HI HI - Susan Scanlan, 55, Koloa, 5 Nov 2006

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.khnl.com/Global/story.asp?S=7483972&nav=menu55_1

12 Dec 07

Kauai Police and the family of Susan Scanlan is asking for your help with locating Susan.

She was last seen leaving her home on Hoonani Road in Koloa on November 5 at about 11 AM.

Scanlan is 55-years-old. She is 5'4, weighs 140 pounds, and has green eyes and brown hair. She is of Caucasian descent and has a fair complexion and medium build.

Anyone with information about Scanlan is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 241-1887.

pic
7483972_BG1.jpg

http://starbulletin.com/2007/12/12/news/briefs.html

12 Dec 07

The Kauai police are seeking information on the whereabouts of Koloa resident Susan Scanlan, who has been missing for more than a year.

Scanlan, 55, was last seen leaving her home on Hoonani Road in Koloa on Nov. 5, 2006, at approximately 11 a.m., police said. She is 5 feet 4 inches tall, weighs 140 pounds, and has green eyes and brown hair.

During the past 15 years, Scanlan has traveled frequently between Kauai and California. She enjoys bodyboarding and swimming, especially at Prince Kuhio Park in Poipu, officials said.

Anyone with information about Scanlan is asked to call Detective Todd Tanaka, 241-1694, police dispatch, 241-1711, or CrimeStoppers, 241-1887.

(Bolding is mine.)

Seriously, it's an island! How far could she have gone without being noticed?!

http://www.khnl.com/Global/story.asp?S=7483972&nav=menu55_1

12 Dec 07

Kauai Police and the family of Susan Scanlan is asking for your help with locating Susan.

She was last seen leaving her home on Hoonani Road in Koloa on November 5 at about 11 AM.

Scanlan is 55-years-old. She is 5'4, weighs 140 pounds, and has green eyes and brown hair. She is of Caucasian descent and has a fair complexion and medium build.

Anyone with information about Scanlan is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 241-1887.

pic
7483972_BG1.jpg

Susan has not been found as of April 19 2008.

National Center for Missing Adults
Susan Marie Scanlan
http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200805588S
If you believe you have any information regarding this case that will be helpful in this investigation please contact:
Kauai Police Department at (808) 241-1771 Investigative Case #:2006-28998

Susan went on a dinner sunset sail the evening of November 5, 2006. On November 6, 2006 last contact was made via phone from her residence in the 2600 block of Hoonani Rd. in Koloa Kauai, HI. All items but her IPOD were left at residence.

Was it ever confirmed that Susan went on the dinner sunset sail or was she last seen leaving her residence?

Kathy, if you read here again I am so sorry she is still missing.

I have only lived on Oahu for about 6 weeks now (or a bit longer), and I have read and heard how indifferent the Kauai LE can be with missing persons. Kauai in my humble opinion also has a lot of crime that isn't reported nationally, or is reported once and not followed up with media because of the tourism industry in this state.

If anyone has not been here, the entire islands are geared towards the tourism industry. Which is called the guest industry here. JMHO.

FWIW, I just read an article dated February 03, 2008, about another young man that is missing on Kauai. He hasn't been located either.

In the article the Kauai LE were interviewed and as of 2008, there were 63 missing persons on Kauai.

I have found no listing for those missing persons. Not in any national database and not on the Hawaii database either.

I'm deeply disturbed by that.

Susan was on the Captain Andy Sunset Sail on Nov 5th 2006. I confirmed this with the company. Susan talked to a few friends morning of Nov. 6th 2006. That is the last we know. Her purse was by the front door, as if she was going out, or just coming back. She would never leave it there for a period of time. The apt was in perfect shape.

The time spent on her case was zero. Yes we don't want to scare the tourist away. I am still working on her case and I do employee others to help when I can. I know that Susan is gone. I only wish to bring her body out of Kauai.

Days go by and life continues, but I know by keeping her story alive, I will find out what happened to her.

Thanks for you thoughts that are very appreciated.

The family's have to fill out the forms for the Missing Sites and send pictures. The Police do not do this. If the Family does not do it, you will not know who is missing or what they look like.

Kathy

Was it ever confirmed that Susan went on the dinner sunset sail or was she last seen leaving her residence?

Kathy, if you read here again I am so sorry she is still missing.

I have only lived on Oahu for about 6 weeks now (or a bit longer), and I have read and heard how indifferent the Kauai LE can be with missing persons. Kauai in my humble opinion also has a lot of crime that isn't reported nationally, or is reported once and not followed up with media because of the tourism industry in this state.

If anyone has not been here, the entire islands are geared towards the tourism industry. Which is called the guest industry here. JMHO.

I want to Thank You for this information.

I have again turned the case over to Kauai. These are the things that they know and do not tell me. I felt that the officials in Kauai would reinvestigate this case. However, I hit the Kauai Police wall of Silence
My sister's NCIC Report is a disgrace. Wrong information with intent.

I truly appreciate the time you took out of your day to give me this information.
Kathy Hall
Sister of Susan Scanlan Missing in Kauai Koloa November 6th 2006

I recommend the book KPD Blue
http://www.amazon.com/KPD-Blue-Political-Corruption-Department/product-reviews/1439203466

http://parxnewsdaily.blogspot.com/2008/09/kpd-blue-chapter-4-kauai-style.html

http://parxnewsdaily.blogspot.com/2008/09/kpd-blue-chapter-5-maryanne-kusaka.html

IT has been 5yrs since Susan Scanlan has been missing. Susan bought a gun on October 19th 2006 and registered it with Kauai Police department located in the town of Lihue No. KC 41862.

16 days later Susan is Missing. Susan was well aware that she was in danger, she got a gun that gave her a false sense of security, for as we know it did not help her the night of Nov 5th 2006.

One thing I have failed to mention is that Susan did alot of filming during this time, she was also active in video work on the Monk Seals' in Kauai.
She had CD's of film and had been filming during this time.

The video camera was never found nor was any of her current work. Her current work would have been in her apt. along with her video camera, but only a few old videos' were located at the time Kauai Police took her personal items.
NO Video Camera was located in apt.

Her Smith & Wesson Gun No. KC 41862, Gun case, two boxes of ammunition are also missing.

Sister
Kathe Scanlan-Hall

August 2nd 2013

Susan Scanlan Still Missing we have no leads.

Anyone with any information please post.

Thanks

Kathe Hall

Susan Scanlan Missing Koloa Kauai Hi

November 5th 2006

Do you think you know the day your going to die?

There are days and situations that the end seems close.

I lived in L.A. were people are killed in their homes by strangers.

I locked my door and bolted the inside lock. That made me safe inside.

On my days in Kauai they started out bad from day one.

I had that feeling that my time was close.

I did not know what it was but it started before the problems started.

Then as every smart girl does.

I bought a gun. Registered it, I took my lessons. I paid attention.

I also did extract practice time.

I was feeling better, I added a arm holster. One more step of feeling safe.

Then I put it on every morning and knew that this was not the day I would die.

Two weeks after I did all this I started to feel safer.

I took a two-hour sunset cruise that afternoon from Port Allen. I left my weapon at home.

I had dinner with friends.

Had a glass or two of wine

I drove the Beach Road Home

I came home. Unlocked my door.

I never got a chance to put my holster on.

That was the day I died.

k.hall August 2nd 2013

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12702/44
Status Missing
First name Susan
Middle name Marie
Last name Scanlan
Nickname/Alias Sue
Date last seen November 05, 2006 11:06
Date entered 10/17/2011
Age last seen 54 to years old
Age now 62 years old
Race White
Ethnicity Other
Sex Female
Height (inches) 64.0
Weight (pounds) 130.0 to 140.0

Dental Status: Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later
DNA Status: Sample available - Not yet submitted
Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is available elsewhere

Susan has been missing for 8 years today.

Bumping case. 10.5 years is too long for a case to go without leads. I wish this case could be solved, but the KPD seems too incompetent at this rate IMHO.

Bumping for Susan. The lack of interest by the police on this case is appalling, as is the dearth of media coverage. I’m sorry you’ve had to deal with so much, Kathy. Thank for you for posting here about Susan’s case and for keeping her memory alive.

From what I’ve read here, it sounds like Susan’s Ipod wasn’t the only thing missing from her apartment; possible video equipment and her gun, gun case, and ammunition were missing as well? And that she left the apartment on her own (because of the purse left close to the door, etc.)? Did she purchase the gun because she was afraid of someone in particular? Why was she scared? I wish I knew more about this case. Susan deserves justice!

Where is the Justice

Susan Scanlan missing Kauai Hi 11/5/2006 is still missing. From Sister Kathe Scanlan Maui HI
It has taken me a lot of work to get back on her site.
From day one my ID was in her wallet, most knew she had a sister in Maui Hi as Susan Scanlan went to Kauai
for many years to film the Monk Seals.
Now that I can get on the site I will update later, but all that was done to find us was zero from Kauai Police Department.
Anything to solve case was zero.

It is not fair that they had leads and all ignored and family left out as I know she got mail.
The Mail was taken by others and Kauai Police never went to her P.O. Box in Koloa that Susan Scanlan had for years.
The Address she was at received mail, but other took and never gave to her family.
Her cell phone was on, her e mail was on.
Just No Susan returning calls and messages.
Most of her items were auto pay.
But all knew Susan Scanlan was missing from the area.
Reported to Kauai Police that took a month to come to her apt on the Beach Road around 2 blocks from Sheraton.
you could see her apt from the Road.

Kathe Scanlan
Maui HI

Where is the Justice

Susan Scanlan missing Kauai Hi 11/5/2006 is still missing. From Sister Kathe Scanlan Maui HI
It has taken me a lot of work to get back on her site.
From day one my ID was in her wallet, most knew she had a sister in Maui Hi as Susan Scanlan went to Kauai
for many years to film the Monk Seals.
Now that I can get on the site I will update later, but all that was done to find us was zero from Kauai Police Department.
Anything to solve case was zero.

It is not fair that they had leads and all ignored and family left out as I know she got mail.
The Mail was taken by others and Kauai Police never went to her P.O. Box in Koloa that Susan Scanlan had for years.
The Address she was at received mail, but other took and never gave to her family.
Her cell phone was on, her e mail was on.
Just No Susan returning calls and messages.
Most of her items were auto pay.
But all knew Susan Scanlan was missing from the area.
Reported to Kauai Police that took a month to come to her apt on the Beach Road around 2 blocks from Sheraton.
you could see her apt from the Road.

Kathe Scanlan/Kathe Hall
Maui HI

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member