Deceased/Not Found CO - Gail Wilson, 81, truck recovered in Denver, Lakewood, 31 Oct 2021 *Arrests, GUILTY*

Savannah Wilson, accused in 81-year-old dad's murder, claims his death 'was an accident' | FOX31 Denver

When FOX31 asked, “Did Ricardo [kill your dad]?” — she responded, “Not on purpose.”

Savannah Wilson declined to go into detail about what happened after her father died or her level of involvement.

When asked how she feels toward Perez after the death of her father, she said, “Regardless of how many people I hurt by saying this, I still love him.”

“I don’t think any of us are a bad guy. This was an accident,” she said.

Savannah Wilson did not admit guilt in the interview with FOX31, nor did she claim innocence.

“I think I just got caught up in the wrong thing,” she said. “There are no, no words that could ever express the deep ache of remorse and guilt that I’m feeling for everything that I’ve been involved in.”

Prior to her arrest, Savannah Wilson was a massage therapist. The 24-year-old said she has a passion for helping people and had hopes of one day opening a nonprofit focused on people who have experienced trauma.

“I’ve jeopardized my character quite a bit. I’ve been known as somebody who’s honest, integral, has principle, and in doing all of the things I’ve done recently by lying to the police, that doesn’t show through my actions,” she said.

Savannah Wilson, accused in 81-year-old dad's murder, claims his death 'was an accident' | FOX31 Denver

When FOX31 asked, “Did Ricardo [kill your dad]?” — she responded, “Not on purpose.”

Savannah Wilson declined to go into detail about what happened after her father died or her level of involvement.

When asked how she feels toward Perez after the death of her father, she said, “Regardless of how many people I hurt by saying this, I still love him.”

Savannah Wilson did not admit guilt in the interview with FOX31, nor did she claim innocence.

“I think I just got caught up in the wrong thing,” she said. “There are no, no words that could ever express the deep ache of remorse and guilt that I’m feeling for everything that I’ve been involved in.”

Prior to her arrest, Savannah Wilson was a massage therapist. The 24-year-old said she has a passion for helping people and had hopes of one day opening a nonprofit focused on people who have experienced trauma.

“I’ve jeopardized my character quite a bit. I’ve been known as somebody who’s honest, integral, has principle, and in doing all of the things I’ve done recently by lying to the police, that doesn’t show through my actions,” she said.

This last line sounds like it came from her lawyer and a way to say I am only guilty of lying to the police.

RSBM
“I think I just got caught up in the wrong thing,” There are no, no words that could ever express the deep ache of remorse and guilt that I’m feeling for everything that I’ve been involved in.”

It's too late to undo what's been done, but now is a good time to prove her sincerity to her family. If Savannah's truly remorseful she could start alleviating some of that guilt by doing the right thing which includes 1) leading authorities to Gail's remains & 2) telling the truth about what happened and why. Otherwise, her words ring hollow, imo. Spill the beans, Savannah.

Gail Wilson case: 2 suspects charged in man's disappearance | 9news.com

LAKEWOOD, Colo. — Additional charges have been filed against a man and woman who were arrested in connection with the presumed death of an 81-year-old Lakewood man.

Savannah Wilson, 24, and Ricardo Perez, 35, were both arrested Nov. 11 and appeared in court Thursday morning.

Perez is now charged with the following:

• First-degree murder after deliberation
  • Tampering with a deceased human body
  • Attempt to influence a public servant
  • Tampering with physical evidence
  • He also faces a violent crime sentence enhancer count, which if he's convicted, would increase possible penalties.

• Savannah Wilson is now charged with the following:
    • Accessory to a crime
    • Attempting to influence a public servant

Gail Wilson was 'finished off' by daughter's boyfriend, according to arrest documents | FOX31 Denver

JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. (KDVR) – FOX31 obtained arrest warrants revealing details about the death of Gail Wilson and how investigators believe he was killed.

Wilson has not been seen since Oct. 31. Police believe photos from street cameras show his body hidden in trash bags and a rolled-up carpet in the bed of his truck.

In both Wilson and Perez’s arrest affidavits, police describe an interview with Gail and couple’s roommate Jay.

It states the following:

“Jay said he was in the living room when Gail tripped and fell to the ground in the upstairs hallway. Jay then saw Ricardo go up to Gail and “finish him off.” Jay explained he heard Ricardo beat Gail and said he did it with his fists.”

The affidavit also talks about an interview did with police stating that Wilson told police Ricardo apologized to her and told her he “let his anger get the best of him.”

The affidavit goes on to state the following:

“Savannah advised she did not call police at this time out of fear about what the neighbors would think about her if the police responded. Savannah and Ricardo then shared a joint (marijuana).”

Wilson is set to appear in court on Monday to receive a court-appointed attorney.

Police just arrested the witness!

Lakewood Police Arrest Jay Griffith, 3rd Suspect In Connection With Murder Of Missing Man Gail Wilson

Police arrested Jay Sean Griffith, 21, in connection with the homicide of Wilson. Griffith remains in custody at the Jefferson County Jail on suspicion of tampering with a deceased body and accessory to first-degree murder.

Jay-Sean-Griffith-11-11-2000-002-copy.jpg

Thank you all for updating this case. I guess everybody has certain cases that sicken them. This one must be mine. An 81 year old gentleman, who took this girl in to raise as his own, falls down one day. He is then beaten to death; no telling what else happened to him, then just discarded throughout the city. Nobody stops anybody else. Let’s just listen to those horrible sights and sounds, then smoke a joint.

How can these things happen? How can people get so hardened to the pain of others? I guess the only positive I can think of is he is reunited with his wife. Not through any natural means whatsoever. He had no choice.

Feeling so bad for his family and loved ones. This post expresses my own thoughts and opinions only. Jmvho.

edit: I am reporting my post to the admins in case they need to remove it, and apologize to anyone I may offend with my remarks.

Thank you all for updating this case. I guess everybody has certain cases that sicken them. This one must be mine. An 81 year old gentleman, who took this girl in to raise as his own, falls down one day. He is then beaten to death; no telling what else happened to him, then just discarded throughout the city. Nobody stops anybody else. Let’s just listen to those horrible sights and sounds, then smoke a joint.

How can these things happen? How can people get so hardened to the pain of others? I guess the only positive I can think of is he is reunited with his wife. Not through any natural means whatsoever. He had no choice.

Feeling so bad for his family and loved ones. This post expresses my own thoughts and opinions only. Jmvho.

edit: I am reporting my post to the admins in case they need to remove it, and apologize to anyone I may offend with my remarks.

This one is sticking with me too. I don't even believe the story about Gail falling down because I can't believe anything these three disgusting individuals have said. I fear Gail's body might not be located. I agree with you, the only comforting aspect is that Gail is with his beloved wife now. I just feel so horrible for his family, friends and loved ones. JMO

This one is sticking with me too. I don't even believe the story about Gail falling down because I can't believe anything these three disgusting individuals have said. I fear Gail's body might not be located. I agree with you, the only comforting aspect is that Gail is with his beloved wife now. I just feel so horrible for his family, friends and loved ones. JMO

Thank you SDF. My emotions got the best of me last night. All cases of murder and even worse are terrible and hard for us to comprehend. And there are so many. All deserve justice.

Exactly. I seriously doubt Mr Wilson fell also. Suspect he was in a struggle for his very life right then. A struggle that he sadly lost because no one in that dwelling would lift a little finger to help him.

Those involved will get what’s coming to them, and it won’t come any time too soon.

jmo

Missing elderly Lakewood man Gail Wilson was beaten to death | 9news.com

An elderly Lakewood man who was reported missing in October 2021 was beaten to death in the upstairs hallway of his home, then wrapped in black plastic before his body was eventually dumped in a Denver dumpster, according to an arrest affidavit from the Lakewood Police Department (LPD).

Documents related to the disappearance and killing of Gail Wilson had remained sealed until now.

Savannah Wilson, 24, and Ricardo Perez, 35, who both lived with Gail Wilson, were arrested on Nov. 11 in connection with the case. Jay Griffith, another roommate, was arrested a week later.

OCT 25

LAKEWOOD, Colo. — One of three people charged in connection with the death of an elderly Jefferson County man pleaded guilty in the case.

Jay Griffith was initially charged with four counts related to the death of 81-year-old Gail Wilson, who was reported missing by family members on Nov. 1.

The charges against Griffith included:

• Accessory to a crime
  • Concealing death
Griffith pleaded guilty to the concealing death charge in May and the three other counts were dismissed, court records show.

OCT 25

LAKEWOOD, Colo. — One of three people charged in connection with the death of an elderly Jefferson County man pleaded guilty in the case.

Jay Griffith was initially charged with four counts related to the death of 81-year-old Gail Wilson, who was reported missing by family members on Nov. 1.

The charges against Griffith included:

• Accessory to a crime
  • Concealing death
Griffith pleaded guilty to the concealing death charge in May and the three other counts were dismissed, court records show.

TY for the update, @GuyfromCanada!

More from the article

SBBM
On Monday, his sentencing date was set for March 15. The long delay was related to scheduling and the setting of trial dates for his co-defendants, Savannah Wilson and Ricardo Perez.
[snip]
Perez... [Snip] ...jury trial is set to begin on Feb. 24.
Savannah [snip] ... arraignment hearing on Nov. 3.

Updated: 5:39 PM MST January 22, 2022

LAKEWOOD, Colo. — Content Warning: This article includes topics that may be sensitive for some readers, including violence.

An elderly Lakewood man who was reported missing in October 2021 was beaten to death in the upstairs hallway of his home, then wrapped in black plastic before his body was eventually dumped in a Denver dumpster, according to an arrest affidavit from the Lakewood Police Department (LPD).

Details from the affidavit are in the link above.

DENVER (KDVR) — Three people were sentenced for their role in the murder of 81-year-old Gail Wilson, one of them being his adopted daughter, Savannah Wilson.

On July 14, Savannah’s boyfriend, Ricardo Perez, was convicted of first-degree murder and sentenced to life in prison plus 12 years, according to the District Attorney’s press release.

Perez’s accomplices, Savannah and Jay Griffith, pled guilty to accessory to a crime and concealing death.

Griffith spent 611 days in custody and received five years of probation along with substance abuse and mental health evaluation.

After 445 days in custody, Savannah received seven years of probation with substance abuse and mental health evaluations. While the family offered forgiveness in court during Griffith’s sentencing, they did not extend their support for Savannah.

One family member even referred to her as a “monster,” according to the press release.

Savannah received 45 additional days in jail as an opportunity to make living arrangements after her release due to her lack of a support system.

The murder dates back to 2021 after Perez, Savannah and Griffith moved into Wilson’s house following the death of his wife. During the trial, jurors heard the testimony that on Oct. 31, 2021, Perez violently beat Wilson to death with a baseball bat after an altercation.

According to the press release, Perez then called Savannah and Griffith to help clean up and dispose of Wilson’s body. The three wrapped Wilson’s body in black roofing plastic, loaded a carpet and the bat into Wilson’s truck and drove to the Cheeseman Park area where they disposed of various items in different garbage cans and dumpsters.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back