Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #101

Status
Not open for further replies.
A covid-19 patient’s family was choosing her gravestone. Then she awoke after weeks on a ventilator. — The Washington Post

“Bettina was in Maine to help Andrew and his family care for his father, who was battling stage-four cancer, Andrew said. But in early September, Andrew, his wife, his father and Bettina all contracted the coronavirus. Andrew, who had not been vaccinated, said being sick was “brutal,” but he, his wife and his father recovered.”

“Bettina, who also had not been vaccinated, did not recover. “She was planning on getting vaccinated before she left Florida, but she ran out of time,” Andrew said. “She was going to get vaccinated up here, but she came down with covid.”

(She’s had Covid for six months? She was on a ventilator for the month of October so unless she had been in the hospital for six months she could have gotten the shot starting in February with her age and health conditions!)

“After about a week of being in the hospital, Bettina was put on a ventilator and fell into a coma that lasted more than a month. Doctors told Andrew’s family that Bettina’s lungs “were destroyed,” he said. And because Bettina was reaching her 70s, had diabetes and had undergone a recent quadruple-bypass surgery, doctors “thought there was no chance of survival at that point.”

Oh geez, none of them were vaccinated.
:(

A covid-19 patient’s family was choosing her gravestone. Then she awoke after weeks on a ventilator. — The Washington Post

“Bettina was in Maine to help Andrew and his family care for his father, who was battling stage-four cancer, Andrew said. But in early September, Andrew, his wife, his father and Bettina all contracted the coronavirus. Andrew, who had not been vaccinated, said being sick was “brutal,” but he, his wife and his father recovered.”

“Bettina, who also had not been vaccinated, did not recover. “She was planning on getting vaccinated before she left Florida, but she ran out of time,” Andrew said. “She was going to get vaccinated up here, but she came down with covid.”

(She’s had Covid for six months? She was on a ventilator for the month of October so unless she had been in the hospital for six months she could have gotten the shot starting in February with her age and health conditions!)

“After about a week of being in the hospital, Bettina was put on a ventilator and fell into a coma that lasted more than a month. Doctors told Andrew’s family that Bettina’s lungs “were destroyed,” he said. And because Bettina was reaching her 70s, had diabetes and had undergone a recent quadruple-bypass surgery, doctors “thought there was no chance of survival at that point.”

Oh geez, none of them were vaccinated.
:(
BBM. You do not really 'fall into a coma' and then are put on a ventilator, you are in a medically induced coma to be intubated.

Just reported on NBC Evening News: Booster does not require 2-week wait period for efficacy.

I heard that too, but yesterday I heard someone ( can't recall who) say it took 2 weeks for efficacy. Since my booster yesterday I have pretty bad aching in my arm, back and neck muscles. Interestingly that aching got worse tonight. I am kind of surprised because I did not get that with those two injections initially. I am taking Tylenol. I really hope it is true the booster takes effect right away.

I heard that too, but yesterday I heard someone ( can't recall who) say it took 2 weeks for efficacy. Since my booster yesterday I have pretty bad aching in my arm, back and neck muscles. Interestingly that aching got worse tonight. I am kind of surprised because I did not get that with those two injections initially. I am taking Tylenol. I really hope it is true the booster takes effect right away.
I got really ill with my first shot. It came on really suddenly, lasted for 24 hours almost to the minute and left just as suddenly. I did not take my temperature but I know it was very high, because I got a fever induced cold sore on my lip.
I have not had a fever (or pain of any kind) for donkey years and only had micro aspirin. I had to take six to get 500mg.
My next shot, I had no reaction at all.

My understanding, so JMO, is that the stimulation, or re-stimulation of the immune system is a continuing, and multi-step process. It makes sense to me that additional exposures to an antigen (from repeated exposure, or re-vaccination), would result in a faster immune response, than initial exposure, but this is all JMO. The immune system is complex, and individual variance is a reality. All JMO.

My understanding, so JMO, is that the stimulation, or re-stimulation of the immune system is a continuing, and multi-step process. It makes sense to me that additional exposures to an antigen (from repeated exposure, or re-vaccination), would result in a faster immune response, than initial exposure, but this is all JMO. The immune system is complex, and individual variance is a reality. All JMO.

That would make sense----

A California couple vanished after stealing millions in Covid-19 relief funds. They left a goodbye note for their three kids - CNN

upload_2021-11-19_4-13-27.pngupload_2021-11-19_4-14-22.png

FBI Los Angeles
@FBILosAngeles

Fugitives wanted for Covid fraud were sentenced in absentia. FBILA Chief Kristi Johnson said, "The FBI is actively investigating and will pursue Terabelian and Ayvazyan until they’re taken into custody to pay for their crimes. #Wanted Read details here: http://ow.ly/e4f450GPpbN

(CNN) Richard Ayvazyan and his wife, Marietta Terabelian, were facing prison for their role in a massive covid relief fraud scheme when they cut off their electronic tracking bracelets and fled their California home, abandoning their three teenage children.

They left a typewritten note for the kids, ages 13, 15 and 16.
"We will be together again one day," it read, according to Ayvazyan's attorney. "This is not a goodbye but a brief break from each other."

This was late August. Almost three months later -- and five months after their convictions in June -- the couple still have not been found. The FBI is searching for them.

Last edited:
Our pharmacist who gave my husband the Pfizer vaccine booster said two weeks. The hospital where I got my Moderna booster told me two weeks for the booster shot to be fully effective.

I just sent an Email to the evening news with Lester Holt advising them that Kate Snow on the evening news Thurs Nov 18 stated the Covid booster provided efficacy immediately. I stated that I have been given other information from pharmacists that it takes two weeks to offer good protection. I suggested that since millions of people are watching them, they must make sure the information they provide is correct. I am thinking there might be a continuum of efficacy that begins to build as the days go on but I really would like a concrete answer to this question. It would seem to me that since our immune system has been primed with 2 prior shots, that the booster would offer good protection sooner than two weeks.

It could literally be years before we find out for sure--if ever...

This is an interesting scenario.

The Covid lab leak theory just got even stronger | The Spectator

"Two years in, there is no doubt the Covid pandemic began in the Chinese city of Wuhan. But there is also little doubt that the bat carrying the progenitor of the virus lived somewhere else.

Central to the mystery of Covid’s origin is how a virus normally found in horseshoe bats in caves in the far south of China or south-east Asia turned up in a city a thousand miles north. New evidence suggests that part of the answer might lie in Laos."

It was never vax or be fired. It was vax, or test and mask or be fired. OSHA not enforcing the mandate is due to this decision from the 5th Circuit, which doesn't mince words.

https://ljc-assets.s3.amazonaws.com...-orders-Fed-to-stand-down-on-OSHA-mandate.pdf

I'm not surprised the Court ruled the way they did. I'm a little surprised OSHA backed down so quickly.

It was an arbitrary mandate anyway, since something like only 15% of the working population work for companies with more than 100 employees.

I have a question--Does anyone know how long it takes the booster
to become effective?? I heard somewhere it was 2weeks, but tonight
on evening news they said protection kicks in immediately

JMOO, but I don't understand how the protection could kick in immediately.

Maybe they're assuming the person who gets the booster still has a modicum of protection from the initial vaccine?

Europe's Covid crisis: Austria makes vaccines mandatory for EVERYONE | Daily Mail Online

Austria has become the first European country to make Covid vaccines mandatory for everyone as the government scrapped its 'vaccine apartheid' in favour of a full nationwide lockdown today.

Chancellor Alexander Schallenberg announced that, from February 1, everyone will be legally required to have a Covid vaccine or face unspecified 'penalties'. He did not make it clear which age groups will be included, though it is assumed there will be exemptions for the very young and those who cannot be jabbed for medical reasons.

'For a long time there was consensus in this country that we do not want vaccinations to be compulsory,' he said, before adding: 'For a long time, maybe too long, it was assumed that it would be possible to achieve a high vaccination rate even without an obligation. Now we have to face reality.'

Health Minister Wolfgang Muckstein said the government has consulted with constitutional lawyers who suggested such a move would be legal, but said the start of the mandate has been pushed to next year to allow for a 'proper review period'.

The move is likely to prove hugely controversial, and comes after Austria locked down only unvaccinated people earlier this week in a move dubbed 'health apartheid'. That move was today scrapped in favour of a full lockdown, which will confine everyone to their homes starting Monday except for 'essential' reasons.

The shock announcement came as it was revealed that Europe is now in the midst of its biggest-ever Covid wave with the continent's one-day infection tally hitting a record high on Wednesday.

JMOO, but I don't understand how the protection could kick in immediately.

Maybe they're assuming the person who gets the booster still has a modicum of protection from the initial vaccine?
Tetanus boosters kick in immediately.

Tetanus boosters kick in immediately.

That could be. I just wondered about the covid booster because we were originally told the vaccine took 2 weeks to reach full protection, and if the booster is just half of a regular vaccine dose, I wonder how it could protect immediately.

I think if someone feels as though their immunity from the initial vaccine is low, it might not hurt to take a couple weeks of extra precautions after getting the booster, too.

Just my thoughts.

That could be. I just wondered about the covid booster because we were originally told the vaccine took 2 weeks to reach full protection, and if the booster is just half of a regular vaccine dose, I wonder how it could protect immediately.

I think if someone feels as though their immunity from the initial vaccine is low, it might not hurt to take a couple weeks of extra precautions after getting the booster, too.

Just my thoughts.

As far as I know, it is only the Moderna vaccine that uses 1/2 dose for the booster. I believe that is because Moderna was 3 x stronger than Pfizer (Pfizer= 30 micrograms per dose v. Moderna, 100 micrograms per dose. I would think the booster would kick in more quickly because our immune systems are primed by the first two doses, as opposed to when we got the vaccine initially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member