CA CA - Shirlee Weaver, 84 (fnd dec) & Candy Sturgill, 75, Litchfield, 25 Oct 2020

Candy Lee Sturgill – The Charley Project

Candy Lee Sturgill
sturgill_candy.jpg
sturgill_candy2.jpg

sturgill_candy_weaver.jpg

Sturgill, circa 2020; Shirlee Weaver
  • Missing Since 10/25/2020
  • Missing From Litchfield, California
  • Classification Lost/Injured Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 05/22/1945 (76)
  • Age 75 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6, 145 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Sturgill was last seen in Litchfield, California on October 25, 2020. She went missing with a friend, Shirlee Weaver. They left Litchfield en route to Wendel, California, in a white 2002 Toyota RAV4 with the California license plate number 6NWD443. Neither of the women ever returned or were ever heard from again.

On November 10, searchers in Washoe County, Nevada found the women's missing vehicle near Mixie Flat Road several miles east of Sage Hen Spring. One of the tires was flat, the hood was raised, and the word "HELP" was spelled on the ground using items from inside the car. Weaver's body was in the passenger seat, but there was no sign of Sturgill.

A photo of Weaver is posted with this case summary. Authorities stated her death did not appear to be suspicious. Sturgill has never been located and her fate remains unclear.

Last updated November 18, 2021; casefile added.

I live not too far from this area and have seen/heard nothing in the news for the past year. I wonder if they did aerial searches over the area during the summer when the sky was clear and there was no snow.

I also wonder whether the state line has made a difference in the prioritizing of this case: they were from California but the car and Weaver's body were found across the line in NV.

This is (if it isn't apparent) a VERY remote area but still I would have expected Washoe County to have found the time for more searches during the year. Maybe they did and found nothing, but it hasn't been publicized if so.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back