AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what you mean about "everything to her ability"?
BBM, and snipped for focused reply.
I posted the same thing, just stated slightly different.
The parents seem to have trouble articulating facts and timelines clearly. Some think it's purely an attempt at deception. I think it is possible there is an inability to clearly articulate, in general.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I am not sure that anything the Wells do is enough for some of us.
There were grumbles about the polygraph and not hearing from a reliable source as to whether they passed it like they claimed- enter reliable source verifying that yes, in fact they did pass- and now it is doubtful as to whether polygraphs are even sorta accurate.

Then there were gripes that CW didn't do interviews- when she did people picked her a part.

Then we have DW- and his interviews- and w I am not even go to attempt to excuse his past or his etiquette- meh, nevermind.

We have had people that are well respected body language readers watch the Wells and they feel that the parents did not have a hand in SW disappearance. But...I mean, that isn't a real science is it?

Then - we heard about the "scream" and MANY doubted that anyone even reported that happening. There were innuendos that the Wells straight up made the story up. Whelp- we have the actual neighbor that contacted LE several times tell about that day and what she heard, but...she sure does seem sketchy. Can't really believe her.

Oh, but let's not forget Gran-(sorry I can't recall her initials) she left- she sure is sketchy. Why won't she talk in an interview? Never mind that her own child is missing for years with no answers, and now her grandchild is gone too. Super questionable.

I know there is more - but these are the first things that come to mind for me.

Before anyone believes that I am blind to the Wells and their issues, I assure you I am not. There is SO much that has been revealed that is unbecoming of parents raising young children. The boys are safe, and D & C have lost everything because they could not hold things together.

I will continue to hold hope that Summer is found and I won't condemn the family after all that they have endured.

If the announcement is ever made that one or more of them is guilty in the disappearance of SW, I will fully support maximum penalty and punishments. On the other hand, if they are found to NOT to have had anything to do with what happened to her. I will be happy to know that I didn't add to their grief.

I know how passionate people feel about this missing child, but remember that SHE loves her family despite their imperfections.

AMOO JMO MOO
Yes to all of this!!!!!

BBM, and snipped for focused reply.
I posted the same thing, just stated slightly different.
The parents seem to have trouble articulating facts and timelines clearly. Some think it's purely an attempt at deception. I think it is possible there is an inability to clearly articulate, in general.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Hmm, not quite sure how not being able to give a clearer timeline falls into the category of "inability to articulate, in general", though. Just my own opinion and thoughts etc.

There are people who have a difficult time putting thoughts into words. The words are in their head but they struggle to say what their brain is trying to tell them.
I was married to a man like that. Getting him to participate in a conversation that was important to our lives was like pulling teeth without anesthetic.
Likewise my step-daughter had no conception of time. If she said she woke up "about 10:00," it was likely that she actually woke at 10:55. She would see the first number and ignore the rest. For those of us who put a lot of regard to times, it probably is hard for Candus to estimate the time it took for certain things.... like fixing Gma's knee brace, or watching Summer walk into the house. For all we know, it could have been 20 minutes or more but seemed much less to her. Time passes at a steady rate to most of us but to her it might seem to be only "a couple of minutes" when it actually could have been significantly longer.

I agree @TxLady2, CBW reminds me a lot of my adult daughter - she just floats through life without paying close attention to anything in particular, has no concept of time and a hard time remembering/recognizing faces, autos and such. I can’t fault CBW’s loose timeline as my daughter, and even I, probably couldn’t say exactly what I did at what exact time today. If a traumatic event happened I am pretty sure I would be even worse at recounting it all.

There are people who have a difficult time putting thoughts into words. The words are in their head but they struggle to say what their brain is trying to tell them.
I was married to a man like that. Getting him to participate in a conversation that was important to our lives was like pulling teeth without anesthetic.
Likewise my step-daughter had no conception of time. If she said she woke up "about 10:00," it was likely that she actually woke at 10:55. She would see the first number and ignore the rest. For those of us who put a lot of regard to times, it probably is hard for Candus to estimate the time it took for certain things.... like fixing Gma's knee brace, or watching Summer walk into the house. For all we know, it could have been 20 minutes or more but seemed much less to her. Time passes at a steady rate to most of us but to her it might seem to be only "a couple of minutes" when it actually could have been significantly longer.
Which could have been the case and I would have no issue with that. Except, I haven't heard her say a "couple of minutes". I've heard her say 2 minutes or at a push 5 minutes.

Even if her concept of time is bad, what are the chances that Gma and the boys also have the same issue? They were there, so surely they must have an idea of how long it took.

These are the kind of conversations that had us all going around in circles for many threads.

It's a frustrating case for sure.

These people can talk perfectly well. Well, idk about CH, but i have no reason to believe she can't.

DW employs Donspeak, so there's that. This is probably related to him being an ex-con. Also, he does sometimes interpret things literally and answer accordingly. He can, however, conceptualize abstractly as well. So, the literalness might be related to his occupation (i.e.: he does it more often by necessity).

CB is clearly used to talking to people who know her and has her own idioms ("getting a Sonic", for example... I have never heard that because they have many different items). But, she engaged in a back and forth with CM and did not seem to have any trouble communicating.

I believe CB is medicated in some of her interviews such as the first TV interview (local station) and Dr. Phil. I would not be too surprised if she has been prescribed some sort of medication by a doctor, all things considered.

Problem is, a big part of CB's story of the day is she was basically goofing around and killing time. She wasn't really looking at a clock so it is just a tale of some people meandering around. The only thing that had to be done at a particular time was dropping CH at the hospital.

Because she didn't pay attention to the clock, there is no way to get a timeline out of her. LE may have an idea by going some of the places they went that day and checking devices. LE is keeping that to themselves.

As for the two minutes... Okay, i think it was minimum five just because of how you have to climb into the house. But, how long did she call for SW after she got inside before she went downstairs to look? I think there could have been a little more time here just because more distractions than outside with CH's knee brace.

I think the key here is although they live in East Tennessee, neither one of them were raised there. Also, CB has traveled quite a bit back when she was with the carnival. CB and DW have some pretty unique backgrounds, so they are going to communicate differently.

It is not an insurmountable problem. DW needs to be kept on topic. CB trusted CM and only CM. We all know how that worked out. So, now she has deteriorated probably due to emotional strain (maybe other things, but that is the driving force) and doesn't trust anyone. Dr. Phil really tried to get her to talk to him, but I think she was just scared.

Thank you BP for just having to bring up the "cornbread mafia". Give me a break. Anyone wonders why i am so annoyed, go look up any famous gang you can think of, they're all active all over the country.

So, while DW wasn't too afraid of the BP guys, CB was afraid of them. I think she thought they were trying to trick her. And... Well...

I agree @TxLady2, CBW reminds me a lot of my adult daughter - she just floats through life without paying close attention to anything in particular, has no concept of time and a hard time remembering/recognizing faces, autos and such. I can’t fault CBW’s loose timeline as my daughter, and even I, probably couldn’t say exactly what I did at what exact time today. If a traumatic event happened I am pretty sure I would be even worse at recounting it all.

I am absolutely useless during traumatic events. Truth.

If it were the day my little girl disappeared LE wouldn't have to figure out my timeline. I wouldn't be able to rest until I pieced it all together. I'd reenact every moment of that day. Everywhere we went. Everything we did. Everyone we saw.

If it were the day my little girl disappeared LE wouldn't have to figure out my timeline. I wouldn't be able to rest until I pieced it all together. I'd reenact every moment of that day. Everywhere we went. Everything we did. Everyone we saw.
One place to start would be receipts. I get some people don't bother getting receipts every place they go, but Walgreens would have insisted on giving all the papers everyone gets with prescriptions.

I mean maybe CB did more of this than we think.

LE sometimes tells people not to publicly say certain things. Idk about this case.

Yet in an early interview on youtube (which was approved here) Don said the boys were with him that day, which was then double checked by the creator and he quickly back tracked.

Also, DD in an interview claimed Candus, on the night of Summer's disappearance, showed him a video of the boys swimming and told him they were from earlier on that day.

Obviously, he could've been confused and she meant she'd uploaded them that day. Who knows.

Don said the boys were with him? I missed that but I haven't been following many of the YT videos. Do you have something to lead me to which, when, or where? Or anyone? In fact this is the first time I've even heard this. Thx.

She's sticking to her public story. If she changes it now, it'll be worse. I would hope she has told the police everything to her ability. But she doesn't owe you or anyone else (outside of LE) any explanation.

Another thought I had was why is it so hard to accept it may have been only 2 min? They were finished with the flower planting, washed their hands, and spent a few with Gma. (SW given candy) If the brace just needed straps tightened or something I wouldn't think that would take even 2 min. It sounds as if the outside activity was over and they were going in the house, CBW simply helped her mom for a couple min and then went inside. IMO

That's how you believe you'd handle the pressure, and you might. You'd certainly try to respond that way and mentally check off those to-dos. However, you can't be certain of how your mind and your body would handle the shock and trauma unless you were actually in this exact situation. AMOO

I am absolutely useless during traumatic events. Truth.

My Mom is too. It's not something people do or don't do on purpose. It's quite involuntary. I've seen my very rational, highly capable Mom fall apart in a life or death situation. She can't think straight and is a jumble of nerves.

Some on here and elsewhere have stated..."if my daughter were missing, I'd do x, y, and z." It's very easy to declare, "I'd do x, y, and z." But unless the individuals are in this same situation, it's just speculation on their part as to how they would react. MOO

Which could have been the case and I would have no issue with that. Except, I haven't heard her say a "couple of minutes". I've heard her say 2 minutes or at a push 5 minutes.

Even if her concept of time is bad, what are the chances that Gma and the boys also have the same issue? They were there, so surely they must have an idea of how long it took.

These are the kind of conversations that had us all going around in circles for many threads.

It's a frustrating case for sure.
I have 3 boys who love love love video games. When they are playing, they have absolutely NO concept of time. None. They feel like they have been playing for a half hour and it's been half of a day. It's very likely that the boys were no help at all.

One place to start would be receipts. I get some people don't bother getting receipts every place they go, but Walgreens would have insisted on giving all the papers everyone gets with prescriptions.

I mean maybe CB did more of this than we think.

LE sometimes tells people not to publicly say certain things. Idk about this case.

I personally don't think that the errands earlier in the day had anything to do with anything. However, I am certain that LE pieced together earlier in the day through receipts, cameras, etc.

It's much harder to time stamp what happens in your home. If it was a throw in some laundry, watch TV, chat with mom kind of afternoon, I don't see why people would expect her to know exactly what time she did each thing.

I think CW has a good idea of time generally speaking. She’s on her phone a lot. The time is very obvious every time I have to unlock my phone. Don’t know about her phone - but I think she’s aware of time passage.

She has children and probably has a sense of meal time or when she needs to start dinner?
Most washers and dryers have audible sounds when load is finished. An audible clue of how much time has passed.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member