TX TX - Debra Adams, 20-30, Abilene, 31 Mar 1989

Oh sorry, did I post something offensive?

No....totally not! Sorry! My bad...You didn't do wrong at all. The thing is.....I (we) tried to help the family friend along in this case...from there other's did. This missing woman has a son....not sure where he is now....a family friend is advocating for him/for Debra Adams...and I really don't know what they found out or where they are going or that they are even actively searching for her. See my post #25 My frustration....

Oh ok. Gotcha, yeah more info would certainly help. Having her son on here would help tremendously too if that’s possible. I am wondering if he did get results from Ancestry or 23 and me or whatever DNA test he was planning to take or was the DNA kit he did through Law Enforcement and not one of those types? Also, I swear on Namus, whether or not DNA was available used to be visible for everyone, now I can’t find it on any UIDs. I guess I probably would need an account to locate that now?

Last edited:
Oh ok. Gotcha, yeah more info would certainly help. Having her son on here would help tremendously too if that’s possible. I am wondering if he did get results from Ancestry or 23 and me or whatever DNA test he was planning to take or was the DNA kit he did through Law Enforcement and not one of those types? Also, I swear on Namus, whether or not DNA was available used to be visible for everyone, now I can’t find it on any UIDs. I guess I probably would need an account to locate that now?

I really not sure what the status in this case is...maybe you can learn more following this site. Log into Facebook

The existing identifiers in Namus are no longer shown to the public, new policy since a while (not sure how long). Even if you are registred I don't believe we (not being LE or medical examiner) can see them. Being from abroad/outside America I can't even register. Maybe with using VPN, but I don't want to go there. Maybe you get any wiser on this on the Doe Network. They tend to list the identifiers but I wouldn't be always to sure about the information provided.

Also this is her missing fb page. Log into Facebook No more recent posts about Debbie. Am interesting post on Log into Facebook (dated 22 November 2018) were the family friend is talking about the DNA sample. I also see that Janet Franson seems to be involved. She is a retired detective, now advocating for many, especially cold cases and the Native American community and the founder of Lost and Missing in Indian Country
I think she helped them and my guess is there is a DNA sample now somewhere that can be compared with UID's in Namus.

I wish @chadc325 could come back and give an update, but he/she was last seen on WS in February 2021.

@MadMcGoo would it be possible for you to look into the rule out list for Debra. Is she compared to certain UID's?

Last edited:
The existing identifiers in Namus are no longer shown to the public, new policy since a while (not sure how long). Even if you are registred I don't believe we (not being LE or medical examiner) can see them. Being from abroad/outside America I can't even register. Maybe with using VPN, but I don't want to go there. Maybe you get any wiser on this on the Doe Network. They tend to list the identifiers but I wouldn't be always to sure about the information provided.

Also this is her missing fb page. Log into Facebook No more recent posts about Debbie. Am interesting post on Log into Facebook (dated 22 November 2018) were the family friend is talking about the DNA sample. I also see that Janet Franson seems to be involved. She is a retired detective, now advocating for many, especially cold cases and the Native American community and the founder of Lost and Missing in Indian Country
I think she helped them and my guess is there is a DNA sample now somewhere that can be compared with UID's in Namus.

I wish @chadc325 could come back and give an update, but he/she was last seen on WS in February 2021.

@MadMcGoo would it be possible for you to look into the rule out list for Debra. Is she compared to certain UID's?
This is very help to know. Thank you so much!

Possible option for Debra?

Debra would be slightly over age range (21yo), last seen "around" March 1989 and fits the height, weight and ethnicity estimates. Distance is 190mi but on major highways (I'm thinking hitchiking/trucking routes). Reports say she spent a lot of time in Houston and to get there on major highways from Abilene would have involved travelling part-ways on I-45 where the UID was found. PMI of the UID was up to 2 years so Debra's tatts would not have been noticeable in all likelihood, if it was her.

(2) TX - TX - Wilmer, off I-45, WhtFem 16-20, UP14762, Skeletal, Sz 5 Braxton denim shorts or skirt, Oct'90 | Websleuths

Last edited:
If the family friend is still following, I'm curious if the name Adrian means anything? Her son, perhaps?

It seems based on her lifestyle, Debr could have ended up anywhere....

Any thoughts on this Jane Doe possibly being Debra?

On the Find Deborah Marie Adams FB pages they posted another picture of Debra. She looks very different. Her hair looks wet but would be more her natural color. The picture has a red haze over it, that could make her hair look more reddish, but I actually think she has a natural reddish tint to it as well. It might help. In this picture she really has a nice heart shaped nose tip. Log in or sign up to view

Attachments

• 1664190407381.png
    1664190407381.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
On the Find Deborah Marie Adams FB pages they posted another picture of Debra. She looks very different. Her hair looks wet but would be more her natural color. The picture has a red haze over it, that could make her hair look more reddish, but I actually think she has a natural reddish tint to it as well. It might help. In this picture she really has a nice heart shaped nose tip. Log in or sign up to view
It does have a weird haze, almost like sepia? Maybe film was left inside an old camera and then developed years later? I remember that happening when I was young.

I tried cleaning it up a bit, not sure if it helped, but I think her features are a little more visible: Screen Shot 2022-09-26 at 8.59.58 AM.png

I'm not 100% certain, but when I really look at the cleaned up image, I believe Debra had multiple piercings in the visible lower earlobe.

sorry everyone i get overwhelmed at times so i step away to get clear eyes and mind . the dna test is the test detective oleary from houston pd . i beleive shes retired and does it when she wants im grateful its something but no police is actively searching .weve gotten some messages from people through out her life . this guard at the teen girls prision she was in when she was pregnant with nate said debra was so happy nate was coming . another lady that was locked up with her in that prision said she saw deborah in the 5th ward and she was most likely being trafficked because she yelled at debra and debra turned to walk tell some guy told her to turn around and she did ..not sure tattos or how to figure that out .ill text her son to talk with him see if i can get him to maybe call somewhere i just dont know what to do felt like i was spinning not going anywhere because not sure what else to do

Possible option for Debra?

Debra would be slightly over age range (21yo), last seen "around" March 1989 and fits the height, weight and ethnicity estimates. Distance is 190mi but on major highways (I'm thinking hitchiking/trucking routes). Reports say she spent a lot of time in Houston and to get there on major highways from Abilene would have involved travelling part-ways on I-45 where the UID was found. PMI of the UID was up to 2 years so Debra's tatts would not have been noticeable in all likelihood, if it was her.

(2) TX - TX - Wilmer, off I-45, WhtFem 16-20, UP14762, Skeletal, Sz 5 Braxton denim shorts or skirt, Oct'90 | Websleuths

I went ahead and submitted Debra against UP14762 (Wilmer Jane Doe).

I submitted Debra to DoeNetwork in September 2022 as a possible match to UP14762 and on 29 August 2023 I was advised on 29 August 2023 that there's no match. They also confirmed there's no DNA available for UP14762's skeletal remains, so I guess she was ruled out through other means:

RULED OUT 5-29-23: Harris County Sheriff's Office The unidentified is only skeletal remains and they are not able to pull DNA from them, so they cannot do a comparison. Also, we believe Ms. Adams met with foul play in Houston area.

Also, I cannot find where there may or may not be DNA available on this Namus page. Does anyone know where to find that info?
Yes her son took a test but i havent heard anything from it the detective that has this case his retired and does this case on free time best way to put it . but it was only way to get a missing person filed then her son took test few mths later and that was 5 years ago . i got her granddaughter to take test and am trying to contact that detective to get a official dna test for codis from a law enforcement

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back