head injury mixed with possible hypothermia, the sense of touch might abate, rendering him more able to navigate a terrain he would normally struggle with.

I've been watching the thread after listening to the vanished podcast on JL. IIRC, his father mentioned the possibility of a third party, potentially DUI, in the podcast but was unable to confirm. I'll have to go back and listen again to be sure, but reading now about conflicting theories amongst PIs and LE makes sense. The idea of another person isn't necessarily a new idea, but I don't think it was given much thought to begin with. It'll be interesting to see where that goes.

If his parents still have his phone, you can download user history directly from the app. It won't necessarily give you content, but it will show sender/receiver/date/time. Facebook has the same feature now.

Feet -shmeet!

Do you think JL crashed his car, suffering a blood-less, slow- acting but fatal head injury, such that JL left the car running with it lights on, took all his belongings from the car walked a few hundred yards down the road toward Luling, took off his clothes, threw all clothes and possesions on the highway, took off his shoes, walked barefoot into the night forest, dug a hole with his bare hands, got in, covered himself up and then died from a car crash head injury?
If you believe that, say so!

Feet -shmeet!

Do you think JL crashed his car, suffering a blood-less, slow- acting but fatal head injury, such that JL left the car running with it lights on, took all his belongings from the car walked a few hundred yards down the road toward Luling, took off his clothes, threw all clothes and possesions on the highway, took off his shoes, walked barefoot into the night forest, dug a hole with his bare hands, got in, covered himself up and then died from a car crash head injury?
If you believe that, say so!

I think this was already asked, word for word, and at least one person gave it credence. In my professional opinion, I am also open to this possibility at this point assuming the validity of the facts reported (LE can say whatever they want and often do not report known facts, or purposely withhold or misrepresent in an effort to ferret our information germane to a crime) and what research shows us. I am not opining as to a percentage of likelihood, just that it is indeed possible. I'll say so. IMO

Didn't I read somewhere in this thread that an off duty firefighter saw the car but then someone who drove that road shortly before or after said they didn't see the car?

I don't recall that (two contradicting witnesses). Are you thinking of the oil worker driving on SFR at 11:30 p.m. who reported seeing no car?

They have pretty precise times for when Jason left the apt and when he left that intersection in Luling - i have to double check it on my desktop, but there would be very little or no time to stop to pick up a hitchhiker.

I find it awfully hard to imagine a scenario where someone else was in Jason's car or that a third party would stage the scene in such a bizarre way. But not impossible. And I am open to rethinking everything if new evidence is released.

While a geofence warrant would be most helpful, I think we have to accept that without evidence of a crime (i.e., probable cause defined), pursuant to the 6/22/18 USSC Carpenter ruling, there will not be a judge in the US that will sign the warrant based on the public's constitutional rights to privacy and one's electronic footprint, without probable cause.

In other words, what the investigation needs to bump resources forward is evidence of a crime.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/17pdf/16-402_h315.pdf

Geofence Warrants and the Fourth Amendment

Hmmm? I wonder what makes Texas Equusearch suspect that? There has to be a reason why they think that. If possible can you post that reason. Thanks.
Here is what Texas Equusearch said on their Facebook page. BBM

UPDATE: SEARCH SUSPENDED - Over the last nine days; law enforcement investigators and two different search teams have searched for Jason Landry in every accessible, reasonable and practical place that he might be. Searchers and law enforcement investigators have utilized multiple resources in the search for Jason, including a helicopter with infrared cameras, UAVs (drones), side-scan sonar, scent dogs, as well as searchers on foot, ATVs and horseback. We will not speculate on what may have happen to Jason, but we feel the vast area surrounding the accident scene has been thoroughly searched … and Jason still hasn’t been found. As a result, Texas EquuSearch is suspending our search operations for Jason until law enforcement investigators obtain credible, and sufficient information that would lead our team into a more specific area to search.

I think he was confused after the crash, walked a long way, burrowed somewhere, and now we just need to find him, if there's anything left. :(

I though it was cold that night, it was winter. Would the ground have been hard?

<modsnip>

I don’t know the specific area searched in terms of miles but this news article references thousands of acres. I don’t know whether this included areas only searched by drone, but a large area was searched, more than once, with highly skilled people and with cadaver dogs. There’s been 6 major searches according to the article and they’re now using AI.

When EquuSearch say they don’t believe he’s in that area, I’m inclined to trust their opinion.

JMO MOO

Jason Landry: Crews use artificial intelligence to help search for missing Texas State student

Search team scours Caldwell County again for missing Texas State student

SEARCH SUSPENDED: Jason Landry – Caldwell County, Texas (12/14/20)

Last edited by a moderator:
When EquuSearch say they don’t believe he’s in that area, I’m inclined to trust their opinion.

JMO MOO

(RSBM)

JMO...that is not how I interpret their statement. TES is not saying that he isn't in the area. They said that they've thoroughly searched the area and are waiting on new/credible specific info to search again. If they got credible info (i.e. geofence warrant, witness, or something else), they would search again.

I drove this intersection so many times coming home from college in San Marcos to Houston. We went there this past weekend and driving that strip and hitting that intersection was so sad thinking about Jason and what possibly could have happened to him. The little towns between San Marcos and Luling are so small and rural as is Luling. Praying he is found.

While a geofence warrant would be most helpful, I think we have to accept that without evidence of a crime (i.e., probable cause defined), pursuant to the 6/22/18 USSC Carpenter ruling, there will not be a judge in the US that will sign the warrant based on the public's constitutional rights to privacy and one's electronic footprint, without probable cause.

In other words, what the investigation needs to bump resources forward is evidence of a crime.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/17pdf/16-402_h315.pdf

Geofence Warrants and the Fourth Amendment
I wonder if there would be a possibility to get it if there was a chance if someone led him astray as the perp realized that Jason was not in his right state of mind and was delusional. Realizing this just for the heck of it make Jason's plight worst just because they could. So IMO the possibility of a third party is still there. Although everything associated with hypothermia, head injury, being under the influence of drugs or alcohol. or and shock, finding a hole to lay in and bury oneself are all valid too. We just don't know,

I wonder if there would be a possibility to get it if there was a chance if someone led him astray as the perp realized that Jason was not in his right state of mind and was delusional. Realizing this just for the heck of it make Jason's plight worst just because they could. So IMO the possibility of a third party is still there. Although everything associated with hypothermia, head injury, being under the influence of drugs or alcohol. or and shock, finding a hole to lay in and bury oneself are all valid too. We just don't know,
I don't know if JL's family was ever able to "crack" his phone but if there was credible, suspicious activity present between JL and a third party, I believe they would have had a warrant at this time -- it's been nearly 12 months. I think after all the interviews of those that knew JL best and a review of his phone calling records, there was nothing to draw from. Unfortunately -- that might not be the same with his phone apps that would not likely be available to family without a warrant. MOO

I don't know if JL's family was ever able to "crack" his phone but if there was credible, suspicious activity present between JL and a third party, I believe they would have had a warrant at this time -- it's been nearly 12 months. I think after all the interviews of those that knew JL best and a review of his phone calling records, there was nothing to draw from. Unfortunately -- that might not be the same with his phone apps that would not likely be available to family without a warrant. MOO
But I don't know if you got the point I was trying to make that he encountered someone on the road or grass where he was walking in his confused state not before this tragedy occurred. I could be wrong but I think you are alluding to before as in someone he may have known. Correct me if I'm wrong and accept my apology if I am.

I have always thought that the month or so before this happened is crucial to understanding what happened. But, we have no details of what he was thinking, feeling, believing from friends and classmates up at school. Whether he had registered for the spring semester, or if he had gotten into the music program he had applied for. Had he been missing classes in the fall semester etc.
I don't believe this was the Jason that everyone knew who left school for home that evening and we have been applying speculation as to what happened on the supposition that he was his his normal self. I believe that there were other influences on him that we have not been made aware of.
MOO MOO MOO and more MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member